It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bands That Made You Love Music!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Led Zeppelin, Foreigner, Def Leppard, Billy Squier.....THE BEATLES.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

LOVIN IT!!!

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's funny how youth can be re-experienced by the music of the time. I can listen to Lew Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac, Billy Squier and be transported to my skateboard in the seventies-eighties.

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Love your list!

Mine: Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Allman Brothers Band, anything-Clapton, thanks to my sister who's 12 years older....

Whoop arse...whipping post...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

You should check more Eddie Rabbit out. Also check out The Oak Ridge Boys Elvira

This is another I recall from childhood.

Raist

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Spot on Kinglizzard, certain songs will transport me to the time i used to listen to them too, a couple of months ago i listened to this song again and experienced complete euphoria just from the memories of listening to it

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Oh my gosh, I was just transported to the days of big joints and full pipes. I wasn't a good boy in those days.

edit on 12/13/2010 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Oh my gosh, I was just transported to the days of big joints and full pipes. I wasn't a good boy in those days.

Neither was my sister with her friends when they were babysitting me...but I never narcked on them...they had bribed me with cookies/brownies and ice cream...

edit on 13-12-2010 by sonjah1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Thanks for allowing me this trip down memory lane.
I was a kid in the 60's and early 70's and the memories that I have of the music of that era was coming home from school and my mum would have the radio cranked up whilst she was doing the housework. We used to dance around the house together and I remember there was some great tunes from that era. Here are some of my favourites from 1970 - 1972

[yvid]Rx07A9LWBJA[y/vid]

I remember all the above early 70's songs as if they were last week.... there are too many to post cos the list goes on and on........ hope they bring sunshine to your day

PEACE,
RK

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is sooooo bad...but Randy is sooooo gooood

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks rigel some absolute classics there!
Never heard that tune sonjah1 im diggin it, i love ozzy especially the seventies sabbath stuff

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

Don't you just love the way Ozzy looked way back then? And at least he will testify how his lifestyle destroyed his body to the youth today....

I think everything he did with Randy Rhodes is awesome (guitar kind of compensated for the voice, lol)

RR's death so unfortunate...in youth...

But this old woman credits the duo for loving at least this genre of music...then again, I like just about everything but country?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I agree ozzy was cool as f#ck back then,looks barely recognisable now,shame to see him on all them meds now but i bet he wouldnt change any of it!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
the most influential music i think i have ever heard would have to begin with PINK FLOYD (no particular song, just everything they have ever done, although this one has had a significant impact)...

www.youtube.com...

...followed quite closely by NIN (and yes i would have to say HURT started off as my favorite)

www.youtube.com...

and most assuredly followed again closely by TOOL
www.youtube.com...

and this list goes on and on, not to mention my mom was a die hard Beatles fan, i enjoy them, i really enjoyed the reinvention of them through Across The Universe... and Lennon, and in particular (everything by him, but...) working class hero is one of the greatest songs of all time

www.youtube.com...

followed by a list too long to mention, but the above have to be some of my all time favorites for sure! enjoy!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Brilliant schizo love all these bands i grew up on Floyd,Tool and NIN too!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schitzoandro

The Sober video is sweet. Always been a favorite. Always liked the NIN Closer[/] video as well.

Raist

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Isnt it cool how we have youtube now!!!??

I remember waking up before school, and recording videos on mtv on my vcr, so I could watch them whenever I wanted, and learn the songs on my piano/guitar.

Now you can pull up anything!

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Van Halen- "Panama"
(Most epic use of all time of a kickin' song is in Superbad when the cops trash the car with McLovin, classic "Panama" blaring on screen (not some crap remake)- couldn't help getting pumped)

Alice in Chains- "Down in a Hole"- best song they did before Staley died, IMHO.

Korn- "Shoots and Ladders". Epic song. Epic sound. Bagpipes. Epic Bass riffs. Thought provoking lyrics. What else can I say?

Nine Inch Nails-"Sanctified"- Best Reznor song. Much better than his "popular" shtuff. Very lowdown

U2- "Where the Streets Have No Name" Such an awesome song.

Could go on and on... Love "Sweet Child O' Mine" by GNR.

"Paul Revere" by Beastie Boys.

"Dr. Feelgood"- Motley Crue

"Sweet Dreams"- Eurythmics

"Hazy Shade of Winter"- Bangles

"Nobody Knows Me"- Lyle Lovett

"Hero of the Day"- Metallica

"This Years Love"- David Gray

"Mad World"- Gary Jules.........................................................................................

Listen to music all the time.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
This band.

Need I go on about the genius of Matthew Bellamy? He learnt Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata in a lunch hour, then proceeded to play it backwards. Prodigy, anyone? I can tell you how his lyrics seem to birth directly from the heart strings of the most adored writers and romanticists, or how his music reaches you as echos from the furtherest galaxies unknownst, travelling upon light years and star dust to find you in that blissful moment. I can't tell you how Muse have changed my life because, quite frankly, it's ongoing. Bellamy, Dom Howard and Chris Wolstenholme are all brilliant, seasoned musicians. I was lucky enough (so lucky) to have been given the opportunity to see them perform live in Brisbane not 2 weeks ago, and they staggeringly blew my mind.
Sure as f*ck did not disappoint. Thank you, Muse.

Undoubtedly an even bigger influence upon my life, AC/DC has travelled from my blaring through my tape player everyday after school to performing in person before my very eyes earlier this year. When you're a kid in this country, it's almost sacrilegious to grow up without knowing at least one Acca Dacca song, but it wasn't until I was a teen that I truly became a conscious listener of them. Before this I was listening to Linkin Park and such bands and I was pretty depressed, I have to say. In retrospect, I don't think that that music was helping my situation at all. But once I cottoned on to rock and roll and rhythm and blues, my whole perspective changed. From there everything opened up. AC/DC opened the flood gates. They are the greatest band on Earth, and I don't care what anyone else says. There is absolutely no competition. Pre- or post Bon Scott.
They're simply the best.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
One band-One song-No comments

Manowar-The crown and the ring

edit on 15-12-2010 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join