It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subliminal Incest theme in Folger's Commercial?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evil3unnie
reply to post by flightsuit

Question do you always look for things that represent incest?

No.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ausar

What are you talking about? Seriously what do you mean by sterile.

To the OP I hear you man, you pointed out where the sister had her hands between her thighs and makes a goofy noise at 26 seconds into the video.
The whole theme was sexual but it was also very subtle, notice how the first page is riddled with immature minds claiming to have the moral high ground while trying to ridicule and embarrass you. This is because The television was almost immediately used malevolently after being invented.
Now as you point out very subliminal or even simply subtle messages people cannot or will not see it. What's even scarier is the truly subliminal messages that go beyond the senses, straight to the subconscious mind, those messages might come from a coffee commercial but have nothing to do with coffee. This might be why you're met with such stiff opposition while posting about it.
edit on 17-12-2010 by Xemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OverSword

You're a nut. Perhaps you are projecting incestful feelings for your own sister on the commercial.

And you are an idiot.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xemplar
reply to post by Ausar

What are you talking about? Seriously what do you mean by sterile.

To the OP I hear you man, you pointed out where the sister had her hands between her thighs and makes a goofy noise at 26 seconds into the video.
The whole theme was sexual but it was also very subtle, notice how the first page is riddled with immature minds claiming to have the moral high ground while trying to ridicule and embarrass you. This is because The television was almost immediately used malevolently after being invented.
Now as you point out very subliminal or even simply subtle messages people cannot or will not see it. What's even scarier is the truly subliminal messages that go beyond the senses, straight to the subconscious mind, those messages might come from a coffee commercial but have nothing to do with coffee. This might be why you're met with such stiff opposition while posting about it.

Exactly! Thank you.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Look again poet. at no time is her hand deep between her thighs. Her hand is moving from her thigh and going up. If you freeze it at 26 seconds and don't take into account where it was before or after then you can see that. But it's only in your own imagination that this girl was touching herself in a twisted way.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Correction. I looked at it again and the palm of her hand is on top of her thigh, fingers facing in, 5 or six inches in front of her crotch.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The great irony here is that the frenzy of denial and attacks on my character which we're seeing from so many of the commenters here closely mirrors the denial and character assassination which results when people report actual incest in the real world.

All of you idiots claiming there's something wrong with me, and that I'm projecting my own sick fantasies onto a perfectly normal, healthy family relationship?

You are NO DIFFERENT from Sigmund Freud when he wrongly theorized that the many, many tales of incestuous sexual abuse he was hearing from his female patients were fantasies that girls cooked up because they desired their fathers and resented their mothers.

This was a cowardly rationalization and denial fantasy which Freud invented because he couldn't handle the reality he was being repeatedly confronted with, and he did society a terrible disservice.

How many victims of incest were laughed at by the mental health industry in the ensuing decades, thanks to Freud's pathological denial? We'll never know.

So to my critics, I ask this:

How does it feel to realize you're protecting your fragile reality by concocting the same harmful, offensive lies that Freud retreated into?

At least you're in good company.
edit on 17-12-2010 by flightsuit because: fixed typo

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
WTF

haha,this is still stupid.seriously!

Its a bro and his sis,who missed each other.I don't see how they're going to do it on the kitchen counter any second like you.

And you gotta remember they're actors.Maybe what you saw was the two actors sharing something intimate.Maybe they're just bad actors.pfft who knows or maybe ur imagination is running away with you.

anyz,this is pointless.pretty sure ur convinced they were going to do the dirty deed before mom and dad walked in and theres no convincing you otherwise.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

you seem to know alot about incest

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KDM_Souljah
This post is a very shocking of how F***** up the whole world is and how distanced from reality they are, the people are programmed to think that family love and care and decentness has to be viewed as taboo and devious with sexual tendencies makes me feel sick to the core.

op i think you have been brainwashed mate by tptb, the same people that want broken homes and divide in communities, i wish people would see the love of family in these adverts,that warm feeling i got made me want a cup of that coffee and im drinking coffee right now hmmmmmmm yummie

This,

I think you are over analyzing this OP.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost

you seem to know alot about incest

And you seem to be resorting to personal attacks that have no basis in reality.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
that's just ridiculous....I don't see anything sexual here....

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with this commercial. It's a sister whose brother was overseas and is glad he's back safely. The pause was him just not knowing what to say.

This whole thing seems to be the same thing as "lets see what kind of perversions we can find in Disney movies" in my opinion, one needs to be a pervert to find perversions.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Don't worry it's probably not in your subconscious for the reason some might think, or imply.
If it's there, it because of 24 hours x 7 days of news...Trying to embed the saddest, and most notorious kinds of stories they can find. Too much news. And the badder the better.
In the old days, they used to say "If it bleeds, it leads"..
They still use that formula now....but they include other disgusting types of behavior.

I see a young girl, happy to see successful big brother coming home for the holidays.
Some families still love each other...Contrary to popular news reports!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   

they always do it with sex in mind because sex sells

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Or maybe her hand and groan was specifically choreographed because it is an extremely produced commercial. Sorry but there are no accidents when a multimillion dollar company like Folgers chooses to produce a commercial.

And again you as well as many others choose to reduce themselves to a an infantile slur against the OP because of your own very apparent insecurities.

We need a scarlet letter option instead of flagging and starring.

If you disagree then disagree, attacking the OP with your subtle or blatant remarks is disgusting.

FlightSuit there is proof that subliminal messaging exists and is worth millions of dollars. Bush's campaign had a famous commercial with it.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by sykickvision
I see a sister that idolizes her big brother. Unfortunately in the common American family, this is a rarity. The idolization seems a bit misplaced due to the age of the "sister" - if she were noticeably a few years younger then everyone would be able to see it for what it was intended. I think.

I agree with you on this. The girl is in no way sexually suggestive. Relatively flat-chested and in a very baggy T-shirt, she gives the appearance of not even knowing what sex is .... OK, a streach, but it is simply a very down-to-earth loving family depicted. Note the boy's "beard," the daughter;s sleeping-efficient ponytail, and the mother's mess of a hair. Very cute, I think and clever. But then I don't watch TV.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by flightsuit

Originally posted by woodwytch

I haven't read all the replies ... and to make my own observation I don't need to.

I find the most disturbing thing about your OP after watching the video ... is the fact that you actually saw 'anything' sexual at all about it ... even more disturbing that you thought the family love and affection displayed in the ad must have incestuous undertones.

Maybe you should look at your own subliminal psychology a little closer ?

Woody
edit on 17-12-2010 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
So we have a number of people on ATS who have some insecurity issues when it comes to a dramatization of siblings interacting in a friendly manner.

That says more about the members than any coffee that Folgers is selling.

I've lumped both your comments together so I can respond to them in bulk. You are both making stupid, stupid assumptions.

You really didn't think about what you wrote there did you

Read it again (twice if necessary ... then re-read your OP) because that is exactly what you have done ... made stupid, stupid assumptions about a coffee advert !

Woody

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
looks like a sister loves her brother and thats all.. atleast to me some people take things to far.. at the 26 mark i always do that, its morning time its cold put your hands in between your legs and all is warm

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The first time I saw this commercial I was creep ed out, not because of the placement of hands. Normally brothers and sisters get along as well as oil and water mix. Well, my opinion, and yes there are exceptions.

But what really creep ed me out was the eye contact the brother made with the sister. That is what said it all for me.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join