It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under American law, the president does have the right to order assasination. Really!!!!!!! That's d

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Was reading this post by Whitley Streiber when I read that "Under American law, the president does have the right to order (his) assasination". Talking about Julian Assange.

Now I knew he could order the assasination of US citizens but I didn't know that we were all in his sights.

Does anyone know if Whitley is right?

Surely not.
Linky

I refuse to believe that is legal.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If you reference Article 2 Section 1, the powers don't address this to be an actual " power " that the President may have. After re-reading this section of the Constitution, I didn't see anything that would allow any powers for such action.
source: www.usconstitution.net...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

When it comes to legalities concerning what the government can and can't do, it's a very simple equation: How far can we distance ourselves from anything without getting caught in it.

You see, technically speaking, a spy agency, a head of government, a special forces group, etc... can technically do anything they want as long as they either :

1) Blame someone else for it
2) Don't confirm nor deny they did it
3) Find some form of justification for what they did (whether it makes sense or not)...

It's not right, but it's the way it works. The US government has assassinated MANY people before, and will continue to do so in the future.

This is why a group like Wikileaks is important. It balances the power a little bit, and now makes them think 1.5 times before doing anything...

Just my 0.02$

Magnum

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Agreed, if people think operation mongoose wasnt a black op, then nothing will change their views.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The government doesnt have laws what are you talking about..lol.. they do what they want when they want without you knowing.. if someone assasinated Assange would you think it was your country ordering it? would it just be chance that someone who really hates the guy took it apon him self? doubt it. but if it happened. you will NEVER know who ordered it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
operation mongoose?.. scratch that.. reading on wiki haha
edit on 10-12-2010 by machines4200 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Here's another link...the Judge in question whilst acknowledging the right exists, does seem to have doubts about it.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I wonder how which other countries, if any, actually have legislation authorising cold blooded, extra-judicial killing on the order of the Head of State?

I find this truly shocking, and I can't understand how the bill was ever allowed to pass without massive uproar.

This evidence alone proves, beyond doubt, that US is a dangerous, unprincipled, totalitarian government.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

As far as Assange goes I don't think he's going to be eliminated. It's too high profile, and it would be very obvious as to who would be behind it. But they are going to make life very difficult for him, but he seems to hold the cards and good for him. It's about time some truth comes out, at the very least it seems that people are talking and starting to question things. When the lights get turned on the rats will run. The biggest problem is blind faith that the gov't has our interests at heart when its so very obvious that's not the case. I personally don't care who's behind wikileaks, I'm glad to see people stand up and say this @&%$ isn't right.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
amen brotha

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There is nothing in the Constitution, or any law ever passed by Congress, or any ruling by any Judge, ever, anywhere, saying US Presidents have unmitigated right to murder people at will.

What I think Streiber (rightly) is referring to is the claimed authority by the Executive Branch to commit these kinds of crimes, which began under Bush where he simply decided he had the right to order indefinite detention, and spineless cowards in Congress, courts, the media, and the population went along.

Not only has the Obama Administration continued this immoral, insane policy, it also claims the right to murder anyone in the world, even US citizens, as explained here.

But these are not actual "laws" - they are examples of an out of control Executive Branch spreading crime, war and abuse throughout the world on behalf of their corporate masters, with not even a peep from the so-called "Balance of Powers" which the framers set up.

new topics

top topics

join