It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning, A Electronic Pickpocket on the Market. Be Aware

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Ok folks this is pretty scary really. It is called the Electronic Pickpocket. The long and short of it is, it can scan your credit cards or your passport right through your pocket without you even knowing. Geee, I wonder who will buy these? For about $100.00, you to can become a touch free pickpocket. Why would they even put these on the market? I mean what is really wrong with this picture? I could go on and on, but I think you'll get it all by yourselves...

Here is the VIDEO check it out for yourself.
edit on 10-12-2010 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Not mine.

I keep mine wrapped in tin foil in my bum bag. No kidding.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Yea I'm sure some will take this idea and run with it, literally.
Time to look into one of these:
www.idstronghold.com...

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Not mine.

I keep mine wrapped in tin foil in my bum bag. No kidding.

That might be very very smart and a very good thing to know. I just cant imagine why a honest person would want to own one of these. This just seems to me wrong on so many levels.

Thanks for the good tip, a lont of us may need to consider that soon, or now.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Government employees who enter highly secure facilities with RFID enabled pass cards use those wallet type slips to put them in until they take it out to slide it in to gain access.

I don't know how many of them are using that technology, or what flavors of the tech they use, but I know they are using it to some extent.

It prevents spies or other individuals from scanning the contents of their security ID cards, which will prevent spies from gaining access codes.

So you really really need to get one of those wallet slips to put your cards in.

You will regret it if you don't.

Those scanners are becoming super cheap and easy to obtain, and criminals are quickly adapting to these new technologies.

Problem is, when they put the RFID chips in our body, it's going to be really hard to block that. What are you going to wrap your hand in tin foil all day?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
I just cant imagine why a honest person would want to own one of these. This just seems to me wrong on so many levels.

Well if you run a business or something, RFID chips are becoming very common in inventory items.

So getting scanners will allow you to check your inventory faster etc etc.

RFID enabled credit cards and passports are the nasty side effect.

Since any business can order the scanners, you can too. And criminals can use it to get rich quick...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If the name of the game here is really all about marketing...maybe the RFID is just a temporary rouse. Maybe there is more money to be made in the biometric scanner industry.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
And it's *legal* to sell/purchase this?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Even if someone can scan your card, I don't see how your automatically gonna end up being the benefit of fraud.

Card gets scanned. Card gets cloned. They go into a shop & order something expensive. Once they get to the checkout, they still need to know your pin number.

Same for online shopping. They need your name & address, as well as the 3 digit CSC on the back of your card.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   

There are wallets you can buy that are faraday cages, so that your wallet is protected from this sort of thing. You could probably also just do it yourself and wrap your wallet in tinfoil.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Glad you brought this up,i forgot about these. They where originaly invented so the CIA could identify people without the person knowing they are bieng watched. Surely like every other invention in history it will be used for evil when the mass population gets ahold of it.

top topics

join