It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bands That Made You Love Music!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
of course another super impact song that seriously enters my mind at least once a day would have to be...

CARS

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Some more great bands

Love Muse too,bellamy's a total genius on the guitar,totally original i also love the bass players grooves aswell!!!

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I completely forgot this song, and it epitomizes a lot of the valleys in my life-
Totally identify with this song at times-

Radiohead- "Creep"

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
well coving the first three decades of my life, 62 to say 94 or 95, after that music that
was being put out kinda went down hill imo. some good bands came out after that but not
many, started hearing rap, hip hop, techno, and teenie bopper music played on the radio.
there were many great bands, and one hit wonders, and my list is long and there are a great many.
and this is not all of them, i would have to pull out all my old vinyl ,8 tracks, and cassettes to name them all.
so here goes.

acdc
aerosmith
aldo nova
alice in chains
allen parson project
april wine
atlanta rhythm section
the b-52's
bachman tunner over drive
bad company
pat benatar
the bettles
black oak arkansas
black sabbath
blind melon
blue oyster cult
blondie
boston
cars
cheap trick
cream
crobys stills nash and young
damn yankees
devo
dobbie brothers
dire straits
ronnie james dio
bob dylan / the band
eagles
electric light orchestra
fleetwood mac
foreginer
foghat
gensis
the go go's
golden ear ring
gun and roses
j giles band
heart
jefferson airplane / jefferson starship
jethro tull
judas priest
the kinks
kiss
led zepplin
lynyrd skynyrd
meatloaf
metallica
molly hatchet
moody blues
nazareth
night ranger
the nitty grity drit band
nirvana
ted nugent
ozark mountain dare devils
the outlaws
tom petty and the heart breakers
pink floyd
pocol harum
poison
the pretenders
queen
quit riot
ram jam
the ramones
r.e.m.
reo speed wagon
rush
soundgarden
steely dan
stillwater
stone temple pilots
styx
supertramp
thin lizzy
38 special
u2 the early albums
wet willie
who
zz top

theres many more, some good old blues players, motown artist, some funk, but like i said i would have to pull out all my old stuff.

and last but not least spinal tap

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I still love this my bloody valentine my
Best friend told me when I was a teen that this was what acid sounded like

And Rodan was what got me into Indy music
For some reason I get really nostalgic for this song

I no longer listen to them but they did help me brake away from listening to metallica
good old ministry

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
OOPS! I think I got carried away here LOL! Enjoy though!

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Marshall Tucker Band Can't You See

CDB

Lynyrd Skynyrd

Molly Hatchet

posted on Dec, 25 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

That list is much like my own with some give and take. Throw in the 60-70's Motown my mom listened to and my dad's Sinatra and Man of La Mancha type stuff and there you have it, we were destined to love music. My dad's best friend conducted an Italian orchestra for fun so when he was oiled up a little (usually), he'd get up there and belt out a few tunes. When the white album came out my mom would put the tape in to wake us up on Sunday, I thought that was the coolest thing in the world at the time. Those were fun times.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
When I heard this band, nothing was the same again.

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Music always had a big influence on me. I guess it really started back in the late 70's early 80's, when I was into Gary Numan, Devo, Kraftwerk, David Bowie, Eno, Ultravox, then I started getting into punk, The Dead Kennedys, Crass, The Exploited, Discharge, then into metal, Venom, Celtic Frost, Bathory..... I loved it, and still do, and all this inspired me to do my own music, myspace.com/kosmokratermusic and myspace.com/themightyastrum

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

Wow diggin rodan,never heard them before gonna have to download myself some of that and awesome avatar by the way ,what is that picture?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
While the hard rock of the 80's is what really accelerated my inter activeness with music, it was music from the 70's that was playing on the radio and on my parents record player that first hit me with that magical connection that made me start paying attention to what was going on in the songs, both message and music, but more music. I remember 2 fragments that used to momentarily mesmerize me as a youngster and they were the slide solo in Hendrix's All Along The Watchtower and Wings(Paul Mc) acoustic bridge in Band On The Run.

Allman Bros
Jimi Hendrix
Simon and Garfunkel
Willie Nelson
Steely Dan
Neil Young

Peace,
spec
edit on 29-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

yeah I have a special love for Rodan they only put out one album but the band did have a lot
of offspring like

Hoover

and June of 44

edit on 29-12-2010 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezwaxes

funny you said that about your mom wakein you up with those tunes. i remember back about the time i was
7 or 8 my mom use to listen to a radio station that played what they called the hit parade, played all kinds of music pop, r&b jazz, soul and rock. she had this stereo console, well it was more like a piece of furniture than a stereo,it was about 4 feet long, and had huge speakers on both ends and stood on legs that were about 2 feet tall. open the top door and there was a turntable, 8 track and radio.
well one day my dad brought home this timer off a piece equipment from where he worked, it was kinda like the ones you get for your hot water heater today. so he hooked the stereo up to this timer, turned the volume knob
up, set the timer to 6 a.m. and thats what we used for alarm clock for years after that. i still remember the first morning he used it, that sucker went off playin the theme from bonanza if any body remembers that show. scared us all to death. you know i dont think they had clock radios in 69 or 70, my pop might have missed out on a lot of cash. man what i wouldn't give to go back to that time, care free and no worries, only what and who i was gonna play with.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Led Zep....

Thanks to my older sister and mom

They still love to throw this in my face from time to time...

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Probaly one of the best songs ever .

posted on Jan, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Saw Marshall Tucker band back in the 70's was fab then...thanks for reminding me.

My girlfriends and I were the biggest Elton John fans. It was our first concert as well.

And Neil Diamond...

Went to college and learned there was other music.

Steely Dan Dirty Work

And of course Pink Floyd saved my life a few times.

edit on 1/8/2011 by Blogstalker because: fix video links

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
That's a tough one, if your talking the very first bands that made me love rock,
KISS
Alice Cooper
Jeff Beck
ZZ Top
Led Zep

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Good call,im gonna thank my old step dad for these bands/artists:

edit on 9/1/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

The first time i ever understood music was in 6th form when i heard smells like teen spirit at a disco in some uni. It will always be the only song i remember where i was when i heard it, first time i ever knew how music effects you. Amazing.

Nirvana.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join