It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Then explain WW1...That was started with an FN mod. 1910 pistol cal. .380.

Interesting how things work out.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I'm Canadian and I think the Constitution is a well written peice of paper and you should be proud of it. As i have posted earlier in this.In Canada we have the charter of rights and freedoms act it's not as transparent as you're constitution.You as Americans should be proud of the constitution and I would defend it With guns if I were American!!!
P.S. Id also defend the charter of rights and freedoms act as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thecinic

Then why you spending money on police , arm the population to the teeth and rip up the police and save the money (last i know Police is to pursue criminals
)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

That was a false flag and you know it ,let's not derail the thread

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by thecinic

Then why you spending money on police , arm the population to the teeth and rip up the police and save the money (last i know Police is to pursue criminals
)

so i can spend time on ATS and not chase retards around all day...DUUUUH

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Well, police don't really prevent crime. I posit that we pay police to investigate crime.

There's no way for the police to respond on time. When they do show up they come with cameras and bags.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
In Canada we are not intentionally allowed to carry a weapon to defend you're self , but you are allowed to use what ever you have on you to defend you're self like a shoe,baseball bat if you're going to a game or you're bringing a bat you borrowed back.Or you're a carpenter on you're way home from work and you are assaulted and you use you're hammer to defend yourself. I wish we had the right to bare arms. We do have guns here and we have recently abolished the long gun registry .Hand guns are restricted here.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I can clarify once again my thoughts

Americans do have right to bye guns
I dont want to rip 2nd amendment
Americans with no criminal dosie and above some decent age have right to have a gun in their homes

I dont want my child in early childhood to see any kind of guns and they will not.
I dont want to see people with guns in public places ,theatres,hospitals,schools,cinemas,bars,etc etc
I dont want to drink a beer in a bar knowing that majority there have guns under their coat .
I dont see necesary americans to be armed to teeth in their homes .
Better enviroment in society will be surely be enviroment without guns and that is clear in many countries across the world .

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

In Nevada, with exception of Clark County(Las Vegas) there is no registration of any firearms. We have the right to open carry pistols and long arms, and to carry concealed pistols(With permit-clark county requires a "blue card" as well which is your pistol registration card). You must be 18 to purchase a rifle or shotgun and 21 to purchase a pistol or revolver of any kind. You must pass a back ground check. You must provide proof of residency and proof of citizenship or a "green card" permanent resident card. No drug offenses, of no violent offenses, and no mental sickness, and you have a gun. In Nevada you can sell your weapons privately, provided you observe the law in terms of verifying residency(provide ID to the seller), and if the seller requests it, a background check.

Automatics are still regulated federally and thus you must deal with the feds to obtain select fire or full auto weapons. Other than that Nevada is very friendly to gun owners over all.

just don't commit a crime with a gun here...It's not the wild west, even if we like the image of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

Good to know. I was under the impression that you could not even have long guns.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazrmau5

for your information he is a resident of europe. go figure

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Yes there is a need, but even if there isn't a current need, there is an impending need due to the nature of humanity. You can't trust the government to solely have control over arms, that is the sole reason for the second amendment, actually it could be argued our founding fathers never intended there to be a standing army with arms at all, all of our armed forces were supposed to own their own guns and have control over their own arms.

There is a need for the populace to be armed in order to keep those we choose to represent us in our government in check.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mike184ever

Other then the marines I beleive if pushed to a point our soldiers would stand against our government. I honestly do not believe our soldiers would rise against their families.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

those who choose you to represent you are lying ,robbing,killing you every day already

edit on 16-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I dont want my child in early childhood to see any kind of guns and they will not.

Yea, because sheltering children from something surely wont make them curious about it right?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yes, but there is backlash now where once there wasn't any.

This can be explained here:

hen in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States.

In other words, people will put up with a lot of crap before snapping and saying "enough is enough!" Why? because it is difficult to alter or abolish the very system to which you are accustomed.
edit on 16-12-2010 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I can clarify once again my thoughts

Americans do have right to bye guns
I dont want to rip 2nd amendment...
I dont want my child in early childhood to see any kind of guns and they will not....
I dont want to drink a beer in a bar knowing that majority there have guns under their coat .
I dont see necesary americans to be armed to teeth in their homes ...

xavi1000,

I'd rather have children around guns that beer my friend, but to each his own. The OP of this thread does not share your enthusiasm about the 2nd amendment, hence the thread, I don't know why you constantly keep restating your personal views, everyone is well aware of them by now, we are aiming our remarks mainly at the original poster of this thread. Americans are armed in our homes because there are such things as home invaders, your home is where your family lives, hence the firepower to defend it is found there, what part of that don't you understand?!
edit on 16-12-2010 by bigrex because: clarification on whom comments are addressed to

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

They are trying to start ww3? LOL. Civil war more likely...I stated this in a earlier page, with the OP he appears more to be a government person. Know Im thinking xavier is with him. They are mirroring each other. What I am getting out of them is this. They are realizing what level of arms america has. The level of "will" we carry within. The depth we will go to to keep our freedoms. Perhaps more to the level uprise the citizen bring us to the streets, disarm the citizen, get my dref?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The reason why Americans feel strongly about the right to bear arms resides with a very simple issue - freedom to have one. Simple. Freedom. To press the issue beyond that gets into point/counterpoint technical details ad infinitum.

Freedom - simple - open ended. To argue against freedom - argues in favor of restriction. When does that stop? How many laws do you need before you feel safer? 1,000 more - 50,000 more - 50 or 60 million more?

It also boils down very simply to whether you believe that some other human is more qualified than you to assess and respond to a situation "much later" than you are to respond to it "now". Either way you slice that, inability to accept responsibility for your own decisions and to willingly give up that which is naturally yours must apply to a seriously low self-esteem.

This, unfortunately, ties into the whole idea of Euthanasia - that the state makes it illegal to commit suicide. Anyone telling you that you absolutely must endure years of pain while reducing your family's well-being - deserves a nuke across the forehead... but, hey, just my own personal opinion there.

Stretching the point here as to demonstrate that once you start restricting freedoms - there is no stopping. Indeed, the whole purpose of a law maker is to make laws... how many actually get rescinded?

Guns are good for when the government ceases its ability to function effectively. Well... I suppose, we will just keep that at "ability to function at all" ...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Ok...I've tried to restrain myself from saying anything in thread...But here goes,

Can we PLEASE show each other more respect than has been demonstrated thus far?
I'm trying my hardest not to alert every rude post I see, because I assume the wisdom of the crowd
will fix it...But if this post is ignored, I don't care if you do or don't agree with my positions, I'll be referring posts for removal. I have a duty to the T & C folks, just remember that.

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join