It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guy makes guns entirely from paper. Must see!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It takes alot for my to be amazed, but this just blew my mind!!! The guns look so real, yet are functional and made from 100% paper. These are not any ordinary paper gun because the guns function like the real thing: springs, bullets and what ever else comes to mind when thinking gun. I suggest going to his youtube page and watch all of his videos on how he constructed them, because I've been watching them nonstop for hours.
I know what your thinking,"this looks so fake!", but they are not. You can watch all his videos here which also has other guns as well Watch how the guns are made

edit on 10-12-2010 by jganer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Wow. I am simply amazed that it fires..that guy is a genius with a crazy amount of time on his hands!!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Had a quick look at the videos. They do look impressive. I live in the UK so we do not have metal detectors at schools and things (maybe a few). Think of the implications, the TSA if they saw this would be having a field day. Pat downs for everyone where ever there is a metal detector in place. Will look at other vids on his account.
What is next a paper detector and you have to go through the scan while in twister (the game) like positions

Damn its getting late
Anyway take care thanks for the videos Regards

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

I know!

Can you just imagine the consequences of this knowledge getting into the hands of the incarcerated

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
This may have been a huge mistake because like the guy above said, if these weapons are discovered by TSA and the like, more freedoms will be threatened. This is an AWESOME idea though.

Looks like I'll have to download these videos and make the guns before they get taken down or something...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
That was cool as hell!! Even if it doesn't fire that is still some craftmanship right there. When did he say he was gonna test the Ak out christmas? Wonder if he will post the video for that.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Does he fire the weapons? All his videos just how him assembling and disassembling them.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by maythetruthbeknown
Had a quick look at the videos. They do look impressive. I live in the UK so we do not have metal detectors at schools and things (maybe a few). Think of the implications, the TSA if they saw this would be having a field day. Pat downs for everyone where ever there is a metal detector in place. Will look at other vids on his account.
What is next a paper detector and you have to go through the scan while in twister (the game) like positions

Damn its getting late
Anyway take care thanks for the videos Regards

Wow. I never thought about like that. If this got into the wrong hands of people who wish to do use harm the consequence disastrous. We could possibly be strip searched at ever establishment we enter because the material these guns are made with are hard to detect.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

I think he has a few videos where he shoots them, but not many. He said he isn't able to shoot them much because he lives in a residential area

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
They're not 100% paper my friend, he had a metal spring and other parts made of wood.
I have an impossible time believing anyone could make a barrel or action out of paper and make it functional and safe to any degree.
I gotta look into this though. Being able to manyfacture gun parts from junk could be a valuable skill.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
sales will be going through the roof

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Erm

Not a single one of these "guns" fired a single shot

WOW he made a non functional paper gun

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
They're not 100% paper my friend, he had a metal spring and other parts made of wood.
I have an impossible time believing anyone could make a barrel or action out of paper and make it functional and safe to any degree.
I gotta look into this though. Being able to manyfacture gun parts from junk could be a valuable skill.

The whole gun is made of paper with exception of the springs and bullets. I looked at about all of his videos and I've never seen him use wood in the gun. It's just really hardened paper.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
For the people who say it can't fire...here it is

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jganer

Yes he fired a DUMMY ROUND

Edit
You can fire a bullet with a hammer and a nail, that doesn't mean it's a gun
edit on 10-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Amazing, nice find.S & F. He is really talented.
edit on 10-12-2010 by toddtenexpa because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

edit on 10-12-2010 by toddtenexpa because: double post

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

And your point is? If im not mistaken a dummy round and a live round are almost the same thing, its just the dummy round has no projectile. He proved he can set a bullet of, what more proof do you need. And this is not a hammer and nail, this is now a fully functional gun.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jganer

And your point is? If im not mistaken a dummy round and a live round are almost the same thing, its just the dummy round has no projectile. He proved he can set a bullet of, what more proof do you need.

You can set a bullet off by hitting the end of a firing cap.

That does not mean that you can make a gun that can fire a live projectile that can hit anything at any kind of distance or indeed work more then once with a live round.

You can make a gun out of more or less anything, they are called zip guns

link

If you think a dummy round and a live round are the same then try standing in front of one

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

Originally posted by jganer

And your point is? If im not mistaken a dummy round and a live round are almost the same thing, its just the dummy round has no projectile. He proved he can set a bullet of, what more proof do you need.

You can set a bullet off by hitting the end of a firing cap.

That does not mean that you can make a gun that can fire a live projectile that can hit anything at any kind of distance or indeed work more then once with a live round. And you might want to go back a re read my comment on a dummy round because I said and dummy round has no projectile while a live round does.

You can make a gun out of more or less anything, they are called zip guns

link

If you think a dummy round and a live round are the same then try standing in front of one

It dosn't matter. I answered you question on whether it fires or not, and yes it does shoot.
And you might want to go back and re read my comment about a dummy round. I said a dummy round has no projectile while a live round does.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join