It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people want to legalize harmful drugs??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
to all the posts that followed mine THANKYOU !
I think we have gauged the general direction that this thread has gone in
and it seems the OP is in the minority of wanting to babysit us all.
NO not me, as long as i am minding my own god dam business i would
pump what i pleased into my body.
Education not disinformation!

As stated this is all about the governments lack of real research or willingness to adopt
radical ideas like giving addicts the choice they want.
Why should a pot smoker be put in jail & drunken thugs be let off with a slap on the wrist?
These laws are obsolete and need bringing into this century backed by public opinion.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It is abundantly evident that society approves the practice of consuming recreational drugs. It is a grand tradition with a huge industry.

The problem with pot eventually comes down to economics; marijuana is not economically viable if it is not criminalized. A substance that is virtually free is a threat to a capitalist system. Criminalization is the only way to attach a price-tag.

By now it would be exceedingly costly and would cause economic hardship and disaster to dismantle the anti-pot industry. It will not go down without a fight. But by one means or another it will eventually be ended.

I cannot think of a more gallant purpose for going to war than to gain ownership over my own body.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
The harmful drugs are already legal. Pharmaceuticals, alcohol & tobacco are the most dangerous drugs I can think of.

The demonizing of marijuana is particularly sad. In the USA, on a federal level, marijuana is scheduled as a more dangerous drug than Methamphetamine.

Even more infuriating (to me) is that hemp - a cannabis plant used for fiber and food - is legally classified the same as marijuana.

According to the DEA’s own figures, 95 to 98 percent of the Cannabis plants destroyed each year are hemp plants and not marijuana.
- Innvista

The war on drugs is a war against freedom.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight

Originally posted by eNumbra

Right now, the government knows more than you the average citizen can ever know and they know the dangers. So why defy that?

You're right; I'll go back to eating my McDonalds, drinking my perfectly legal alcohol, smoking my perfectly legal cigarettes (which doctors once promoted as "healthy") and being a quit lazy little piece of human cattle walking in circles until my time on the mortal coil expires.
Rock climbing is dangerous we should outlaw that too, and skydiving, and bears. Don't forget bears; they're more dangerous than you can imagine.

Lots of things that aren't healthy are legal, you can't ban one without banning the other and if you had to follow that line of reason we'd have to ban everything. My god I hope this thread was a joke.
edit on 12/10/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

McDonalds = Cannabis? I don't think so. As I said I think there needs to be more banning of things like salt too but thats not major problem. I find it disturbing how todays youth actually believe they have a right to smoke or drink whatever dangerous substances available to them.

You'd ban salt? A necessary 'ingredient' for function? What are you, a shill?

Oh, I've been drinking beer, (a legal drug and containing the 'poison' alcohol),and coffee, a legal drug, but heaven forbid I enlighten myself with '___'.

Try it, you might find your views change.

I find it disturbing that we CAN'T ingest substances we find enhancing.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

edit on 14-2-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by aorAki because: hmmmm

edit on 14-2-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
A great documentary on the prohibition of Marijuana narrated by Woody Harrelson. It dispells a lot of the myths about weed.

Weed is one of the truly amazing plants on the Earth. It has soo many uses and is easy to grow and cultivate. Hence the reason it's a controlled substance. Can't have people self medicating and growing their own supply for pennies versus legal prescribed drugs. The gov't shouldn't control what you put into your body, that is your right to do so.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Heroin is no worse then any other opiate in a clinical setting. There is very little reason it should actually be illegal, considering other opiate drugs like Oxymorphone give a much better high. Also, heroin has a very well established track record as an effective pain killer so worst case scenario it should be a C II narcotic.

Actually, its still prescribed in the UK as diamorphine. Oh, and methamphetamine is prescribed here in the USA as Desoxyn.

Please dont try to tell people what they should be allowed or not allowed to use. If someone wants to use a drug then they are going to regardless. You seem like you were raised a long time ago during the "drug propaganda period", with commercials such as the infamous "This is your brain on drugs.. Any questions?".

The only thing keeping drugs illegal does is keep the power and money in the hands of the criminals,

And lastly, when the herbal remedies are deemed illegal drugs, are you going to support that as well? Because that should be going into effect within the next year or so. Just because the government makes something illegal doesnt mean its bad for you, it just allows them a much greater control on the population in countless ways.
edit on 2/14/2011 by deadline527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
At last the voices of reason have arrived! now if these kinds of people
were in power there would be the change in the law that is needed.

without our voices this subject no matter how loud WE shout will
always remain a taboo subject. this is not an option.

how long before TPTB tell us we cannot eat BANANAS!

NO these last fer posts have given me faith in the power of people
in numbers. WE have shown that we want the choice to be our's
and there is far to much fear mungering going on and many myth's
about some of the substances.

This topic is one i feel strongly about but i rarely speak up as i would
only be view'd as some "junkie" well that is not the case!
I just do not agree with being told what i can & can't put into my body!

I gave you all a flag after my post as a big thankyou. maybe we wont change
the law overnight but if we get just one person to wake up that will be something.

You will ALWAYS FIND that the authors of these threads have no "hands on experience"
in the drug world thus there arguments i class null & void.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Right now, the government knows more than you the average citizen can ever know and they know the dangers. So why defy that?

You're right; I'll go back to eating my McDonalds, drinking my perfectly legal alcohol, smoking my perfectly legal cigarettes (which doctors once promoted as "healthy") and being a quit lazy little piece of human cattle walking in circles until my time on the mortal coil expires.
Rock climbing is dangerous we should outlaw that too, and skydiving, and bears. Don't forget bears; they're more dangerous than you can imagine.

Lots of things that aren't healthy are legal, you can't ban one without banning the other and if you had to follow that line of reason we'd have to ban everything. My god I hope this thread was a joke.
edit on 12/10/2010 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

McDonalds = Cannabis? I don't think so. As I said I think there needs to be more banning of things like salt too but thats not major problem. I find it disturbing how todays youth actually believe they have a right to smoke or drink whatever dangerous substances available to them.

How do they NOT have that right? It is their body! Under 18 it should be up to the parent.. Over 18 - NOBODY should be able to tell you what you CAN and CAN'T do with your own damn body!

Who do you think you are? Implying that people "actually believe they have a right to smoke or drink whatever" Who's choice should it be? The Govts? Yours? The Church?

Who are you to tell someone what they should do with their body? Educate about the dangers, then step back.. What someone else does with their body is none of your business..Period!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnightRight now, the government knows more than you the average citizen can ever know and they know the dangers. So why defy that?

Because it is not the role of government to protect me from myself...period.

If we are going to accept that they know best then what can't they regulate, limit or require us to do.

Report for your government approved food allocation Johnny; no dessert for you you are getting fat!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Same basic idea. In a free society, we should be able to determne what we want to do to ourselves, good or bad.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
blaming drugs for what its user does
is like blaming a crowbar for a robbery
a car for running someone over
boxing gloves for punches
money for being stolen
fast food for being fat

i sentence you to jail for having diabetes is just as logical, ,

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

I disagree with your assertion. It is true some mind altering substances should remain regulated, and monitored, and I am not saying "legalize" all drugs either. But what in the world are you thinking brother? For thousands of years civilizations left it up to the individuals to decide whether or not to utilize these substances or plants, and now, since the early 1900's, all of a sudden the govrnments know "BETTER" than we do, what is or is not best for us?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join