It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

something strange happend to me after that i couldnt lucid dream anymore

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
ive been a casual lucid dreamer since i was little but lately i couldn't seem to do it anymore first time after all these years im 23 years old now..after thinking about it last time i had it was almost a year ago. it all started months before that i keep hearing loud buzzing noise sometimes it sounds like a computer ticking/counting whatever that means. sometimes it gets so weird i get goosebumps when i hear it. im scared to even think bout what it is.

then one night i heard it again this time while i was sleeping but its was different its a white noise and really aggressive it was so loud it felt like my ears were bleeding. then i felt something on my chest next thing i know my whole body was being electrocuted im lying in my bed but my surrounding looks like a mess and a mixture of clouds everywhere. the shock was so intense it kept going for hours so did the noise. then i had a semi dream of me wandering around colors and buildings at one point i dropped down on my knees with my hands covering my ears and screaming in pain well it really did hurt.

i dont quite remember how i woke up except this thought and feeling that i discovered something i wasnt supposed to. i dont even know what the hell it is but that how i felt. as time goes my my curiosity grows. now my dreams are uninteresting and so dull and stupid i hate it! i couldnt do it anymore. my dreams used to be exploring different worlds and dimensions while fully aware.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

I'm not sure what you mean by:

Originally posted by aqlpskwo
i dont quite remember how i woke up except this thought and feeling that i discovered something i wasnt supposed to.

But I know that it's said that it's not rare for our Inner Being to "punish" us by temporarily "grounding" us from certain Inner-faculties for a period of time.

This free online course might help to answer all of your questions:

Astral Projection

And see also:

Dream Yoga

edit on 12-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edit

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I was tripping on Sally and saw things we probably arent meant to "know" in any real way, although we philosophise these things and can sort of talk about them with no real problems actual experience of these things is something differant alltogether. Often compounded by other realisations we get in Shamanic realms and the overall feeling of "the real world is a dream".

This broke my ability to astral travel and lucid dream it seems,

Maybe lack of respect for the agent led to this or as already highlighted, the higher self sets limits or punishes insubordination. Or maybe just subconscious fear.

It is frustrating and alarming and it might just lead to us becoming better people.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
That sounds like sleep paralysis. You may have fallen asleep on your back. I am not sure what the metaphysical connotations are, but from what I understand of the subject, which is very limited, you may have been on the verge of having an out of body experience and some kind of fear prevented you from it. I have been having some episodes of sleep paralysis lately and am trying to overcome that fear to see what the next step might be. It is supposedly characterised by a very loud noise in the ears and paralysis and in some cases a very strong sense of fear. As for no longer being able to dream lucidly, perhaps you are subconciously afraid to repeat the unpleasant experience?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
one night i had a dream that i was working in a car wash and then i woke up and i had urinated profusely in my bed.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MMPI2
i had urinated profusely in my bed.

reading that i almost urinated profusely on my sofa, thanks for the giggle.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mutantgenius
That sounds like sleep paralysis. You may have fallen asleep on your back. I am not sure what the metaphysical connotations are, but from what I understand of the subject, which is very limited, you may have been on the verge of having an out of body experience and some kind of fear prevented you from it. I have been having some episodes of sleep paralysis lately and am trying to overcome that fear to see what the next step might be. It is supposedly characterised by a very loud noise in the ears and paralysis and in some cases a very strong sense of fear. As for no longer being able to dream lucidly, perhaps you are subconciously afraid to repeat the unpleasant experience?

I'd say youre on to something there.
I used to have plenty of lucid dreams,also had sleep paralisis.It feels like something is holding you down,stoping you from moving,in my case it felt like a creature had its tail around my legs and its hands gripping my arms,you cant move.When your asleep a certain part of your brain switches off,so you dont act out your dream,sometimes you wake up, and that part of the brain is still "off" so you cant move.its quite scary sometimes,but knowing its a natural bodily process makes it easier the next time it happens.just calmy ride it out,(although I dont know why people feel, like I did, that an actual entity is holding them down.

Anyway,what happened you I reckon was you astral projected,or had an obe.same thing more or less I think,

I read about astral projection once and thought, I could do that,First let me say that I dont believe that you can astral travel to your friends house and watch his sister in the shower,or anything like that,Its not the same dimension? or even time I project to,but its definately not a dream.I digress,
anyway I didnt know much about astral projection and I am on the sceptical side of these things,but a curious #er all the same.but when I read about it I just knew I could do it.And I did.

And man is it strangeJust before you project,youre lying asleep,but your mind is awake,not active,but aware.you hear buzzing,get really hot,burning,then you feel like your whole body is vibrating,you feel like your a rocket about to take off,

its quite intense,It can get scary at this point and people back out,or wake up,but I had read to follow through on it,and Whooosh ,your sent zooming out of your body,you can walk through walls,though its not easy,like a ghost would, you can fly,and the whole time youre aware that youre body is asleep,that its in bed,yet here you are running through walls and flying around this strange enviorment,

so basicly,thats what happened I reckon.I'd say try not to wory abut it and youre dreaming will go back to normal.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
There are several reasons why this may have occurred, some others have already mentioned.

Respect and safeguards: While I wouldn't use the word punish, there are faculties that are latent that cannot be accessed unless one is in the right "space". Those are meant to be safeguards as some of these things, sometimes referred to as Siddhis are very powerful and unless the person was completely vibrationally clean, would have the effect of creating "super-villians" if you will. Someone mentioned Sally and respect. I've never done that particular substance, but some of my experiences with teacher plants, especially the hallucinogens, and especially Salvia, have really given me the smack down because I didn't approach them with the respect and state of energy that they require, But it sounds like yours was a substance free experience.

A more sinister possibility: It has always been the agenda of TPTB to keep us disconnected from our multidimensional selves (the part you access when you lucid dream, deep meditation, etc.) There are a number of ways that this is accomplished, but it could be a "jammer" of sorts that is trying to keep you shoved down in your body.

It's hard to say what it's really about. Only your intuition will provide you with the correct answer if you pay attention to it.
edit on 12-12-2010 by coyotepoet because: spelling

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
That's right, I forgot to mention what others have mentioned here, that it might not be due to any sort of "punishment", but because of fear rather:

So prayer, especially the Lord’s Prayer—there is amazing power in that prayer—or the Gayatri mantra, different prayers depending on your background. If you have a relationship with a religion, any religion, there will be a prayer in that religion that will bring you close to that sense, that feeling, of connection. And that can evaporate fear. There is great power in that.

So that would be my recommendation when fear is strong. Remember your Being. Pray. And this especially happens out of the body, in the astral plane. Fear is a huge obstacle, and the surest antidote is prayer. As soon as you feel that fear, you pray to God, “Please my Mother, my Father,”—whatever prayer you want to use, even if it is just intuitive—“be with me, guide me, help me, show me.” And when it is sincere, the fear evaporates.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Another interesting thing is that even though it is said that the ability to Meditate or Astral-Project can be temporarily "taken away" from us, due to having failed to perform the Thelema (Will) of our Being; it is also said that we can be given Internal experiences from our Being, even soon after we have made a mistake:

"To be given experiences even after a fall can also be an intervention of the Being, who tries to work through inspiration. This is meant to show that this work is possible, and to give solar faith to the disciple so that he does not regress."

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

well.. it was a strong gut feeling after waking up. while in the dream when i was wandering around buildings with strange colors around there is something a force is the best i can describe it is interrogating me where i got the "information" but i cant think strait from all the *hit happening around. i dont know what it is... it may sound crazy but there was a force.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

you could be right on some points but im not scared for it to happen again i wanna know what it was about. i do get the chills when i hear the buzzing while im awake. i dont know much about astral projection maybe ive done it before but theres always something fishy about it so i prefer to call it dream

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

whats your take on witchcraft?

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by aqlpskwo

Witchcraft

According to what is written within the above link, witchcraft is a lot more common than many would assume.

If you do suspect that you're getting attacked by witchcraft, you might want to check out a book called The Divine Science (includes three books by the author Samael Aun Weor: Logos, Mantra, Theurgy (1959), The Esoteric Treatise of Theurgy (1958), and The Seven Words (1953).). This book describes a technique for how to trap witches who attempt to enter ones bedroom, how to defend oneself against succubi and incubi, etc. There is a free online version of one of its books found here: Logos, Mantra, Theurgy.

The Conjuration of the Four, the Conjuration of the Seven, and the Invocation of Solomon are powerful for astral self-defense.

And the following free audio lectures are very helpful as well:

Defense for Spiritual Warfare

edit on 13-12-2010 by Tamahu because: edit

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here is an explanation for the reason for reciting prayers and conjurations for defending against witchcraft:

Regarding magic seals, we can ask ourselves the following question: how important is it to lock our doors at night if we live in a big city? It is essential: otherwise we leave an open invitation for thieves to enter our home.

I remember one night many years ago I was too lazy to conjure my space. As soon as I went to sleep, a witch terribly assaulted me in the astral plane, because she knew that I was not defended. Whenever I feel the ego of negligence slip up in relation with my practices, I always reflect on that event. It was truly equal to a physical mugging.

The conjurations are all effective. You have to work with those you resonate. However, we generally recommend the Conjurations of the Four, the Seven and the Invocation of Solomon, especially before any magical work (like Sexual Magic) since these are exceptionally powerful.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

and the practices to protect yourself from these is still witchcraft? i dont believe in good or bad witchcraft black or white magic i just want to stay away from it because once you get yourself involved you are cursed with all kinds of strange things and more attractive to these forces i know this from my heritage. now it gets better. i wonder who would do this to me anyway looking back my great great grandparents were..i remember something my parents used to tell stories how my greats practice witchcraft. hahaha and that flying brooms were real and that they carry small books with a picture of a pyramid with eye on it as a cover i know some would call this the Illuminati symbol. the mystery behind it amuses me and i used to draw a lot back in high school and im pretty good at it i would draw these things out of fascination.

it stops with my father i believe. he told me a story that his father(who is now dead from diabetes) carries a small book with spells on it you recite...he said he saw spells on how to attract women and stuff like that. his father told him and his brother to stay away from it and that the benefits you get from it will be later exchanged with suffering anyway my father said he threw the book on a rice field because he was really tempted and what do you know the next day the rice field died the crops withered. im sorry for sharing/ranting about it. thanks anyway for the links ill try to learn and see if what happened to me has to do with witchcraft. im gonna be depressed if i cant lucid dream its like therapy to me when i go to sleep because honestly the world is #t* and i have to take a break from it and "dream in a different world" once in a while

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What I was pointing out, is that witchcraft is the antithesis of Theurgy.

The Conjurations of Theurgy posted above, are for protecting oneself against witchcraft.

Anyhow, whether one believes in White Magic and Black Magic or not, doesn't change the fact that–when one enters into the serious study of Magic (from the word Magi, which means Priest)–we would have to choose one or the other.

Any authentic Magician, is either a Priest of the Black Lodge or a Priest of the White Lodge.

I've posted the above links to the Conjurations and Prayers; and also the Dream Yoga course, so you would have the option of utilizing the knowledge that they offer for Astral Projection and lucid dreaming.

Anyone is free to take it, leave it, or meditate upon it.

Salaam

edit on 18-12-2010 by Tamahu because: to fix a major typo

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Tamahu

that picture below your name reminds me so much of this dream i had it was so long and continuous that i still remember it. does that picture mean anything?. this dream started with me dropping in an ocean and it was dark i went to look for something i can ride on to work my way around the body of water. i found a fish looking vessel i wandered around and came across a broken down city and a group of "spy's" they kinda look like that man standing with that staff and whatnot they invited me in a secret house and when the sun rose as i was looking from their window lit up a city so beautiful..

i went out running exploring this city with huge chariots and pyramids and plazas everywhere symbols and people looking a lot like that picture. there were strange colored rocks and pillars. there was an army too they were wearing a memorable armor similar to what the samurais wear and a huge ass monument of a man with a wolf looking thing as a head.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow that's VERY interesting. Your dream that you had obviously has a lot of significant symbols.

Well I have to log off for now, although I'll try to reply to your post again later tonight, or at least within the next day or two.

edit on 18-12-2010 by Tamahu because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh and for right now, here's a post you might find helpful:

Tarot and Dreams

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join