It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dream about a pet monkey?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Okay the dream is getting a little fuzzy now, but basically last night I had a dream about having a pet monkey. He wasnt trained, I'd just got him. He looked like one of these little guys, except he changed from white and black to later white and grey and finally by the end of the dream he was completely white:

He was just hanging around climbing over things, I thought he was so cool...I didn't have a name for him, and the name I kept calling him kept changing throughout the dream. Finally someone at my house mentioned not being potty trained (I kept trying to get him to sit like a dog but he wouldn't), so I decided to take him outside on a leash.

I had 2 choices, they were both regular leashes (not the ones that get longer), and both were a turquoise or light bluish green in colour. One was a woven cloth type leash and the other was a pvc plastic. I chose the cloth one. But then we went outside and the monkey started freaking out and getting red eyes! he was trying to attack me I used the leash to keep him away. Then he would calm down and his eyes would become normal again..that happened a few times.

By the time he was all white, at the end of the dream, he finally peed but he peed all over himself (which made him slightly yellow on his belly) so I was going to go give him a bath. Thats when I woke up.

No idea if that means anything, but I never dream about monkeys! I think that is the first time ever in my life I've had a dream about a monkey. What are your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
dreammoods.com

Monkey
To see a monkey in your dream, symbolizes deceit, insight and intuition. Those around you are working to advance their own interest. Alternatively, monkeys indicate an immature attitude, a playful nature and the mischievous side of your personality.�

To see a monkey hanging or swinging from a tree, suggests that you are feeling troubled by some issue.

To dream that you are feeding a monkey, means betrayal by someone whom you thought cared about your interests.

Also consider the significance of the Three Mystic Monkeys who cover their eyes, ears and mouth to mean that they see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil. �

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Now that is odd indeed,

You do realise what day it is today?

It's Monkey Day!
Monkey Day
edit on 14-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's monkey day today.

Happy monkey day.
www.monkeyday.com...

Nice bit of syncronisity for you

edit on 14/12/2010 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
is it seriously monkey day? lol! interesting! I will check out those links...

as for the first reply, yeah I can see a couple of those things maybe. The last entire year or so for me has been very interesting and very synchronistic on the whole. I have some adventures ahead of me and some things going on which have implications in relation to the coming conciousness shift many are talking about.

hmmm...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavialune

There was a thread in the off topic forum on Monkey day, maybe your subconscious absorbed the information and then decided to present it to you later in the form of a dream just to keep you up to date with what it had been learning while you weren't watching

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
to be honest I dont ever really visit the off topic forum. I dont think I saw it...the only thing I can think of is the fact I saw a photo of Buster Keaton in the Cameraman where he has that little monkey hanging off him (I'm a huge keaton fan btw). Thats the only thing I can think of but that was days ago?

I didnt know monkey day existed! but yeah even so, the stuff inside the dreams got to mean something or other? I mean the monkey did try to attack me with glowing red eyes several times! scary!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I believe that, in honor of your monkey dream, you should take off all your clothes and run naked through the streets screaming, "Touch my monkey!!!! TOUCH MY MONKEY!!!"

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xavialune
What are your thoughts?

Hmm, my thoughts? Well after puzzling over the symbolism of your dream for a while, I decided to look at your blog thingy in your signature.

It led me on such a merry dance across the internet, visiting some very niche interest sites, that I felt obliged to erase my browsing history! It was all good stuff though

Anyway, my conclusion is that you simply had a dream about a normal day at the office. The monkey is symbolic of your fear of a pet who resists your control - who turns around to bite their mistress.

Do you reckon there could be anything to that explanation?

new topics

top topics

join