It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunman Opens Fire During School Board Meeting

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

Case in point, Clay was a convicted felon and he still got one. The best part is the cops knew he had it. If cops who know a convicted felon has a gun cant get it out of his hands in from 1999 to 2010 what makes anyone think prohibition would work?

Hell, we have prohibition now and there isnt a single gang-banging felon in Boston who doesnt have a gun or 5.

If they dont come from FFL's they'll come from shady vans or get trafficked in like pot, heroin and sex slaves.

When the bans start to work on the drugs and sex slaves I'll consider one on the guns.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zeta55

Not to mention, that is one thing the USG knows, that if they tried to take our guns, they would have an all out war, that would cost many lives! ( Mostly USG, and state workers lives) They are totally outnumbered!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
reply to post by Sinnthia

I was being sarcastic. BTW, would you mind linking any info that would suggest the 2nd Amendment has any issued stipulations?

"Well regulated militia"

Let me know if there is still any confusion.
See if you can find where it specifies handguns, thanks.
edit on 16-12-2010 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The security guard who shot him indicated that he got three center mass hits before the guy went down.

I must assume that he was using a .38 or 9mm.

.45 ACP.

Because shooting twice is just silly.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I got to see Mr. jones the guy that shot Mr. Duke first time he ever had to shoot someone....

True hero hats of mr. jones

the school board members arnt heros at all

ginger i call her the purse weilding idiot not a hero either...
edit on 16-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I am not sure this has been posted before. But what he said on his Facebook page was haunting.

"My testament: Some people (the government sponsored media) will say I was evil, a monster (V) ... no ... I was just born poor in a country where the Wealthy manipulate, use, abuse, and economically enslave 95 percent of the population. Rich Republicans, Rich Democrats ... same-same ... rich ... they take turns fleecing us ... our few dollars ... pyramiding the wealth for themselves."

Looks like he just snapped, in conjunction with his mental illness. It was also said he was an experienced shooter and never wanted to really hurt anyone. Looks like from the video he was shooting just to scare them. It wasn't until someone else opened fire it seems that he really started firing back.

Sad sad story.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

the school board members arnt heros at all

I starred you but I admire the superintendent (I think) on the center of the board who was pleading with Clay that only he be held responsible and to let the rest of the board members go, knowing full well that Clay did not intend on leaving the room alive.

Lol Ginger was lucky she didn't get herself and others killed.

reply to post by DJM8507

Looks like from the video he was shooting just to scare them. It wasn't until someone else opened fire it seems that he really started firing back.

I thought that too and that's what I find very odd. If his whole plan is suicide by cop or to get someone else to shoot him then why switch from not trying to hit anyone to trying to take others down with him as soon as he is hit? Maybe fear completely took over when he realized he was being successfully shot at and about to die.

edit on 16-12-2010 by Azp420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Why can't people just get along?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

Australia, where we kill snakes with our bare bloody hands.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
His name was Clay Duke.
In death we have names.
His name was clay Duke, His name was clay Duke, His name was clay Duke, His name was clay Duke...

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Man, how the # do you miss?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Right...to..bear arms

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Right...to..bear arms

I actually asked it to be pointed out where HANDGUNS is specified in the constitution. Anyone not understanding the difference between the word handgun and the word arms, should not be allowed to have a gun.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

(a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard. (b) The classes of the militia are—
(1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
(2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.

Source

arm
noun, often attributive
a : a means (as a weapon) of offense or defense; especially : firearm

Source

We good here?

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Arms= Weapons. Bear Arms= Right to use them. The military has done more to help define the word "Arms" than anyone. The term is used frequently in the military in reference to guns; eg, pistols and rifles. Where it starts getting gray for some is in the definition to "Bear Arms". A good attorney can easily define the word "arms" in a court of law as a reference to guns of all shapes and sizes.

edit on 19-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2010 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I think you are missing the point. Arms also = nuclear warheads. My neighbor hates EVERYONE. What type of "arms" do you feel would best exemplify his rigth to bear them? BB gun? Musket? Handgun? Automatic weapon? EMP? Toxic gas? Dirty Bomb? RPGs? An entire nuclear arsenal?

I never said a handgun was not an arm. I asked where the constitution specifies handguns as the arms you have the right to bear.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Point not missed. I said Arms = weapons, that could be anything capable of causing harm. If your looking in the Constitution for a list that spells out what weapons would be considered as "Arms" it's not there. You asked where does it say handgun? Which is why I said it has already been defined by our military/gov and could be easily defined in a court of law in the US that a handgun would be considered an "Arm". Put a soldier on the stand, put a pistol and a pic of Yogi the Bear in front of him and ask him to "bear arms", he's grabbing the pistol.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Oy, I think you are starting to get on a trolly track.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

To better answer your question, if he had a dirty bomb, toxic chem bomb, warhead etc......He would be getting charged with having an "Arm" that was Federaly regulated that civilians are not allowed to posses. A handgun would not be in this category, unless, he was a felon or in violation of a city ordinance that prohibited handguns.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

As a matter of fcat, we have the right to bear any weapon. Nuclear, all the way to Poison gas, and all the way to land mines, to Assault rifles, But The good ol' US Government has passed laws that restrict certain weapons from being legal to own by the public. So no, Your neighbor cannot have a Nuclear Warhead in his basement, but he can have a Beretta legally. Use this to determine what he can and can't have:

Gun Laws by State

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join