It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA sets up honeypot WikiLeaks mirror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
InfoWars.com

On Friday, BoingBoing reported on the CIA hosting a server that has the Wikileaks cables.

“Looks like the CIA created a ‘honeypot’ wikileaks mirror at wikileaks.psytek.net, presumably to see who is downloading the leaks – but they screwed up the anonymization,” writes Xeni Jardin. “A quick Google reveals who’s behind psytek.net. Wonder what other mirrors they set up, but with better cloaking?”

Full Article

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlexIR
InfoWars.com

On Friday, BoingBoing reported on the CIA hosting a server that has the Wikileaks cables.

“Looks like the CIA created a ‘honeypot’ wikileaks mirror at wikileaks.psytek.net, presumably to see who is downloading the leaks – but they screwed up the anonymization,” writes Xeni Jardin. “A quick Google reveals who’s behind psytek.net. Wonder what other mirrors they set up, but with better cloaking?”

Full Article

Let them set up as many honeypots as they want. CIA can kiss my lower anatomy, if you get my drift.

"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
what like maybe www.abovetopsecret.com ??????????????

stranger things have happened..............................................

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
"People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people"

Best quote ever, but do you know who said it? (not V from the movie)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

edit on 12/12/2010 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.

Thomas Jefferson

That's why I love this site. Do you know how many people are ignorant of such quotes, and how many more don't see the importance?

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Anyway of telling when they made the mirror site? If it was recently then I find it a little late in the game. Unless they are getting ready for the next cable releases.

I see two possibilities:

The CIA is behind Wikileaks and this is a psyops project or

The next cables are going to be some of the most damning and they want to know who's got what.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Thomas Jefferson

That's why I love this site. Do you know how many people are ignorant of such quotes, and how many more don't see the importance?

google is an easy tool to use

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I posted a thread on this yesterday. It has since been debunked.
2nd

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I posted a thread on this yesterday. It has since been debunked.
2nd

What tha ... ? o.O

Whats to debunk? ... Its not like someone posted a picture of a light in the sky and asked if it was a ufo and after 1 day to discover it was a plane.

This means we all have to check every link/mirror to wikileaks before we use it ... (ok not me because i am far away from CIA or TSA or NSA but for the other guys that live in the US and CANADA)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

I don't see the point..
Doesn't echelon already track all internet traffic?
There's no need to set up their own site when they can simply monitor others..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexIR

I don't really get your analogy? Couldn't you debunk a UFO in one day?
Here see for yourself: abovetopsecret.com...

www.boingboing.net...
breakingthecalm.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Well the theory was that if they set up their own they could monitor visitors, and/or get the information as it was posted at their own source for quicker access.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by backinblack

Well the theory was that if they set up their own they could monitor visitors, and/or get the information as it was posted at their own source for quicker access.

Well many are saying Wikileaks was a CIA setup from the start..
If that was the case they wouldn't need a mirror..

Ahhh, the Wiki bashers just twist everything whether it makes sense or not..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Well would you think that CIA would release all the documents on purpose just to spit on their image?...
Guess not so we can say that WikiLeaks is not CIA.

Oh and by setting up your own mirror you can acces fare more data than monitoring others.

top topics

join