It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newest issue of Smithsonian's Air and Space magazine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
A quick search didn't come up with anything about this, so I figured I'd post it for anyone interested. I just received the September issue of the magazine, and was somewhat surprised to see that almost every single article is UFOs, odd crashes and disappearances, and Area 51. I've had the subscription for around 4 years, and this is the first I've ever seen something of this nature from them. Not trying to read anything into it, but it seems rather odd to me as in the past it's usually made up of rather, how do I put it... mainstream content.

www.airspacemag.com...

I haven't had a chance to read through it much yet, but if there's anything of substance I'll be sure to update this thread.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Very interesting, is that issue out now? I'd love to grab a copy. I'm sure it's not going to tell us (ATS'ers) anything more than we already know, but it'd be fun to read it in a magazine.

thanks for the post, btw any other interesting finds in that mag over the years you've been reading it?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Praxilla

Yeah it's out now, I got it in the mail a couple days ago. This is the first I've seen things of this nature in the magazine, which is why I thought to mention it on here.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Just a quick note without having looked at the mag. I think that UFOs, aliens and such have become very popular in the last few years. People are interested, and most mags, television, and movies are simply giving the people what they want. It boosts subscriptions. Look at the movies that have come out in the last year. Talk about finding Earth like planets. I know that some are going to say that it is more "disclosure', and possibly it is. But I think that it is about making money, and UFOs, the paranormal, and such are what is making money lately.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

True, but I honestly never expected a magazine from Smithsonian that's never even mentioned UFOs or the like in the 4 years I've read it to suddenly put out an issue like this. As I said before, I'm trying not to read into it too much, but it still strikes me as odd.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
4 years?....that's impressive.

I've never read Smithsonian's Air and Space, but i canceled my own subscription to Smithsonian magazine after the first 12 months. There were a few facts and articles here and there, coupled with the editor and journalists' (If you can call them that) bullheaded, "I'm part of the Smithsonian Institute" opinions and snide comments.

For Christmas last year, my son bought me the Smithsonian's Guide to the Galaxy (or something to that effect), and it was even worse than the magazine. Shady facts overshadowed by the editor and author's unsupported opinions. The chapter titled "Search for Alien Life" (or something similar) was 6 or 7 pages of the author's OWN opinions on why extraterrestrial life COULD NOT exist supported by you guessed it, MORE opinions from more unsupported sources.

If the Air and Space magazine is anything like this, i can only imagine what this month's contents hold.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Actually, there's usually very little of that. Most of the time the articles are more about historic aircraft, new aviation technology and some stories from pilots. I've never read much of anything else from Smithsonian, but from the sound of it, Air and Space is the exception

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
There is an article in there about gravitational capture and fly by anomalies experienced by space craft. Apparently the acceleration effect is maximized by a slow low angle approach into the gravity well followed by a quick steep climb out? Some researchers even feel Einstein's equations might be proven false, absolutely scandalous!

www.airspacemag.com...
edit on 16-12-2010 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join