It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy of 12 hauled out of class by police over David Cameron Facebook protest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Boy of 12 hauled out of class by police over David Cameron Facebook protest

www.mirror.co.uk

A schoolboy trying to save his youth club was hauled from class after his plan to protest outside David Cameron's constituency office was spotted - by anti-terror police.

In an astonishing over-reaction, 12-year-old Nicky Wishart was warned he faced ARREST.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Guardian covering the same story : Schoolboy warned by police over picket plan at David Cameron's office
Allvoices : UK student protests: 12 year old boy interviewed by police
edit on 12-12-2010 by whatisanameanyway because: linkage

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Things certainly seem to be going from bad to worse in the UK.

Aside from the overhanded reactions to the "student protests" in London, it seems to have degenerated to intimidating young children.

Because this youngster was using facebook to try to organise a protest the anti-terror police were called in. Insanity.

www.mirror.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Our country would benefit from a large wanker seeking atom bomb. We are a #ing sad lot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not me!!!! or my friends!!!!!!!! obviously) but OMG if your middle aged IE.. 36 or over and a total looser ie, FOR the tuition fee rise then F U Wkers!! U KNOW NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Why raising tuition fees in the uk is bad!

Lending more money to students isnt going to work economically, why?

At the moment we lend students around 10 000 to 16 000 pounds to go to uni but thats going to go up to a possible 40 000 pounds.
What does that mean?

Yesterday I was talking to a friend of mine that just finished his degree (a year ago) ; he is very against the tuition fees going up for
the next generation.
However he did say: "I dont mind paying mine back for the rest of my life 'cos uni was the best days of my life,
and Ill always remember them'.

This friend is working for a chain supermarket and moving up the ranks quite well, something that he clearly could have done
without a degree: and we actually know this, for a fact!! Because his friend that lives up north started working at the same
supermarket after his A levels (at 18) with no degree and is already one step further up the chain of command than my friend
who worked there during his degree part time and for nearly a year since.

What am I getting at? When young people are told to go to uni because 'they need to'; 'to be able to earn more' but are
then given loans to do so, their reaction is like my friends' (most of them actually): to go wild; party hard, not go to uni
(ie skive off) drink, binge drink, smoke weed, and take harder drugs.

In other words: 'If im going to be paying for this for the rest of my life then Im going to have a bloody good time while
Im here'.

Unfortunately skiving, taking drugs and having fun at raves doesn't always lend towards good graduation results!!
Instead, what you do find, is people quitting at the end of their first year, and then maybe trying again a
year later (thats 2 loans: at the moment 6000 pounds in the near future up to a staggering 18000)

If you are shouting NO this would never happen! then let me tell you: I have a friend who is 28
and has failed the first year 3 times! He has a large amount of debt and is currently unemployed, because he loved dj'ing
drum and bass and partying a bit too much. When he was young he was a member of mensa with a huge IQ, he had a great
upbringing and really should have been the type of young person to succeed in his choice of engineering.
Unfortunately everytime he went back to uni the loan came and the partying started.

If, I knew a number!!!! Of people who did this; in my small friendship group. How many must be doing this country wide??

OK so I hear you say: his fault, he was lazy: so to hell with him and the rest of them. Hmmmm, Ok, but what about his debt?
hes not planning to get a job in a hurry: hes become so depressed and apathetic because hes got lots of debt but no degree,
and as a result hes most likely not going to pay his back, specially as its going up exponentially while he doesnt pay it,
and hes a smoker and so likely to die young having not payed it all [or any] off):
hes alread nearly 30 and he hasnt had many jobs! Really not many!! So whats going to change?

Maybe he will turn it all around and get an NVQ2 and get a reasonable job as a trades man (something he should have perhaps
been encouraged to do in the first place) and start paying it back: and maybe he'll live to be 90 and the cancer won't come
who knows? heres hoping.

So what of students that do less classic subjects like drama, film, surf science, etc etc etc (there are so many).

By raising the amount of 18 year old school leavers that wanted and could get a place at uni to near 50% during their time
in power New Labour basked in the s**tshine of their success saying wow look what weve done everyones getting a higher
education even the lower middle classes. WOW. WELL DONE. Now the job market in the UK is saturated with graduates
with Desmonds (2:2's) in senseless degrees who cant get a gradute job and end up working their way up in a job they could
have got without a degree. like my first friend I mentioned.

So, if a large amount of graduates are coming out of uni in almost exactly the same position that they went in, only with
huge amounts of debt this clearly shows that labour got it WRONG.

solution: raise tuition fees?
Why raise tuition fees?

In some ways the only choice the conservatives have got is to put tuition fees up.

WHY?
To PUT YOUNG British people OFF going to uni, YES; That is what this is really about.
Half the population of 6th form leavers dont need a degree and the education system is wrong to tell them that they do.

Put fees up and put kiddies off going to uni, force them to look for different life avenues. OK then...

Shouldn't they be doing this through education????
Isnt the first 18 years of your life long enough for your teachers and parents to spend the time and care getting to know you
in order to be able to advise you well on your choices?

Labour just vomited out the idea that we should PUSH PUSH PUSH our kids in to UNI: for what??
Shouldn't the government work harder at helping industry and business to raise the amounts of apprentiships available
to record levels?

Shouldn't governments work on changing our schools to better raise, inform and prepare young people to make wise choices
when they are 16 and 18 instead of encouraging teachers to throw a UCAS form at them, while they passionately day dream of
a nice bottle of Rioja from the supermarket that the same poor kid will end up in when he gets his worthless degree
(after a high education spent getting high: no doubt, because they've got to make the bloody most of it for that money
dont they?!).

Now the conservatives are slyly forcing a coalition government (of which half of the parties (libdem) were (apparently)
completely against) in to raise tuition fees to unprecedented levels in order to fix the problem: in a (I must add) very
naughty and underhand, sly dog, kind of way.

And what does it actually mean?
Well there arent many apprentiships to go round cos there hasn't been a drive to create more 'different' opportunities,
and because of the lapse immigration laws (well done again labour) the dysenfranchised youth who decide not to go to uni cos
they dont think they'll be able to handle the debt, also find themselfes in a competitive job market in which the 'lesser'
more 'meager' jobs ares still hard to get!!! And the mediumly rubbish jobs are all being taken up by the saturation of
graduates with crazy 2:2's that dont know how to, or even want to use their degrees to try and get good jobs.

So when young people cant afford houses or to start families, when the middle class graduates spend longer working boring
jobs to pay off debts they shouldnt have bothered getting: You'll find that the population of Britain will get OLDER.
If the young dont have houses or families they wont create more young, and our population will age.
Pensions? No way!! who is going to pay for them. Young people are OUR COUNTRIES future, if our young arent educated
and pampered a little, given a good start in life then the nimber of them that succeeds in life goes DOWN.
When the amount of young people leading successful lives goes down and our population ages: shtf.

When we lend more and more money to apathetic youngsters who come out with partied degrees: REMEMBER: that money had to come
from somewhere!! When these young people dont get a job and go on benefits, or get jobs below the pay back bracket and dont
pay back their loans: shtf. We already have a deficit in the uk, this can only serve to make it bigger.

Mistakes are being made in the UK, the kids know it (instinctingly) Not all the Adults do.

Hope you made it through. thanks for reading.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Lagrimas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You know, I'd be angry because of how big a waste of my tax dollars this would be had it occurred in my country. I mean, honestly, sending in anti-terror police over a 12 year old trying to form a protest group on Facebook.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I urge everyone to post this on there own facebook accounts.

If nothing else will wake people up, this might.

The thing that hurts the worst here is that these power hungry police, are either to brain washed or enjoy taking the our GOD given Freedoms.

I so wish I was in England right now. I myself would be protesting this, and would so enjoy it, no matter what they did to me.

WAKE UP!

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This 12 year old needs to calm down...

Seems like a set up someone put this 12 year old up to this.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lagrimas
Our country would benefit from a large wanker seeking atom bomb.

YEEEEESSSS!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d723d7b7f454.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I'd be very wary of this report; the Daily Mirror is the left-wing version of the Daily Mail, with a touch of the Sun thrown in as well.

ie. It's an agenda driven tabloid, who don't always print 'news' with the intention of reporting the truth of the story...

I'd have to see this story reported by a reputable source before I take this seriously.

EDIT TO ADD:

LOL.

I've just seen that since my post, you've updated your OP to provide other - more reputable - sources for this story.

My apologies.

edit on 12-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Easier to arrest a 12 year old than for them to go after the real terrorists in d.c , whitehall and #10 downing street.. Bully to him having the courage to stand up to the corrupt bastards.. Good show lad remember what churchill said.. Never give up.. Never surrender..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
remember remember the fifth of November . where is V or the new guy fawke i ask you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by proteus33
remember remember the fifth of November . where is V or the new guy fawke i ask you.

sitting on the shelf in venezula cause his story is violent and subversive.
that's where.

get an education. a real one.
edit on 12-12-2010 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This sounds to me as if it's just a case of a jobsworth police officer who lacks common sense.

As much as some fantasists may like to believe, the UK is not a police state, and incidents like this are more comical than menacing.

Although, I dislike the police officer's supposed comment: ''Mr Cameron's armed guards will also be there, so just in case...''.

This was clearly an idle threat that was purely intended to frighten a 12-year-old boy and his friends. Poor show.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by whatisanameanyway

They are going bad to worse in the US and the UK. People who care about liberty should hold a protest on this lad's behalf next week.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I have heard that a few have stop using a FaceBook because of things like this but it will not be enough to matter. You have to watch what you say in an email now days. Few people understand just how bad it is and it is going to get. No one wants to think that this can happen but it does all the time.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The only surprising thing here is the numbers of people who support the government when it squashes freedom to protest.

Why are people so keen to bring in a dictatorship?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Disgusting.
Scary even.

I *hope* the fact that a bullying cretin from the 'terrorist' squad, encourages 20X the original number of protesters..perhaps then they'll realise that the British spirit is alive and well, and we *do not* take kindly to bullies and cretins in uniforms intimidating our children.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

It's not just emails, it's also landlines and mobile phones too.

Echelon has been operational for years now, and can read every email, blog, and online post in the country.
It can intercept and listen to every telephone call, land and mobile, and has a list of 'trigger' words or phrases that will escalate scrutiny, and flag a communication as potentially threatening.

This has been going on for years.

It's successors most be orders of magnitude more sophisticated by now, and probably handle monitoring of face to face verbal communications too, via CCTV cameras and mics.

There's probably a lot more besides.

For example, if i write the words 'bomb'...'protest', this post will immediately be flagged as suspect, and passed to a human to interpret it's security significance (cooeee human person, busy day?)

Be careful what you write and say folks..big brother really IS watching...and listening, very closely.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatisanameanyway

Aside from the overhanded reactions to the "student protests" in London

You're having a laugh aren't you? Yes I have no doubt there were some individual over the top reactions from police - by all means lets prosecute those responsible. But there is plenty of footage showing just what a terrifying situation officers were facing. But I'm glad you put 'student protests' in quotes. These demos are attracting the usual rent a mob crowd. Shame for the majority of decent, genuine students really. Plus it is going to lose them sympathy from the public. Just listening to a radio phone in now. Most callers want the police to take a heavier line and use water cannon. Note - like they do in so many other countries.
If this happens, a minority bunch of scum bags are going to derail this country's relatively mild reaction to street protest. Well done to them.
edit on 13-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Seems to me that it's about time for the citizens of Briton to tell the cops to # off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join