It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the State Raise Our Children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
With so many people not wanting their children to be taught
any religious teachings.To focus on the sciences,math and
higher degrees of learning.To better prepare the children to fit
in to the growing, global community.
Should the state raise our children?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
With so many people not wanting their children to be taught
any religious teachings.To focus on the sciences,math and
higher degrees of learning.To better prepare the children to fit
in to the growing, global community.
Should the state raise our children?

Heck, I think the state already is. Parents are no longer raising their children and the kids are basically raising themselves these days. The propaganda and revisionist history is amazing within the public school system. Religion is already banned in schools. unless you believe that evolution has become a religion. IMO Id prefer wolves raising the kids rather than the state. Then again, wolves would be preferable to some of these parents out there... or the state.
Its my opinion that religion should be kept at home and not in our schools. Main reason is that I dont trust a strangers interpretations or the indoctrination of my children into a religion that I may not agree with. If we allow Christianity and all of its many conflicting flavors.. then the rest is brought in and taught. Im not ok with that. I have given my children access to learn about ALL religions. They can be educated and informed. They can make their own choices.. I just hope that they are the choices I want for them.

Im a Christian. I chose it.. doesnt mean everyone else has or should be forced to. I keep my religion out of education, my politics, and my dealings with others. Its not that hard really.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I was reading a book recently that had some history of the educational system in the US.

There was some evil stuff in there. About the Ivy League profs that wrote the most influential books of their times regarding how education should be handled. They were in bed with the corporate tycoons, like Carnegie and Rockefeller. They were creating a dumbed down populace to work for the industrialists.

BTW: The govt doesn't need to raise anybodies children, they can't even balance their checkbook.

edit on 15-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Simple answer:

NO!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The irony is that in order to compete in a global economy, you'll have to get along with lots of different people. Making it impossible to learn about religion in school, even in a social studies setting where such a thing belongs, means that there is a major facet of other peoples' lives that our kids won't know about.

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Advantage

I was reading a book recently that had some history of the educational system in the US.

There was some evil stuff in there. About the Ivy League profs that wrote the most influential books of their times regarding how education should be handled. They were in bed with the corporate tycoons, like Carnegie and Rockefeller. They were creating a dumbed down populace to work for the industrialists.

BTW: The govt doesn't need to raise anybodies children, they can't even balance their checkbook.

edit on 15-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Yes, and think of the fact that we no longer have industry or exports to speak of. Hmm.. wonder what that dumbed down populace is good for now...

link   
The time when we needed to make a stand for our education system has come and gone.

We are in an intellectual dark-age. Good luck to the young among us.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticquasar
The irony is that in order to compete in a global economy, you'll have to get along with lots of different people. Making it impossible to learn about religion in school, even in a social studies setting where such a thing belongs, means that there is a major facet of other peoples' lives that our kids won't know about.

Parents should not allow school to be the sole educational experience that children have.. of any age. It is a responsibility of the parent to educate and later of the children themselves to educate themselves. WIth the internet now there is absolutely NO excuse for children to be undereducated about world issues or religions.

We cant keep constantly look to the government to do everything for us... especially educating our own kids properly.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Not only no... But Hell No... Theyd end up even more brainwashed and soulless... Children need the love and care of responsible and loving parents. If people cant or wont take the responsibility for having children then they shouldnt have children.. Not fob them off on the state to raise..

top topics

join