It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks cables: Pope wanted Muslim Turkey kept out of EU

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Organized Religion has been a tool since it was first conceived..
Nothing wrong with religion by itself but when it is used to brainwash and push an agenda that's when it turns into a monster..

The other day i was playing chess and even though i've always known the bishop sits next to the king, i never realized it's importance.. I'm not implying there's a massive chess conspiracy (Now that i think about it, that's my next thread), it just made me think of the Middle Ages when the king always had the pope/bishop next to them, whispering into their ears. We haven't evolved from that, same thing, just on a bigger scale

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Another 50 million unassimilable Muslims in Europe - no thanks!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Nobody in power gives a crap about religion...they only use it to rake in money from donations and rake in votes from stupid religious people. Not even the Vatican cares about religion, they care more for their billions in wealth and their political say while the little dumbass Christian with his 14 kids proceeds to donate and praise Jesus. While the Vatican, and Christianity in general, hacks away at South American, African and Asian culture and knowledge.

I think I see what you're saying about money and religion. Seems like this is getting to be the way most people regard religion these days.

But I'm pretty sure that our masters DO give a crap about it, in the sense that they see religion as a tool, that has always worked rather well. And I don't just mean a tool for making money, hardly, I think the people-control aspect is by far the most important reason our masters allow us to continue to feed on religion.

Obviously, the power of religion in general has waned to some extent in this era of technology, especially when we compare it to times gone by. Nevertheless, I still personally believe that religion has legs, and if our masters have their way, it will rise again.

Sounds like you're a bit sick of the Christian bias out there as well, if I was to guess by some of your quoted comments, above. I tend to agree with a lot of what you're saying, probably Christianity is expanding as much as Islam, but in different parts of the world. The battle continues it would seem, and it could be that it is being waged with birthrates now. Since the cradle of Christianity is no longer very fertile, they have looked to the Third World, and thus ensure their survival through these other peoples.

But I also see that with the spread of modern Christianity, it is losing it's original strength. Probably many can think of examples of various peoples who are "christianized", and yet retain enough of their own culture to virtually cancel out the so-called christianization. Santeria is probably the most famous, as African customs were mixed with Catholic ideas, which really led to something that was hardly Christian at all when the process was completed. But it's more than just this issue that is resulting in an increasingly less virile Christianity.

Probably Muslims could rejoice if they came to similar conclusions, but Christianity also seems to have deep internal problems, that may not bode well for it's future. Certainly the modernization of the Catholic Church over the past 40 years is a great example of their best efforts falling flat. And Europeans themselves are probably the best example of all, as the majority have rejected their ancestral faith.

These are some of the reasons I think that Islam is in the ascendant, at least in comparison to it's major "competition". Beyond that, I also believe that Islam has been chosen by our masters to further their long-term goals, and see evidence all around that also helps answer the "why" of Islamic expansion, at least from a naturalistic perspective.

That being said, perhaps Muslims should not celebrate their coming triumph just yet. In the end, if our maters have their way, there will be no more Islam either.

JR

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

The other day i was playing chess and even though i've always known the bishop sits next to the king, i never realized it's importance.. I'm not implying there's a massive chess conspiracy (Now that i think about it, that's my next thread), it just made me think of the Middle Ages when the king always had the pope/bishop next to them, whispering into their ears. We haven't evolved from that, same thing, just on a bigger scale

Excellent observation!

No, maybe not a chess conspiracy, but who knows? It's a crazy world world out there.

JR

posted on Dec, 13 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Don't forget that the Vatican wanted to get rid of the chess piece entitled the Queen, you can't have a female more important than the bishop or even the Knight.

I have realized that the game of chess made the queen, or Goddess, the most powerful piece on the board. She can move freely and be ressurected. The patriarchal religions did not like the idea of the Goddess having so much power, so the game was banned for many years by the Catholic church. I have read that the reason for the ban was because the chess game promoted war. I do not believe this. I believe the reason for the ban was because chess was the game of the Goddess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join