It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gothic Classics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well I have been 3 pages back and cannot find a similar thread so here goes. After the demise of Punk and New Wave music an altogether different kind of rock music started to emerge in the UK. Like it or loathe it I think you will agree that there were some great bands and great songs, here are some of my favourites from early to mid 80's which I think, given the chance, some of our younger ATS rock fans may not be familiar with but will truly love.
Hope you teens and twenty somethings like this stuff......

As Theatrical and Loud as ever.........This is......... THE CULT

and another one of their best....

This is The Cure... A Forrest

The Cure....The Kiss

lets have yours........

Please post your favourites....

PEACE,
RK

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
S.D.C.

The King...

The Queen...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Hope

Thanks for posting,
hadn't heard SDC before.
the other 2, I remember well

PEACE,
RK

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
reply to post by Wally Hope

Thanks for posting,
hadn't heard SDC before...

No prob.

SDC's singer was Ian Astbury, who joined Billy Duffy from Theater of Hate to form The Death Cult that became The Cult. Theater of Hate became Spear of Destiny.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Once me and my husband discovered Goth we never went back .... and we're in our 50's now. It's been sometime now that we found it...one of our fav's is Type O Negative (RIP
eter Steele). When we were in our 20's (way back in the 80's) we were pretty well isolated from the newer sounds then such as Punk, Metal, and what would become Goth, because of our location. These genres came out of urban areas like London, New York, and finally L.A. Took us awhile but we found it!! LOL! Now our new fav is Cradle of Filth. Salute to the pioneers like the Cult and Souxie! Thanks for the thread and thanx for sharing! Starred and flagged!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Loved Siouxsie since back in the day, seen them live a few times.

The Cult were an awesome band and saw them in '89 and they were brilliant, they played 'Rain', 'Revolution' then 'She Sell's Sanctuary' back to back, a truly spine chilling and hair raising experience.

Another quality band and quality song;

...Dance the ghost with me!

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
MissVicky,
Nice to meet a true goth on here, I am glad you and your man got so much pleasure from the movement. Maybe you can embed one of your favourites for us all to enjoy

I loved Spear and that SOM track brought great memories flooding back..... Sadly I never saw either live

I am surprised nobody commented on The Kiss as I remember buying the album back in the day and rushing home to play it and when I heard it and kranked it up, I thought WTF is this??.... If ever there was a tune that left me speechless, "The Kiss" was it..... Never saw them live either... What was I thinking of??
(note to self: less fishing... more gigs)

Anyone remember this?

Originally posted by Freeborn

Re SOM...

Another quality band and quality song;

With language like that you've gotta be FRONTLINE

PEACE,
RK

edit on 17-12-2010 by Rigel Kent because: to admit to fishing when I should have been travelling the country going to cool gigs

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
i only listen to some bands which just have some gothic elements.

this album is generally considered a classic

posted on Dec, 23 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I was wondering when there was going to be a goth music thread. *drag of cig* And I'm glad to see people in here posting actual goth songs, instead of that crap people think is goth now..*tosses hair*...but anyway thought I would add to the mix (life is pain)..

ooooowh I'm sooo goffick

new topics

top topics

join