It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wondered what a Nuke could do to your city?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I found this interesting free site that allows you to choose the type of nuclear weapon you want and using Google Maps allows you to see the effects from thermal, pressure and fallout. They include nuke type from the 2009 North Korea test to the Tsar Bomba which is the largest nuke ever deployed.
I took my city found the area that was most likely 'ground zero' and nuked it!
Fun for all ages!

CarlosLabs

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Scary stuff. makes you realise what chance we would have if WWIII ever broke out.

second line

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thanks for this post.

This was very interesting and now I want a b.o.b. more than ever
Very easy to use and I can hit my house with an Asteroid which is pretty cool!

Thanks again!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

edit on 9-12-2010 by fasteronfire because: Double Post...Sorry

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I put the asteroid strike on my city, and North America disappeared. Going to try to put the app straight into the thread.....

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Wow, that site's cool. Sadly, i'd be D E A D in the event of a Nuke haha

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow really interesting to see how powerfull and devastating a suitcase nuke can be let alone our modern nukes. Is it wrong that i spent the past 30 minutes nuking cities?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyR
I put the asteroid strike on my city, and North America disappeared. Going to try to put the app straight into the thread.....

ground Zero
LOL that didn't work..I don't think bb code will let me, anyone know how to put this in the thread? Meh just as easy to just go to the link...

edit on 12/9/2010 by JohnnyR because: tried to put map in post

There ya go
incidently, it is (minus the spaces)
[ url=http://www.carloslabs.com/projects/200712B/GroundZero.html]ground Zero[/url ]

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I found this interesting free site that allows you to choose the type of nuclear weapon you want and using Google Maps allows you to see the effects from thermal, pressure and fallout. They include nuke type from the 2009 North Korea test to the Tsar Bomba which is the largest nuke ever deployed.
I took my city found the area that was most likely 'ground zero' and nuked it!
Fun for all ages!

CarlosLabs

No, I've never thought that. Seems like a morbid thing or something for kids who like to play army.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Thanks for the post, I had fun with this one.

Im happy to say I would survive if my city was attacked by all except the Tsar bomb and the asteroid

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
If anything but the tsar bomb or asteroid hits my city I'm fine.

I live in the suburbs, so I should be okay.

I have pictured a nuke landing almost in a doomsday scenario, kind of like a fear thing. Tried to tell my wifey what to do, but she is a huge panicker.

Thanks for the amusement.
S&F.

Pred...

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
No,i havent. I know that if a nuke hits an area,it will decimate everything within a 3 mile radius and bring down most buildings within a 5 mile radius and within a ?20? mile radius everything will die due to radiation.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Would you like to play a game?

Thermonuclear warfare.

How about a nice game of chess?

Scary post.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Put it on the closest military target to me, set it to a reasonable size and it still didn't touch me, so I'm relatively safe.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
wow thats cool, an easy way to get rid of my crappy home town

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Russia had 3 nukes in the cold war aimed at my city - it has ordnance south of the city [York, England].

It works like this - if the first nuke, doesn't work then send a 2nd nuke and if the 2nd doesn't work then send a 3rd.

They could also flood it by a water explosion - nuke above Humber to cause a tsunami to flood the city.

The source of my knowledge is pretty benign, English Heritage have a nuclear bunker here and various people [boith home and abroad] have told them about what would happen in the cold war!!

top topics

join