It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 conspiracies, Just An Excuse for American Weakness? !?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Yes you read the title correctly, I am going to argue that the reason behind most 9/11 conspiracy theories is to cover up for the bruised America ego cause by Americas own weakness regarding 9/11. But before you all start flaming me like it’s the 4th of July hear me out.

America as the rest of the world is only too aware of is a very proud and patriotic nation that always has to be seen to have a bigger gun than the other guy. Before 9/11 the idea that anyone would dare to attack the “mighty USofA” on American soil was unthinkable. After 9/11, this illusion of supreme American strength was shattered; the country was brought to its knees by 19 foreign guys with box openers and a group of religious nuts living in cave’s in a place no one had really heard of. The economy took a hit, all air transport grounded and a general wave of fear griped the core of the American psyche, for a moment it was shown America could bleed, it was a moment of collective weakness for an entire nation. The nation was in shock, America was hit, it was hit hard, and it was hit with relative ease and now everything was going to change.

Now I would imagine that for a patriotic son of Uncle Sam it’s going to be very hard to accept this at face value. Not only that America got hit hard but that America got hit so hard, so easily, by so few, in a very unsophisticated manor America had been shown to have a weakness. As a result we have denial, Joe the flag hugger just cannot accept that his beloved country could be hit like this, that his illusion of American supremacy has been shattered.

The inevitable conclusion as a result of this denial and hurt is the quest to find a deeper meaning to the events of that day and the conspiracy theories are born. The conspiracy is made up of odd bits and bobs of manipulated historical and scientific facts coupled with the as yet unanswered questions that arouse from that day toped up with a whole truck load of speculation, opinion and hypothesis. As a result a new deeper meaning for 9/11 has been born, it now happened for a reason, it was not that America was week, it was because America was betrayed, attacked from within. And thus the conspiracy theories become an excuse for America’s weakness, a vesicle to give greater understanding and meaning for the weak minded who cannot deal with the grief that has resulted after the unthinkable.

As such one could now say that the conspiracies have been come folk stories, myths and fantasies told to people to explain something which due to the shear horror of that day their minds cannot cope with. No longer was America attacked just because a bunch of religious nut jobs living in a cave misinterpreted a book, no America was attacked because there was a evil plot by the very secretive elitists sitting at the top of the pyramid with their all seeing eye deemed America to be important enough to be attacked in a spectacularly sophisticated false flag operation. How could America have possibly defended herself against the mighty NWO, who are all knowing and control everything. This however is just one illusion on top of another illusion built on flawed science, history, speculation, superstition, fantasy, ignorance and subjective opinions to protect you from the truth. In a moment of weakness America got hit, HARD

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

That's all very well and good except for 2 teeny tiny points:

1. Your whole story hangs on the fact that the OS is true.

2. Your whole story assumes that it is only Americans who have conceived of these 'conspiracies'. Hi, my name is Kryties and I'm an Australian living in Australia who came to my own conclusion thank you very much.

I remember sitting up, late at night, watching Star Trek Voyager at a hotel room in Auburn, NSW while I was looking after my sick grandfather. I remember being annoyed that the show was cut off for a newsflash, then I remember sitting transfixed until the early hours of the morning (Aussie time) watching it unfold - and thinking to myself even then that something was wrong with the whole issue. The following days, months and years proved me right - starting with the Patriot Act.

But anyhoo, the whole point of that was to say that I wasn't influenced by any patriotic emotion caused by seeing my country attacked. I developed my own thoughts and suspicions that I then found that others shared as I searched the Internet looking for others who thought the whole thing was fishy.
edit on 16/12/2010 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If that were true, the biggest conspiracy theorists would be people like Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, people who oozed the type of "big ol' US of A" that you are talking about. However, they aren't conspiracy theorists they hate 9/11 conspiracies. Plus your theory also denies the facts that point to inside job, so in conclusion your entire premise is a speculation, a "theory" if you will.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a bunch of religious nut jobs living in a cave

While I can understand the point you are trying to convey , your above choice of words is more of a hindrance , than anything .

As long as this cliche is repeated , there will always be people who find it impossible to believe that 9/11 was orchestrated by those who were actually responsible .

These were not cave-dwelling goat-herders . Most were well-educated and came from semi-wealthy to wealthy families . Calling them cave-dwellers does nothing other than lend false credence to some of the preposterous conspiracy theories .

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The trouble is that this subject keeps getting discussed in conspiracy threads and that word puts people into a certain frame of mind.

This should be discussed in a physics and engineering threads.

150 ton airliner with 34 tons of jet fuel TOTALLY destroys skyscraper in less than TWO HOURS and the nation that put men on the Moon can't tell the entire world the distributions of steel and concrete throughout buildings designed before 1969.

All of the people in the United States with degrees in physics should be laughed at for the next THOUSAND YEARS for letting this drag on for NINE YEARS.

ROFLMAO

psik

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Oh please. And the U.S. response was what? Destroying Iraq and blowing up caves in Afghanistan even though almost all of the supposed perps were Saudi.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I can understand your wrestle with denial. To sit there, looking at the facts when the official story had come to define so much of us and what it all really means... it hurts. It means the lies are so much bigger, nastier and a realization of evil that has so much of a hold on all of us, our society, beliefs and who we are. To sit there and have everything we held true and right shattered into a million little pieces rips out your heart and makes you question everything you thought was real. I can understand your hesitation in taking that step, to think the unthinkable. When you do there is no turning back, your life will never be the same. But it will start to grow again, this time with a better understanding of the reality we all share.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I will not even read your thoughts, how many ridiculous threads are you going to start and how many people are going to give him credit by responding to each one!

Who are you, some kid that just looking for fame on ATS and stars and flags to boost your own ego?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

FYI, 911 WAS a shocker for a number of reasons. It was an awesome spectacle and practically everyone knew there would be consequences, hell to pay. But, some people don't stop asking questions just because someone pretends to give them answers. If the answers aren't satisfactory, some people are just stubborn enough to keep asking them.
The legacy of 911 is that "they" overstepped and opened up a can of whoopass on themselves. It just took a while for this can to be pried open. Now, the Bush family, AIPAC, Israel and the Mossad are all being looked at closely while before they could just do what they wanted without question. They cannot pull their false flags with impunity anymore. Americans and the world are onto their game.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Plus your theory also denies the facts that point to inside job, so in conclusion your entire premise is a speculation, a "theory" if you will.

There are no “FACTS” that point to an inside job. Only innuendo and speculation.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Oh please. And the U.S. response was what? Destroying Iraq and blowing up caves in Afghanistan even though almost all of the supposed perps were Saudi.

Your point being ????? REGARDLESS of what the "U.S. response" was , it does not negate the FACT that these guys were not a bunch of illiterate cave-dwellers .

"Destroying Iraq and blowing up caves ..." DOES NOT negate the FACT that these guys were not a bunch of illiterate cave-dwellers .

So , please , humor me for a moment , and clarify whatever point it is that you were trying to convey .

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
No the OS is analyzed and debunked like any other conspiracy theory, when somebody presents an picture of bigfoot or an UFO pictures that just happens to look like an airliner.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

If you have a headache, do you ask for brain surgery?
It is clear that 911 was orchestrated as a pretense for a perpetual war on terror, can't you see that? If it were who you claim it were, we would have had a much different response. The response does not match the attack because it was never meant to.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Nah, the fact is, every country has their own bunch of conspiracy theorists conjuring up loony conspiracy theories that make no sense. In England, they're coming up with conspiracies that princess Diana was assassinated by the SAS to protect the crown. In Australia, the gov't is hiding aliens in Pine Gap. In France, missing Air France flight 447 was deliberately destroyed to increase military spending with European contractors. In Sweden there's a coverup of the ferry Estonia that sank becuase it was secretly carrying nuclear weapons. And so on and so forth.

The only difference is that American culture is just so prevalent in the world (mostly becuase even our failures are so interesting!), so although we in America won't know of a bombing war between the Outlaws and the Hell's Angels in Canada, people in Canada will know what color underwear Kim Kardashian is wearing. Add the fact that conspiracy merchants like Dylan Avery and Alex Jones are VERY good at selling people on every half baked conspiracy from Satan worshipping cults to missile pods on the planes, and they make the conspiracy peddlers in other countries look like little kids selling lemonade on a street corner by comparison.

Rather than conspiracies being "an American weakness" it's really the case that conspiracy mongering is a human weakness, and your experience of the world isn't enough to let you see what's going on at the other side of the fence. FYI the "cruise missile at the Pentagon" conspiracy didn't come from us- it came from a conspiracy crackpot in France. The peopel here in the US simply gullible enough to believe it just like they're gullible enough to believe secret controlled demolitions, lasers from outer space, or whatever.
edit on 16-12-2010 by GoodOlDave because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

If you have a headache, do you ask for brain surgery?
It is clear that 911 was orchestrated as a pretense for a perpetual war on terror, can't you see that? If it were who you claim it were, we would have had a much different response. The response does not match the attack because it was never meant to.

And how , exactly , is any of this relevant to what I have posted ?

The response does not match the attack ? Just what the hell were we supposed to do , go over there and kill 3,000 of them and come home ? Or maybe fly some airplanes into some of their buildings ?

This is one of the most assinine arguments I have heard when it comes to 9/11 . The response doesn't match the attacks .
As a matter of fact , your whole argument , quoted above , makes no sense to a rational mind .

Headache ? 9/11 was much more than a headache . And besides , what were we supposed to do , hold conference calls with al-qaeda and the taliban , to see what methods of whoop-ass they would approve of us launching upon them ?

If it were who you claim it were, we would have had a much different response.

Okay , enlighten me here . I'm claiming that 19 Islamic radicals flew airplanes into buildings . I'm also claiming that some of those were Saudis , as you have also alluded to above .

So , please show me how you are right and I am wrong . On second thought , don't bother . I have rocks in my yard that I can go argue with .

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd
reply to post by Stewie

The response does not match the attack ? Just what the hell were we supposed to do , go over there and kill 3,000 of them and come home ? Or maybe fly some airplanes into some of their buildings ?

I believe the poster is referring to the initial response which went something like this:

Soldier: "Sir, der be some white dots on this here radar thingy"

General: "That's just an exercise, get back to work soldier"

Soldier: "Derp, ahh yessir. But one more ting Sir, General, Sir - two of dem cwashed into da World Twade Center and one is headed for that there Pentgogony thingamajig"

General: "Oh crap, better get Georgy-boy on the line"

***seconds later***

General: "Sir, we are under attack Sir!"

George Bush, President of the United States: ".....and the little brown fox chased the pink dog all over the rainbow......"

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I will make it easy for you.
Stewie robs a bank.
As a result of the investigation, the prosecutor brings charges against Stewie's cousin for writing a hot check and launches an all out assault on retailers that take checks.
There, now you can get back to your rocks.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Another point i want to make just so that its on the first page just encase i start getting flamed when all the log on to ATS in a few hours.

I am actually reasonably well read on matters of terrorism and 9/11, I am not ignorant of the facts however on balance I believe that the majority of 9/11 conspiracy theorist are just that, theories, they are not fact’s and as such I do not subscribe to many of them.

In this thread i have not bothered getting to technical or into any specific details and I would like to stick to the theme of this thread that 9/11 conspiracies are a excuse for Americas weakness rather than descend into pages of comments about how i am either ignorant or part of the NWO.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Than you didn't heard this theory.This is just a interview who will get you in some pieces of the picture,if you interested i will provide you with all links and big picture.9/11 is far much bigger than we all think.

www.corbettreport.com...
edit on 17-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
I believe that the majority of 9/11 conspiracy theorist are just that, theories, they are not fact’s and as such I do not subscribe to many of them.

Just as you should not subscribe to the official conspiracy as well, with your logic. Trusters like you take the NIST report as face-value, yet you probably never even read it. The very beginning of which says that their report cannot be taken as factual, nor be used as evidence in a court of law.

NIST used guesses, theories, and made-up computer simulations to come up with their report. Therefore, it's their theory that the towers came down from minor damage of the plane impacts and resulting fire. It's also their theory that WTC 7 came down, solely and completely due to fire, for the first and only time in history. Something that only controlled demolitions have accomplished in the past. Nothing on the official conspiracy side has been proven beyond theory.

Just wanted to make sure that was clear as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join