It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 conspiracies, Just An Excuse for American Weakness? !?!?!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Have you ever heard of William Cooper? He actually predicted 9/11...

And you know what happened? He was killed.

Please listen to what this man has to say.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Another point i want to make just so that its on the first page just encase i start getting flamed when all the log on to ATS in a few hours.

I am actually reasonably well read on matters of terrorism and 9/11, I am not ignorant of the facts however on balance I believe that the majority of 9/11 conspiracy theorist are just that, theories, they are not fact’s and as such I do not subscribe to many of them.

In this thread i have not bothered getting to technical or into any specific details and I would like to stick to the theme of this thread that 9/11 conspiracies are a excuse for Americas weakness rather than descend into pages of comments about how i am either ignorant or part of the NWO.

Your OP just seemed downright offensive towards Americans. It showed a flagrant disregard for the feelings of anyone associated to those who lost their lives that day who are still left with questions regarding the events that took place. It was a preachy post which just seemed to mock a nation for being defenceless against an attack? Regardless of if you think all conspiracies related to this were devised in America, your main post just seems to say "Hey America, how'd you like that?"

And this post that I've quoted smacked of ignorance. 'I am actually reasonably well read on matters of terrorism and 9/11' yet you ignored another posters comments that one of the biggest theorists is French and based in France - not America.

You only seemed to respond to the one line posters who took a swipe at you directly, anyone who offered an educated answer you conveniently ignored.

Your signature reads that I should read your OP or be intellectually constipated - this wasn't the case. I simply regretted devoting any kind of time to a post which was merely intended to get peoples backs up and I regretfully feel stupider for it.

Kindly offer up your own theories, and bring to the table evidence which was presented that totally defines that '19 foreigners with boxcutters' brought down 2 skyscrapers. That's what a true sceptic would do with a subject line as bold as yours. They wouldn't shy away from 'getting too technical or into specific details' because they'd be going all out to provide materials that back up their thoughts. They wouldn't simply take a swipe at a nation and dismiss everything out of hand that people - including families of those who died - put stock in, because it offers up more definitive answers than your OP does, or the OS ever has in the 9 years it has been rammed down their throats.
edit on 9/2/11 by ALadInsane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

The United States comes in close to last compared to rest of the world when it comes to 12th grade math and science test scores 19th out of 21 .(see below)

But the United States comes in first when it comes to the amounts budgeted for defense and weapons development @ 663 Billion. (2009)

So it's plainly obvious as a nation as to where our priorities lie.

9/11 conspiracy theories are not entirely a result a lunatic fringe of tin hat wearing "truthers" but instead has more to do with a small percentage of Americans waking up and recognizing our history of Corrupt elected officials have historically done whatever they want as long as it enhances their bottom line.

Corrupt elected officials blatantly disregarding the US Constitution and abusing the system of Government for what it was intended as being of the people, by the people, and for the people.

AND The media being complicit in not telling us the entire story better known as the truth.

Which has driven people to the internet for answers. Answers to questions our elected officials or our media won't provide for obvious reasons.

That is the root cause of conspiracies in general. Not simply 9/11 or the fact that our defenses were breached on 9/11. It's much larger than that and obvious that it has more to do with past lies we have been told year after year about what is really going on in our country by our corrupt elected officials and the media..

Plain and Simple.

"Fool me once....Fool me twice"

By Grade 12, the following countries beat our US students in math and science scores.

1. Netherlands
2. Sweden
3. Denmark
4. Switzerland
5. Iceland
6. Norway
7. France
8. New Zealand
9. Australia
10.Canada
11. Austria
12. Slovakia
13. Germany
14. Italy
15. Hungary
16. Russia
17. Lithuania
18. Czech Republic
19. United States
20. Cyprus
21. South Africa

4brevard.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Who ARE you to tell us how we should be or feel about 9/11 and the OS? Imagine? You imagine, you think we should tow the line and lay down and take it. From abroad, a well versed intellect on AMERICAN behavior who 'knows he's right'. Horse hockey.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The official explanation from the 9/11 commission is a conspiracy theory itself. 19 Terrorists with box cutters successfully evaded NORAD, successfully hijacked 4 airlines, and hit 75% of their targets. You can try to make excuses for the speculations the conspiracy theorists pulled out about 9/1. But there can be just as many excuses made for the opposing side. Most people I know are in complete denial about 9/11, and they refuse to research it. My point is that don't be so fast to put down the conspiracy theorists speculations, as the 9/11 commission itself.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I think the more important question is why do non-CT-minded people always feel the need to attack and explain away the people who ask questions and come up with ideas. if "we" really are just nut jobs who are too hurt by 9-11 to believe that anyone could do that to us, then why do you need to explain that to us? just leave us be.

there is one glaring fact that you left out of the OP; regardless of what the truth is, we the People were never told the entire story. nothing was ever proven in any court save the court of public opinion. no clear, definitive evidence was offered to connect al-qaeda and OBL to 9-11. the shadows are scary, so we all try to shine our own light in them to clear up the picture.

while you ask "us" why we are so reluctant to believe the OS, ask yourself why you are so willing to accept it? CTs question the stories told to us by our leaders, identify and accept the holes in people's stories and try to reach a conclusion which seems plausible to them. if you want to believe the television and the president and think that they just want to be your buddy and take care of you, go ahead. I know the truth; the television wants my money and the president wants my vote. nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RicoMarston

I think the more important question is why do non-CT-minded people always feel the need to attack and explain away the people who ask questions and come up with ideas. if "we" really are just nut jobs who are too hurt by 9-11 to believe that anyone could do that to us, then why do you need to explain that to us? just leave us be.

there is one glaring fact that you left out of the OP; regardless of what the truth is, we the People were never told the entire story. nothing was ever proven in any court save the court of public opinion. no clear, definitive evidence was offered to connect al-qaeda and OBL to 9-11. the shadows are scary, so we all try to shine our own light in them to clear up the picture.

while you ask "us" why we are so reluctant to believe the OS, ask yourself why you are so willing to accept it? CTs question the stories told to us by our leaders, identify and accept the holes in people's stories and try to reach a conclusion which seems plausible to them. if you want to believe the television and the president and think that they just want to be your buddy and take care of you, go ahead. I know the truth; the television wants my money and the president wants my vote. nothing more, nothing less.

Well, if we leave you be then that is akin to letting a fire grow out of control. You would begin to reason that because there is seemingly no opposition to your views that you must be absolutely correct, and then all sorts of unpleasant radical moves could be made.

The truth is that there has been evidence to connect the two, and even video of OBL admitting that he planned it. The thing about CT is that (like a crazy person in denial), any evidence that is contrary to belief is just dismissed and professed to be fake or to not exist. The proliferation of ignorance I have seen on this site alone (don't even get me started on Youtube videos. I literally get my life threatened if I try to have an opinion that doesn't agree with a CT).

Honestly, the reason I believe the OS (for the most part) is because it makes sense to me. In all the research I've done, the OS has the fewest holes and logical short-comings. I know that I'll get stoned and burned at the stake one day by radicals, but I just don't see the ultimate conspiracy. Honestly, I do believe that the government of the US could have done it, and that's a very real possibility to me, but I'm not going to run around accusing the government of murdering its own citizens on a whim. I'd like some solid evidence and much prefer the concept of "Innocent until proven guilty." Plus, I think that if the government wanted to do a false flag, that they are smart enough to use real planes and real effects. They wouldn't use missiles or controlled demolitions, because it's almost impossible to do anything perfectly. That's why the military trains for EVERY impossible mishap and problem that can go wrong on a mission.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
So are you saying that two planes brought down the towers at free fall speed, and they also caused an explosion in the basement (as testified by many people there), as well as bringing down the WTC7 as a demolition-like fall?
-----Or are you saying that the people looking for the evidence are weak-minded?
-----Or are you saying that the people who believe the 9/11 Commission Report are weak-minded and filled with so much national fervor that it only hurts themselves?
-----From what I read, you are saying that anyone who seeks explanation to dramatic events are weak-minded. Assuming this, any court hearing can be deemed as a weak-minded action.
-----I see that you lack response to many of these posters in your own thread, which shows me how weak-minded you may be, so I guess I won't expect to hear back from you regarding any of these questions.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
So let me get this straight. No one finds it just a little odd that no building constructed of steel has ever collapsed due to fire? David Rockefeller said that all one needs is a sufficient catastrophe in order to make a populace give up their freedoms. And then the gov't used the attacks as a pretext to pass the patriot act. The parallels between the Reichstag fire and the events on 9/11 are just too convenient to ignore, and the pieces just fit in my opinion.

sheanc.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join