It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Bank mired in laundering scandal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Vatican Bank mired in laundering scandal

www.vcstar.com

VATICAN CITY (AP) — This is no ordinary bank: The ATMs are in Latin. Priests use a private entrance. A life-size portrait of Pope Benedict XVI hangs on the wall.

Nevertheless, the Institute for Religious Works is a bank, and it's under harsh new scrutiny in a case involving money-laundering allegations that led police to seize €23 million ($30 million) in Vatican assets in September. Critics say the case shows that the "Vatican Bank" has never shed its penchant for secrecy and scandal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Ah yes, when high finance meets religion and the Western world's oldest continually existing major insititution (the Vatican), things are always interesting...and the facts are usually obscured.

Can the Vatican Bank maintain its famous (and often infamous) veil of secrecey in the networked, Wikileak'd world of today? And what kind of kooky financial hijinks are the crimson-robed Keepers of the Keys up to this time?

www.vcstar.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 12/9/10 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
does anyone with any power in the catholic church ever do any good, all i hear about is perverts and fraudsters

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
well, somebody's got to do the laundry, with all those robes and collars those guys wear everyday.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I blame Mr. Corleone.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
The church is as crooked a business as any other. Cover up employee actions. Spend astronomical amounts of money when they're patrons could use support. When I visited the Vatican City with my wife I was shocked at the bling these crooks were wearing. It's about time the governments treat the "Church" as a business like any other, and charge them! Good job!
It's expensive to pay out for all the aabuses done by the church. So sad!

edit on 9-12-2010 by PsychNurse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Good. I hate the pope and all of his little pedophilic slaves. He must DIE!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
This does not surprise me at all. I wonder what possible clandestine connections might be uncovered? And if that does happen, how could this affect their image? Not that it's looking good as it is, all things considered, but how many blows can they take before they ultimately crumble?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
but but, thats a sin

no problem, just pray for 30 min that you will be absolved and go to heaven

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's the Swiss... They're always up to no good.

top topics

join