It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs make surprise appearance in latest Cape Canaveral rocket launch video!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
SpaceX launched its Falcon 9 rocket from Cape Canaveral December 8th 2010. The Dragon capsule became the first privately-owned ship ever to return safely from earth orbit when it splashed down in the Pacific Ocean three hours later.

Spheroid UFOs snuck into the rocket cam's earth-facing field of view, popping suddenly into view from nowhere and forming triangle, then two tetrahedral formations, the closest on the bottom right of the screen.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
What time in the video does it occur at?

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
The positions of the "dots" looked fixed...

This leads me to believe it is on the camera lens, or more likely the lens housing itself.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TwiTcHomatic
The positions of the "dots" looked fixed...

This leads me to believe it is on the camera lens, or more likely the lens housing itself.

Agreed, the background moves but the objects stay fixed..
Something on the lense etc..

Why did they start the vid at T-60 sec..??
I was bored before it launched..

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well, that was rather...Nominal.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Are you talking about the "space-dirt" on the camera screen?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by OlympusMons

Mmm reminds me of "Contact"

Im ready to go.................LOL

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
If you use the slider to scroll back and forth between 7 and 8 minutes you can see that the Earth moves in relation to the rocket but that the 'spheres' remain fixed, the most likely explanation being that they are drops of moisture or some other effluvia from the rocket on the lens of the camera.

Interesting vid though, I'd not heard of this civilian rocket launch.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

I knew I could count on you guys for some critical review. Times: 0 (triangle visible on preview screen) 1:30 5:33, 7:21, 9:05, 10:09. I agree that the luminous elements could result from light scattering from lens damage. Nevertheless, UFOs have been observed in stable pair, triad, and larger formations. I've detected coupled groups in Sun and deep space. Astronauts have described ufos as debris that *tags along* with them. www.youtube.com...

If these are artifacts, how many stars in deep space images might be lens pit damage artifacts?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a493fe16be91.png[/atsimg]

best wishes --

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by keyseeker

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/212aa25f953c.png[/atsimg]

Anyone venture an ID on the gray objects in the sky on the right in this Apollo 11 image?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by keyseeker
I knew I could count on you guys for some critical review. Times: 0 (triangle visible on preview screen) 1:30
At 1:30 those are water droplets (possibly from condensation) that formed on the lens. Tiny dust particles in the atmosphere would stick to the water droplet so that as the water evaporated, we're left with tiny "water spots" on the lens, where the water evaporated but the little bit of dirt they collected remains as a water spot. The locations seem to line up at least halfway through the video, I didn't have time to watch the whole thing.

If these are artifacts, how many stars in deep space images might be lens pit damage artifacts?
None. The stars are in focus. Damage to the lens won't be in focus.

Anyone venture an ID on the gray objects in the sky on the right in this Apollo 11 image?
Possibly lens flare?
edit on 10-12-2010 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Anyone have a perspective on a few strange things:

1. The video ends with white noise, and then you see a fire truck. Is that normal, or something on fire?

2. You hear a short burst of applause, then they cut to 3 people, not a control room.

3. Do we know they recovered the actual launch vehicle, and not a practice model?

4. I find it disturbing that they use a (reptilian?) dragon logo and that they're going to take over for NASA.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Wow Im blown away.

Proof, at last.

Come on.....I thought people on here were meant to have some clue as to what they are looking at.

But everyone and his dead girlfriend seems to label everything as a UFO.

Sorry but I fail to see the UFO. Just a dot.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by c0ldPhr34k

NO CONTEST, I agree guys -- I made a mistake -- no UFO.

Any ideas on the gray sphere in the JAXA image, or the strange bowling pin object in the Apollo 11?

Or any reaction to the fact that a dragon company is going to take over for NASA launching materiel to the Space Station???

edit on 11-12-2010 by keyseeker because: fix icon

edit on 11-12-2010 by keyseeker because: fix typo

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

reply to post by keyseeker

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/212aa25f953c.png[/atsimg]

No idea but I do have one question..
I know what size the moon looks in the sky when viewed from earth..
I see it most nights..

Being that the earth is around 4 times larger than the moon, I would have expected it to look much bigger than it does in that pic..

Why is that??

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Any ideas on the gray sphere in the JAXA image, or the strange bowling pin object in the Apollo 11?
Note shodow on lower right showing sun is in front of camera, just above field of view. When sun is in front of camera, lens flare is a possibility. My guess is internal lens reflection of the sun. Lower right of this image shows 2 internal lens reflections of the sun: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d19aab4accf3.jpg[/atsimg]
AKA lens flare, it's common when the sun is in front of the camera, and doesn't have to be in the field of view.

Or any reaction to the fact that a dragon company is going to take over for NASA launching materiel to the Space Station???
Not happy about no replacement for the shuttle when it retires, very sad.

Originally posted by backinblack
Being that the earth is around 4 times larger than the moon, I would have expected it to look much bigger than it does in that pic..

Why is that??
It's a wide angle view. Zoom out, the distant object looks smaller.
Zoom in, the distant object looks bigger, like this:

Flying over Abruzzo during sunset. Photo taken with a telescope. 3000 mm focal length. The plane was about 15 - 20 km away.

www.airliners.net...(F)/1526441/L/

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fdbcc8dc8125.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Wow, by 8 mins I was sitting here seething, going green and starting to spout the words "Hulk Smash"..

Why?

Because I was being driven crazy by both seeing no UFO bar spots on the lens and the word NOMINAL being said every 2 secs.

NOMINAL...BLOODY NOMINAL....

I think this will stick with me for a few days, my tea supply is er nominal, the charge on my phone is er nominal and force of fart er nominal....

top topics

join