It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minn Metrodome Collapse...What's going across the sideline?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Dangit, I keep watching over and over and I am not seeing what you are talking about! Is it on the back or front side of the field? Near the goalposts? Give me a clue please.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
no, no....they knew it was leaking snow the night before and personnel are always taking care of a facility
it's people in their cart...they were over by the bulge and hid in the doorway as it came down

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It moves all along the far side line , from left to right
. After watching this over and over in high deff It looks like a cart with 2 people in it , but dang its moving fast.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I honestly believe it is just a person pushing a cart across the field. I believe the video is accelerated to show the "collapse" in a short clip, then slowed down to real time when the snow crashed through.

This would explain it's speed. He's actually just having a brisk walk across the field, pushing a trash can or gear bag perhaps. He wouldn't be running or scared because it's quite possible he didn't know, as the "snow leaking" through the roof at the beginning is not snow, it's water. I'm sure that's not an uncommon occurrence. The total collapse happens when he is off the field.

He walks end-to-end with the cart as it is slowly collapsing.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Its kind of sad how many people on ats must not watch football and love to try and make something out of nothing. They use those carts for almost everything. Its not a horse or aliens or a ghost.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
What it looks like to me is that Minnesota is not allowed to build anything anymore. First our bridge and now the stadium. What's next? Imagine if this was at game time.

Incidentally they have been re-building every bridge in Minnesota since the 35 collapse.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I want it to be the camera on the pulley rig, but why would it be moving that way when the roof is collapsing? Those camera's move because of motorized pulley systems. If it was moving from the collapse, wouldn't it just fall down and hit the ground and stop?

Strange indeed.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It almost looks like some kind of tarp/sheet being blown to me.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gumerk
Another view in this video. I am failing to embed it, but it gives an even clearer and longer view of the image

msn.foxsports.com...

This video loaded slower with stops and this allowed me to see more clearly what the moving object is. It is definitely two riders on two horses. I think it is intended to send a message:

The reason so many people think it looks "box-like" is because of the drape on the horses

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Gumerk

After watching it on full screen from the link in Gumerk's post above I feel that it is definitely a golf cart style vehicle getting the hell out of there as quickly as possible.

Vehicles like golf carts are used by NFL teams as medical carts

I am trying to find out how fast these carts can go and will update if I can

edit -

The gear sets available on the market alters the gear ratio in the cart’s transaxle from around 12.5:1 down to 8:1. On most cars with stock tires, motor, and controller, it will increase the top speed from approximately 12-13 mph, up to about 20-21 mph.

Source

The object in the vid moves from about the 30 yard on the left to about the 15 yard on the right = 55 yards.

The object travels the aprox 55 yards in aprox 5 secs

55 yard is 5 sec = 22 m/hour ...

So that fits in with the speed capable from an upgraded golf cart ... and I think that if the roof is falling on your head then those guys in that cart were putting the pedal to the metal

My conclusion - Golf Cart
edit on 13/12/10 by Horza because: added info

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I from minnesota and this is the first i heard of this. Another dissaster. Well, i guess we'll be looking for a new stadium again, so us taxpayers can pay for. GEE, GREAT. The ecomomy is already in shambles. Happy , happy, joy, joy.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
So why does the news say there was nobody inside of the stadium when there quite obviously was?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

That is amazing i have watched this video multiple times and never noticed it till now! Amazing. I wonder if it was a ghost? It seems to appear out of the sideline bench area! And definatley running faster than a human!! Seems large too.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nventual

As someone else mentioned, they meant it to mean that there wasn't a huge crowd/event going on at the time. They don't mean to say that there wasn't an engineer or 2 in there though.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Find the HD version of this, it helps. I strongly thought it was a horse, not a cart, and not something blowing - because by watching it closely enough you can literally see legs moving. Watch it on repeat, put your little clicker over the red bar on the video, and replay it over and over. I can't believe that some of you don't see the obvious legs in motion.

If it is a cart, then someone is behind it pulling a Fred Flinstone. But look for the legs, and report back when you finally see them.

I still don't know what it is. But it appears to be very fast moving, and on legs.
edit on 13-12-2010 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I'm not a big believer in the paranormal, but for those saying that's a golf cart, I have to disagree.

There's no way this object was a golf cart. It's moving too fast. It moves from about the 30 yard line on one end to the 10 yard line on the other end in the span of time it is visible. That's 180 feet in four seconds; which is 2,700 feet per minute; which is 162,000 feet per hour...

In other words, roughly 30.68 miles per hour.

Golf carts don't go that fast! Golf carts aren't black! Golf carts' visibility don't fade in and out!

I don't know what this thing was, and I am not going to pretend to know. But I know enough to know it wasn't a golf cart. There is just no way.

Here is a link to the video on the NFL's official website for those that think this video is doctored: www.nfl.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

maintenance people perhaps?...i mean surely someone has to be there such as security or something...who switches the lights off etc?.....

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

the question is...why would a golf cart be anywhere other than on a golf course lol??

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

nah ...im sorry but if i was in a building where the roof was collapsing, i wouldnt be jumping in a cart, switching it on and driving out there, id be running as fast as my feet could take me!

CX

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Interesting, it looks like it jumps out of the advertising billboard, jumps to the sideline in a "glitch" type move then runs up the field.

Thanks for the vid.

CX.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join