It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Youth are Standing Up- Provide the Effective Way-

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Of late, the youth, worldwide, are demonstrating and their efforts are quickly
dissolving into violent melee's.

Are they trying to be violent?
Are the demonstrations being infiltrated with people that are anarchist?
Are they running off adrenaline, youthful carelessness, and rage?

All I know is that the youth, whom many of us had written off as a lost
cause, are beginning to stand up and voice their displeasure as being
counted in the flock of sheeple.

We need to show these young people, these kids who we all thought
were apathetic video game zombies, the way to demonstrate their
frustration against the globilization, the NWO...

The ways of Martin Luther King, Jr., the ways of Mohandas Gandhi.

In the words of Ghandi- "An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

In the words of Martin Luther King, Jr.- "Nonviolence is a powerful and just weapon. which cuts without wounding and ennobles the man who wields it. It is a sword that heals."

We need to show the paths of these great men to the youth of the world as the true way to
demonstrate their outrage.

Only then, will their voices be taken seriously, be heard.

There are so many people who post at ATS and want a violent insurrection. They are gleeful, proud of the destruction of property, the violence...They praise these demonstrations.
However, are these people ever out there demonstrating?
Is anyone trying to organize an effective show of injustice?

Many believe that demonstrating is a lost cause, though they are glad to see others doing it.

I say we need to look at the nonviolent ways that MLK Jr. and Gandhi utilized in their fights against social injustice and emulate them for the sake of our youth...

Many may not agree, however the accomplishments of both men outweigh
what is being accomplished through violence and destruction.

Again, we want our voices to be heard, don't we?

Giving ammunition to our opposers via violence in demonstrating only guarantees a deaf ear to
the cause at hand...
Labels people as anarchist, kooks, violence provocateurs...

The issue at hand gets buried under the violence and destruction that occurred during the demonstration.

Thoughts?

www.brainyquote.com...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A snippet from the below website:

During his years of study, King found truths in a long list of writers and books, from Henry David Thoreau and his famous essay, "On Civil Disobedience," to Walter Rauschenbusch's Christianity and the Social Crisis. But perhaps the most important sources of his developing philosophy were the Bible and the writings of Mahatma Gandhi.

Martin Luther King's creed of non-violence surprised many Americans. Though conceding that King's methods were effective, black psychologist Kenneth Clark called the philosophy of loving one's enemy "psychologically burdensome."

www.pbs.org...

Is it that it is just not as satisfying to the human person to do things without violence?
Could it be that our society at this time in history, especially our youth,
have become so desensitized to violence that it has become the "norm" to get any job done-

And to be nonviolent is viewed as weak, not in keeping with what is seen on the MSM
and on the Internet, as a solution?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Protesters are being instigated (sterile area):

Click on my signature, if you would...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

So we give the kids increasingly violent video games, Blood lust openly expressed even on network TV, worship the most violent sports stars, start wars and demonize an entire culture, create and target scapegoats in our own cultures, division and snarky strategy permeates our political landscape and you call on Martin Luther King and Gandhi for our kids to emulate?

You reap what you sow!

Want Peace?....work for jUStice!

edit on 11-12-2010 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I find it a bit disturbing that kids are buying into the whole conspiracy NWO is after us, we are all in the Matrix, we need to respond to TPTB......all unfounded claims. We don't need another paranoid generation; this one is bad enough.
We will truly be lost when they start teaching about "chemtrails". I know it is a sidebar in some elementary school texts, which must be science negligence at it's highest form.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Blood lust and violence are both natural phenomenon.

Humans defy the natural order.

Just look at the world we know.

Those we look up to,those who are,"Godlike",make the example to follow.

In a world of duality,he who leads by example walks alone.

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Its the product of your western culture.. From the time theyre born kids are bombarded with violence - games, television, movies, music.. Illegal wars on the news that glorifies killing for "freedom and democracy" which in reality brings neither.. Personally I hate violence in any form.. Put too many people back together over the years .. Its all stupidity.. But people never learn and the senseless slaughter continues... You can have your corrupt , bloodthirsty civilisation.. Ill stay out here in the jungle far from the stupidity...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
I find it a bit disturbing that kids are buying into the whole conspiracy NWO is after us, we are all in the Matrix, we need to respond to TPTB......all unfounded claims. We don't need another paranoid generation; this one is bad enough.
We will truly be lost when they start teaching about "chemtrails". I know it is a sidebar in some elementary school texts, which must be science negligence at it's highest form.

A limited imagination is the least of your worries. Do you know where your payroll tax goes? Perhaps you wonder how mice are genetically aged for experiments? How about GM food crops with pesticides produced as part of vegetables? Migrating to trends... Half our nation with diabetes by 2020 and a 6000% increase in autism within the last 3-4 years. You reference chemtrails by example, but apparently left out megatons of bio-aluminum dispersed in the atmosphere due to weather modification. By chance you wouldn't happen to own a Dodge would you? You remember the days of next to nothing gas mileage? Those HEMI's would dump un-ignited fuel out their exhaust pipes and onto our roadways. Bothered to research what was used as fuel additives? How about realizing what's in your drywall or lining children's toys? This leads me to my final question... You think jet fuel doesn't end up in "vapor" trails?

I leave it to someone else to teach you some common sense.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

Western Culture?
It seems to me that most of the violent protesting is going on in Europe.

Is America to blame for that as well?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

Western Culture?
It seems to me that most of the violent protesting is going on in Europe.

Is America to blame for that as well?

Europe is a part of the west...

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Its the product of your western culture.. From the time theyre born kids are bombarded with violence - games, television, movies, music.. Illegal wars on the news that glorifies killing for "freedom and democracy" which in reality brings neither.. Personally I hate violence in any form.. Put too many people back together over the years .. Its all stupidity.. But people never learn and the senseless slaughter continues... You can have your corrupt , bloodthirsty civilisation.. Ill stay out here in the jungle far from the stupidity...

And while they're games in Western culture, the real life violence plays out in the Middle East. Even throwing stones has different meaning.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Sorry- most of the people who post about "western" culture only take its meaning to be
exclusively the United States, and point all fingers toward it.

I am surprised to see someone who actually includes Europe.

Also, I did mention the possible causes of such behavior as being identical to what you mentioned-

However, I am not advocating violence, I do not want to descend into a debate on
"the cause", truthfully-

It seems to me that most have dismissed the youth of today as not having a clue of what is
going on in the world, and these demonstrations show otherwise.

Unfortunately, unless they change their MO, little will be accomplished, in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thegoodearth

Thank you for posting this.
I'm 16, I've seen the financial pressures my parents are under some weeks, I hear them talking about paying off bills, mortgages and debts. Knowing the money is going towards a scheme which doesn't have anything in it for us.

This is why I'm against the Government and the NWO.

Everything is increasing, GST, Taxes, Fuel prices, electricity, water, etc. And some families can't even afford to buy the essential necessities for their growing family, I've seen it in my school, in my town, in the city,everywhere, people are working their ass off just to get food on the table. While the 'leaders' are sitting in their Bentleys, Eating at flash restaurants, travelling the world. We work and get taxed, while the money goes to them. I know some of the money goes towards things for the public, but that's all it should be going towards. They should be living in the same standards as the rest of us, what makes them high and mighty?

They think they're better then us, they're the Minority.
But we know this is wrong, we are the majority.

Cheers
Brady

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoodearth

Sorry- most of the people who post about "western" culture only take its meaning to be
exclusively the United States, and point all fingers toward it.

I am surprised to see someone who actually includes Europe.

Also, I did mention the possible causes of such behavior as being identical to what you mentioned-

However, I am not advocating violence, I do not want to descend into a debate on
"the cause", truthfully-

It seems to me that most have dismissed the youth of today as not having a clue of what is
going on in the world, and these demonstrations show otherwise.

Unfortunately, unless they change their MO, little will be accomplished, in my opinion.

No worries.. Learned long ago never underestimate the youths .. Kids are alot smarter than adults give them credit for.. Have a feeling alot of people are going to be quite surprised at what "kids" can accomplish before things are over..

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Peaceful protest is a tool of big government. It only makes it easier for them to sweep things under the rug.

The only way to truly get the governments of the world to open their eyes s d see the youth as the power is to get violent.

The government is there to work for us, not the other way around. Freedom or slavery folks. As much as I respect the philosophies of men like MLKJ and Gandhi, peaceful protest in this day and age is just going to get you killed. Any one recall shat happened to people like MLKJ... Or maybe evev John Lennon?

Sometimes violence is the answer. In this particular case it's entirely justifyable. Tptb have it in their minds that our future generations are going to bend over to their will and play the part of the indentured servant. Well I can tell you now, the best way to show them we will not is to get bodies in the street fighting back at them with our voices and our bodies. This is the only way to see a positive change through out the world or else big government will win and our kids will be nothing but slaves to pay for big banks and corporations to be bailed out while we suffer the hardships of the times.

I would rather die fighting against that than become their servants.
edit on 12-12-2010 by W3RLIED2 because: Text mistakes. Posting from mobile device sorry

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 04:40 AM
link   
this thread and an avatar up there reminds of one of my last dreams where i heard a voice right before I woke up that said "I used to be a puppet"

I won't try to go very far into what the meaning was supposed to be but I have my some ideas that involves using one's own personal devices to achieve something when it seems devices are being used against them.

To equate that to issues in this thread... what devices does the public have that can be used against oppression that won't get us all killed? Some have suggested to stop fueling the economy. I don't know if that's good or bad. Maybe today's youth becoming the system is a good thing but there will always be bad apples. I do believe in progression... to an extent.

Who knows?

In what ways are we being controlled? How can we nip that in the bud? Would we even be better off not being controlled? If so, maybe it's all about the part we have to play... how we are necessary... at least some of us, to do the things that those who are in charge don't want to do.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I'm glad my avatar has meaning to more then just me

Well when I think of revolution, I think of the movie "V for Vendetta" by James McTeigue.

Cheers
Brady

new topics

top topics

join