It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do finds of ancient evidence get buried totally while ridiculously impossible histories get play

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Grand Canyon story still sticks out as one of the biggest stories in this archaelogical chapter of conspirancy theory.

The arcticle is real, that cannot be questioned. It had an initial, introductory article a month prior. That is fact as well. The area is off limits to everyone. That is fact. The maps have named the areas off of Egyption/Oriental culture...fact.

The only explanation that the Smithsonian and skeptics can give are either the paper ran the ad as a hoax. Something that based on study of the paper's history of practices is completely out of character or that this man in the story was a liar, which once more the paper printing it would demonstrate bad or sensationalistic journalism on it's part which would again be, out of character for the paper.

We know that the entire world has granted rights to experts to explore farrrrrrr more dangerous locale's than this one, yet no one, expert and amateur alike are granted access to these caves.

There is so much smoke billowing from this story.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Hay here is another one.....Thurston in his work Antiquities of Tennesse says that a writer with Desoto says that a tribe in South Caroilna used copper axes. That was 1540. Its becoming clear that many in North America never stoped using cooper even after the end of the "copper age" of days gone by.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Logarock because: sp

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

LOL. You're probably right. But they sure spent a lot of money doing it. And they were very secretive about what they got out of there. Then, after three months or so, they were gone as quick and quietly as they came in.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JudgedCover

Yeah, especially since the guy who found it, and the guy who excavated it don't exist according to the Smithsonian.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Hay here is another one.....Thurston in his work Antiquities of Tennesse says that a writer with Desoto says that a tribe in South Caroilna used copper axes. That was 1540. Its becoming clear that many in North America never stoped using cooper even after the end of the "copper age" of days gone by.

Thanks for looking and posting. There's certainly no doubt about the use of copper. The article I cited earlier says quite concisely:

MYTH: The second misstatement has to do with the duration of the prehistoric mining era, which is quoted to last from 3000 B.C. to 900 A.D. (Sodders 1990:12).
FACT: The duration of prehistoric mining is really much longer than this rough estimate. The dates and ranges of time for prehistoric copper use are really from about seven thousand years ago to protohistoric times. Suites of dates from the Upper Peninsula and nearby areas make it clear that the age of the use of copper lasts longer and extends farther than Sodders suggests. It does NOT extend as far as Phoenicia or the European Bronze Age, however! There is a growing cluster of sites with dates in the range of 7 thousand years ago, found at South Fowl Lake, MN; Lac LaBelle, MI and Oconto, WI (Beukens 1992; Martin 1993; (Mason 1981). There are at least three sites with typologically old lithics in the company of copper: at Itasca, MN; at sites in the Deer Lake, MI area; and at sites in the North Lakes region, WI (Clark 1991; Salzer 1974; Shay 1971). While certainly provisional at present, it is possible that copper-working is associated with sites of PaleoIndian and/or Early Archaic technology northwest of the Superior basin as well (Steinbring 1991). www.ramtops.co.uk...

As to the Grand Canyon articles...lots to fact check there, starting from whether or not the site is restricted, whether the people named ever existed, what ends might a hoax serve, etc. Warning, though, one might have to step away from the keyboard and go to a library...not everything is available on line.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I have read so much on that Grand Canyon story, including going to an actual library like we used to have to do before computers even came along. The more you dig, the weirder it gets. There is a picture somewhere showing the barred entrance to one of the large openings, but I'm not able to find it. Maybe someone else will run across it. I've also read that more than one group of people have tried to get to it, and have been run off quickly, once by a helicopter. True? Who knows. I did e-mail one of those groups once. Never heard from them though. Maybe it's time I try contacting some of these people again. It's been some years.

edit on 17-12-2010 by Klassified because: weirder not wierder

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by aRogue

Originally posted by DeltaPan

Is the link the OP posted, working for anybody else atm?

Nope.

I was just ghoing to mention it seems to have been removed.

Wish i'd downloaded the site with Htrack or Webcow.

Too close to too many truths, ay.

Edit to add: Google has pages cached...
www.google.co.uk...

If these suddenly get removed, we'll know the information on this site is too sensitive for somebody in power, innit mate.
edit on 15-12-2010 by DeltaPan because: Add Google link to cached pages.

Well that sucks! Hmmm...

is there another website that's similar to Forgotten Age Research? Do you know for a fact it got removed or perhaps the host server crashed or something along those lines?

I'm not going to quit bumping until someone answers my question. Please.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

I have read so much on that Grand Canyon story, including going to an actual library like we used to have to do before computers even came along. The more you dig, the weirder it gets.

I don't scoff at the stories...I scoff at those who read something appealing (and who doesn't like a good mystery?) and try to undercut science with it.

By all means, check it out. Make it a hobby and do some serious investigation. Either way...however it turns out, you get a story. Sit down with what you have and start asking yourself questions. Write them down, break it down into manageable bits and check it out. Maybe a road trip!!
I look forward to hearing back from you.

is there another website that's similar to Forgotten Age Research? Do you know for a fact it got removed or perhaps the host server crashed or something along those lines?
I'm not going to quit bumping until someone answers my question. Please.

Try Erich Von Daniken and Micheal Cremo. Have fun, but in the words of the prophet: "Don't step in that, Wilbur...".

edit on 17-12-2010 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

LOL. You're probably right. But they sure spent a lot of money doing it. And they were very secretive about what they got out of there. Then, after three months or so, they were gone as quick and quietly as they came in.

Well here is a line from a Burrows Cave site..

There are log tombs, skeletons and artifacts from the Adena culture, which is believed to have developed around 500 BC and to have died out by 200 AD. There was the Hopewell culture, 100 BC to 350 AD.

Now, if one would happen to spend some time in study of what makes up these two "cultures" they would discover that they didnt really were not hard cultures. In short its sort of vague this Adena/Hopewell thing. To say that "skeletons and artifacts" were found would really require someone well studied in this area to even postulate such a claim. Some say the whole Adena Hopewell thing is weak and should be tossed out. There are no skeletons that one can say are of a type as skeleton types changed whiel other indicators stayed the same or were to some degree alike. Like mica. They find it all over the place and in graves that bear no other thing in common yet soom have been tempted to say based on that alone that it was one or the other.

Burrows Cave

A mysterious culture concentrated along the Mississippi, known as the "Mississippian", crystallized around 800 AD, and was thought to still be in existence when the Spaniards arrived. Researcher, Joseph Mahan, points out, that archeologists have collected evidence for fifty years of an elaborate and uniform Earth/Sun religion, associated with the building of flat top temple mounds, which spread out from the Mississippi in the later part of the first millennium.

A real problem with this idea is that flat top mounds and mound complexes found in North America were used and made in Central America long before anyone from "200/300"AD Egypt ever made it to NA. Not to mention we have a total lack of the type of stone working and statue type work that was at a peak in Egypt at the time in question. The sloppy nature of the cave works is also not in line with the skill level that had been demonstrated in Egypt at the time in question.

Not in the above read but Burrows said he found paper scroll in jars sealed with wax in this cave. Now something like that would have sealed the deal but nothing has been forthcomming.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Burrows also claimed to have had a gun fight after coming out of the cave on one of his early visits. He says the cave has been watched by a secret group of indians sworn to death to protect this palce and keep it hidden. He says they tried to kill him.

He also warned anyone that ever tried to find the place by following him would be shot....by him....and thier body would never be found. Yes he did say that.

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Burrows said and did a lot of things that did major damage to his credibility with everyone. With archaeologists and the folks in this part of the state that knew him. He did more damage to his own case than anyone else ever could have. I spent months researching his claims, and that cave because it's not that far from me. And even though there were inconsistencies on both sides of the issue, I was more than willing to accept that the whole mess was a big hoax. And I did for years. Until these two guys showed up and started excavating all over again. WTF?

posted on Dec, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Is Burrows dead now?

WHat do you know about the two guys?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

As far as I know. Burrows is still alive. As to the two guys. Wayne May from the Ancient American was one of them. I cannot remember the other guys name at the moment.

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

As far as I know. Burrows is still alive. As to the two guys. Wayne May from the Ancient American was one of them. I cannot remember the other guys name at the moment.

I encourage you to go for this. Too often, these stories are an abstract 'come from away' kinda thing with little opportunity to engage personally. I'm going to become more familiar with the tale...but maybe you can serve as our man on the ground. Cool.

posted on Dec, 19 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

I enjoyed to read about this anomalies thanks for posting this site.
Let me say that I belive that that was is told is not the correct image of our past. We may be forced to leave our ideas about past advanced civilizations or become ridiculed, but how do we change in our hearts the feeling that we know there was more?

Today I wanted to chek more of those anomalies but the link is broken :S

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
There is a line in some of the info posted above about the locals around New England, at least one tribe, knowing "christain word". What did the writer mean? Latin? The writer couldnt have been refering to english as he says the native knew more "christain words" than we did. Any ideas from anyone?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Got a "page not found on the link - anyone have a newer one?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Yeah that sucks, there is a massive suppression of info going on lately. I'm guessing this is another victim that either got shut down, threatened, or simply moved the site due to said issues.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Yeah that sucks, there is a massive suppression of info going on lately. I'm guessing this is another victim that either got shut down, threatened, or simply moved the site due to said issues.

It's a "victim who forgot to renew his domain name or abandoned his site" thing. You can still find a lot of these pages in information caches or in the Wayback Machine (www.archive.org...) if you know how to use their search function.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I got to this party late

still have a lot of catchin' up to do

Great topic, and enough links to keep me busy all dang day!
I'll be too busy to do my job at all
*dangit* mrmacq

Just a thought on the original "why" question?
Science is in the midst of a battle with religion
over the whole history thing

Perhaps now, more than ever, they feel it is imperative
that no weakness in their present official stories show up?
They're trying to put emphasis on the reliability of their conclusions and certain Bible thumpers might grab onto any cracks they can.....

edit on 29-3-2011 by coquine because: not filled out 'cause I'm a rebel

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join