It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Death Communication: A Thread for Examples

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Ex

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I was widowed a few years back.
The event left me with two small children 4 and 9.
I didn't know how I was going to make it through then
but decided to just put one foot in front of the other and hang on closely to my faith.
So, I tried to make life as relatively stable as I could for the childrens sake.
I redid the house and one morning after the kids had gone to school,
decided to make a video of our new surroundings.Noone was there but me.
I took the camcorder outside and started in the driveway narrating , in through the front door
and into each room . I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at the time,
but when I put the video in the player to see it, as I walked through the front door a voice
( that I swear to this day) was my beloved saying what he always said when I came home...
"Hey Babe"
I have had others listen to this and they all hear the same.
I sincerely believe that he was and still does watch over me and the children.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

That is a curious point. I used to have crazy long, detailed dreams. I remember, on a number of occasions, Patti asking me what I had dreamed and going on and on and on, and her laughing at the rich detail. One of her favourite statements, after hearing something like those dreams, was "I love how your mind works," because she got a kick out of the ADD and Asperger perspective that I exhibited, whether in dreams, or in mundane activities like putting up Christmas lights.

Since she passed away, I no longer have dreams like that. In the rare instance where I can remember one, they all seem pretty shallow and dull. I wonder what, if anything, that might mean.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex
I sincerely believe that he was and still does watch over me and the children.

I absolutely believe that to be the case. What father, mother, lover... wouldn't want to be watchful of the people that can't help but mean so much? I have struggled with what Patti might think of me, whether she would be disappointed in how I have dealt with her passing, but when I think about it, I can't help but think that she would be more understanding, more sympathetic, than I assume.

I'm not sure about the level of interaction that those who have passed have with this world, that's kind of the point of the thread, but I have no doubt that they remain concerned with how we are doing, because I am convinced that love survives death.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
People are telling some great ADC's. I apologize mine were so detailed and I apolozie for my grammar mistakes.

My dreams are usually blah as well lately. I think maybe our minds are in excessive overdrive during our waking hours and what sleep we do get is our chance for the brain to somewhat recoup from the daily stress we are under. I've got so much gray in my hair since my daughter died and what I call think lines on my face - this is taking a physical toll on me for sure.

edit on 9-12-2010 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
A very close lifelong friend of mine was murdered on January 20, 2009 - a spectacularly disturbing event involving her schizophrenic son having a psychotic episode, and her being the person who was handy, I suppose. She and I had stayed very close over the decades, but in the summer of 2000, we had a falling out over something stupid, and this time we didn't get back together again - as we always had when we'd gotten mad at each other in the past. We never got a chance to see each other again, or talk again, and we'd always assumed that we'd probably be in the same nursing home eventually.

I talked with her sister after the funeral, and she told me that Rhonda never stopped regretting our estrangement. I know that I never stopped regretting it as well, but I now lived 800 miles away, had a new life, a wife, grandkids from my 1st marriage, and just figured that "life goes on". I guess it does if that's what you decide to do with life. Her sister also explained that the family (her mom and siblings) weren't going to be able to pay for the funeral or a burial. Long story short - I helped settle that debt and get Rhonda a pretty little spot in our hometown cemetery. It was after that, that I think she started hanging around and keeping me company.

Of course, I can't prove that the taps, knocks, object movements, sounds, "spider web strings", floods of whole body sensations, and a host of other constant interactions of that sort are Rhonda, but I do know that I've become comfortable with the notion that these obvious indications are her. Lately, I've been getting a little concerned as to whether it actually is her, though. Mainly because of whats been happening to my wife.

Last night she confided in me that she's been harrassed in the house. Very aggressive taps and knocks in the walls, a sudden, and very loud vocalization right against her right ear that sounded like someone yelling "Bleagh!" (I hope I spelled that right, but you get the idea). Then she showed me 8 very tiny slits lined up in an impossibly tight pattern on her lower leg - smaller than paper cuts - that simply appeared in the shower that morning. If these slices were larger, or less precise, then I could imagine a rang of possibilities for them, but I've never seen such really tiny and closely grouped slits before. I don't even know how anyone would be capable of making them, as perfectly straight and measured one-to-the-next in line for about 2 inches, as they were. So, she's terrified, and wants "whatever the hell it is" out of her house.

Tonight, I was trying to comfort my wife upstairs (she got laid-off today), and while I was doing what I could to calm her down and let her know that we'll be okay, the tapping started right next to where she was leaned against the wall in bed. Really rapid and bursts of 5 and 6 taps. I have to admit that I instinctively "felt" it was Rhonda commiserating, but I do realize that I could be mistaken as to who it actually is.

So now I'm back to wondering if she's okay and hanging around people who love her, or if something else has been taking advantage of my wishful thinking. They say that these folks feed off our emotional reactions, and she (if it's her) has benefitted from lots of positive emotional response from me over the last year and a half. If its not her, then I wish there was a way to verify it. I don't trust professional mediums or psychics. Rhonda and I were tarot buddies since we were teenagers, so we both were pretty well acquainted with alternative belief systems. Still, I'm a brutal skeptic, and wish I wasn't feeling hoodwinked by some opportunistic jerk posing as my deceased friend.

Any ideas on how I can verify it's her? Apparently her skill set has been improving, but I get the impression that getting through isn't as easy as the movies make it seem.
edit on 12/9/2010 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrtales Instinct
Hello everyone! I am the person that's been communicating via u2u with adjensen, about before/after death communications. I too am going through a traumatic sudden loss, with the death of my only daughter, Leigh Ann . I'm going to share things that Leigh, herself, experienced in the years preceeding her death, the things her fiance has experienced, the things Leigh's dad has been experiencing and the things that I've been shown. I'm hopeful, that by sharing, we can learn from one another.

I had been studying Near Death Experiences long before my daughter passed and my daughter was very aware of this and in the weeks before her death, I had even explained to her what others say happens at the moment of death. Even though no two experiences are the same, they most usually carry common denominators; seperation of spirit from body, being able to travel at the speed of thought, free of pain, senses heightened, accelerating at high speeds through space/darkness or a portal/tunnel opening and then being drawn into it (as if it has magnetic properties), then finally arriving at the light of God.

A bit about myself. I too, am a devout christian. I was baptized when I was 10 years old, along with my older sister who was 12. This was done at a regular Baptist Church. I am 45 years old now, but I had my first spiritual encounter when I was 17. Between the ages of 17-25, I had a total of four encounters. I prayed for them to STOP because I didn't understand any of it. My dad died in 2000 and I've had two after death communications from him. Then in the year 2004/05 something happened in my personal life, that made me really seek the true living God. I needed him and over the course of the last few years he's been revealing himself to me. In the spring of 2007 I expereinced the baptism of the Holy Spirit. These things are for a different thread (God in the paranormal if there is an interest for it) but these are the things that have molded who I am and why I believe the way I do. I'm not one to stray too far from the sidewalk, and since my baptism I now understand my past experiences and actually enjoy how they are related to the Word of God. In fact, it's a problem if I can't relate my experiences or those of others to his word. And I'm pretty good at doing just that.

A bit about Leigh Ann. She died a horrific death, for she suffocated under the weight of her own vehicle. My daughter was such a good girl. She never caused me or her dad a moment of grief. She had moved out seven or eight weeks before her death and was living with her fiance ( a boy she had dated for the last couple years). It was a Monday, the 4th of January. It had been snowing and there was a bit of black ice on the roads. She was out running errands and hit some ice and rolled her Jeep twice. It was upside down but she managed to crawl out of it. A man and his wife saw it happen. The wife stayed in her car and dialed 911, and the man got out to help my daughter. He asked her if she was okay and she told him, "Yes, but I'm cold." He said he last saw her picking glass (from her broken front windshield) out of her hair, as he walked to his car to grab her a blanket. Another car came along and hit the same patch of black ice. The car struck the man (breaking both his knees) and plowed into my daughters vehicle. My daughter was on the back side and the force of the impact pushed the Jeep hard enough to move it, knocking my daughter down and the Jeep slid over her. Everyone's attention was now on the man whose knees were broken. Everything was hectic and nobody realized my baby was trapped and dying.

When the fire department arrived they realized she was trapped and they had a hard time getting the Jeep off of her. She coded at the scene and the got her back. They took her to the nearest hopital and her body temp was down to 81 degrees. She coded on them again and they got her back. She was then taken to a much larger hospital (Ohio State University). They told us they had had success with peoples body tempature going that low, by warming them back up slowly but a really long story short.... nothing worked and we stopped treatment on the 7th of January and Leigh became a donor and gave others a second chance at life.

Now I'm ready.

Dear Myrtales Instinct, you have my sympathies over the sad death of your lovely daughter... I am sure you know Leigh Ann is safe and happy now!
Vicky

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

My daughter was anything but stable. Out of ten or twelve people, I was the first through the doors. Her eyes were wide open but rolling and she had tears streaming down her the sides of her cheeks, past her temples and into her hair. She was seizing uncontrollably. Her hands were twisted inwards at the wrist and her feet were pointing as if she was stretching. I knew this look from my sisters experience in the E.R. - she was posturing and that's always bad. You couldn't see a place on her. We knew nothing of her being trapped, without oxygen, so we really weren't prepared. All I could say was, "This is not stable."

They moved her into a room in the I.C.U. and me, my husband and her fiance went in. They each took to a side of the bed and I sat down in a chair across from her and as soon as I did, I saw a white vapour hovering by the left side of her head - around her jaw-line. I told them what I saw. Since then, I've read many accounts of nurses, doctors, health care providers, and hospice workers have often reported seeing this misty like vapour. Later, I found in scripture from Jesus' brother James who states that we are all but a "vapour" here for a little while - then gone..

Six or seven months after the funeral, still grieving and missing my daughter so much, that I ache physically for her, I start asking God to help me understand. My prayers didn't bring her back to me and I've had to accept, that misfortune happens and sometimes things are'nt fair because we live in this fallen realm - no matter how temporary it may be. I'm lying in bed, with my eyes shut praying and I'm asking, no begging and pleading was more like it, for God to show me where my baby is.

On a few occassions God has shown me a vision in my mind and it's hard to describe how it happens, but what it feels like is an image is pressed into my mind. I know it sounds really strange but it is what it is. So, Im lying there with my eyes shut and it was as if he for one second turned a light on in my mind, then shut it off just as fast. It happened a second time, but this time it was as if I was outside on a beautiful day, blue sky and big puffy clouds in the sky. As quick as he showed it to me, he shut if off. Then it happened a third time, this time there was an opening (round in nature, like if you were looking through a scope of some kind) in the clouds. Nestled upon the clouds, was this cube. I'm just a housewife, so I relate things to what I know - and this cube looked like a dirty ice cube. That's how I have described it for family. Not nasty ice..... just not perfectly clear in it's luster.

I thought 'how neat.' I fell asleep and slept so peaceful. I had to get up at 4:30 a.m. to have my son at work by 6:00 a.m.. As I am sitting there drinking my coffee, the sun was coming up and it was really pretty and it made me think of what I saw the night before. Then it dawned on me (or God's Spirit at work) that in the book of Revelation there is this description of the New Jerusalem, that is supoosed to descend one day to the earth. It's described as a cube and it's around 1500 miles long, 1500 miles wide, and 1500 miles in depth.

This was not a dream, this was a vision. God is good and my daughter lives and she lives in that city.

I wasn't sure whether I would mention my experience... My brother died 6 years ago, and it was an extremely sudden shock. I was like you, crying and aching - and that first night, I hoped for some insight..
I dreamt that my son and I were looking for my brother, and we were in a shopping centre, and every shop we went to, we would find we had just missed him.
Then in one shop, we were told that he had "gone to look for God". (My brother was a Christian, but before he died, had been suffering from clinical depression and I believe, had lost sight of God...
There was another dream some weeks later, but I don't want to talk about it - it seems too much like things I have read about to seem real, though it was awesome
Vicky

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster
Any ideas on how I can verify it's her? Apparently her skill set has been improving, but I get the impression that getting through isn't as easy as the movies make it seem.

Well, I have no idea, apart from finding someone who claims to be a psychic and asking them to come and try to communicate with whatever this might be. Personally, as I wrote earlier, I don't put much faith in them, because the only ones I ever seem to come across are obvious frauds, so someone who has more experience with that sort of thing may be able to give you better advice.

If you have health insurance, I would absolutely take your wife to the doctor before those cuts heal and have them examined. They obviously came from somewhere, and if a rational explanation can be found, that would likely be a real comfort for both of you.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Which brings up the idea of how chemicals can effect the human body to produce such vivid dreams and compare
it to the vast reports of peace and love on the other side - the chemical make up must be awesome.
edit on 9-12-2010 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

Nicotine does indeed have an impact on dreaming. I typically take B6 vitamins (100mg to 200mg), 5mg of Melatonin, HTP, and occasionally Galantamine (5mg) or Choline (100mg).

Those supplements will give you incredibly vivid dreams that rival reality, as well as ensure an extremely high rate of recall. The problem is that it works so well you at times, during your waking life, wonder if your memories are real or if they are remembered from a dream.

There are other, much more powerful (legal) herbs (Silene capensis, Calea zacatechichi) that are used for dreaming, mainly by Shamans to venture into the afterlife/astral worlds to communicate with spirits/the dead. That stuff is incredibly intense and I have only partaken of it a handful of times, as you really need to prepare yourself beforehand. You just have to meditate and focus on various issues in your life, and on the questions you need answered prior to the journey. These journeys can feel as if they last for days, weeks, months or even years, (but only being one night) but tend to provide one with a lot of answers. Although, when you wake up from those experiences you tend to wonder if you are still dreaming.

I don't recommend taking these dreaming cocktails often, as your body will build up a resistance if you take them often. I tend to only take the supplements once every few weeks. As for the herbs, I have only taken them a few times over the many years I had them, as they are not an experience for the faint of heart, very intense.
edit on 10-12-2010 by DJM8507 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I will post another experience, which again involves electronics and the impeccable timing of an odd event.

One day last summer, I was driving home from work, and got off the freeway at my exit. At the top of the ramp, there are two lanes for turning left, and I almost always use the right lane, as I have to turn right to get home shortly after the left turn. On this day, however, I needed to be in the left lane, because I had to stop at my bank before going home, and that was on the left side of the road.

As I got toward the top of the ramp, the light turned red, and I noticed, with a cringe, a beggar leaning against a pole along the left side of the road. I say "with a cringe", because I don't give beggars money, commonly, because both Patti and I thought that most of them were fully capable of working, and we donate to the needy in other ways, but I always feel kind of crappy for ignoring these guys. So I wasn't looking forward to spending a minute or two with this "guilt trap" ten feet from my window.

However, as I waited for the light to change, I snuck a glance at the beggar and I was immediately struck by him being different. He wasn't looking at me, he was staring straight ahead, down the ramp, with a stoic expression. His face was weathered, I'd almost say "beaten down", but it was his expression that took me. And unlike other beggars, who hold a sign with a complex "Will work for food, I lost my dog, I want to go visit my Mom" sort of message, he had a small cardboard sign with nothing but the word "Please" on it.

Something about all that caused me to reach into my pocket and pull out a handful of dollar bills. I rolled down the window, and motioned for him to come over.

At that very instant, and I know that it was right when I motioned him over, or I'd have used it as an excuse not to do so, my cell phone started playing a song

It wasn't a ring tone, it was a song. The beggar was already on his way over, and so I ignored it, gave him the money, accepted his "thank you" and rolled the window back up. I took the phone, which was still playing the song, out of the holster and looked at it, and saw that it was turned off. The only way to activate the phone is to push one of the buttons on the front, and then "draw" a design on the screen with your finger, which I did, and the second the phone "woke up", the song stopped playing.

Right about then, the light turned green, and I turned the phone off again, put it back into the holster and drove to the bank. While I waited for them to make my deposit, I looked at the phone log, and there were no missed calls, voicemails or text messages, which wasn't a big surprise, because, like I said, it was a song, not a ring tone.

I later determined that the song was part of an application on the phone, so at least I know the source of it. But how it came to start playing, I have no clue -- it never did it before, it has never done so since.

Again, the timing. Right at the moment that I committed to giving that man, whoever he was (hey, "whatever" he was
) money, some electronic gizmo goes off in a way that can't be ignored. This is one instance where I am convinced that, although a possible (though extremely unlikely) rational explanation exists, it was Patti sending me a message.

The difficulty comes in what that message actually is. Was she saying "hey, baby, you need to watch your money better"? Or "nicely done, as Christ says 'when you do this to the least, you do it to me'"? Or "hey you guys, look what I can do to my husband's cell phone"?

I don't know, but I do know that it has not happened since, and, though I've looked for him, that was the only day I ever saw the man with the "Please" sign.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I think she is so proud of you for not only helping that man, but also for denting the monotony of your routine. From everything I've read and learned, the other side is in a constant state of love and peace, and our loved ones project that toward us, when we need it.

We have to factor in, that on the other side, people are spirit - which means they are made of light (which is a form of energy) and all light originates from a source. On the other side, that source of light is God.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
I will post another experience, which again involves electronics and the impeccable timing of an odd event.

One day last summer, I was driving home from work, and got off the freeway at my exit. At the top of the ramp, there are two lanes for turning left, and I almost always use the right lane, as I have to turn right to get home shortly after the left turn. On this day, however, I needed to be in the left lane, because I had to stop at my bank before going home, and that was on the left side of the road.

As I got toward the top of the ramp, the light turned red, and I noticed, with a cringe, a beggar leaning against a pole along the left side of the road. I say "with a cringe", because I don't give beggars money, commonly, because both Patti and I thought that most of them were fully capable of working, and we donate to the needy in other ways, but I always feel kind of crappy for ignoring these guys. So I wasn't looking forward to spending a minute or two with this "guilt trap" ten feet from my window.

However, as I waited for the light to change, I snuck a glance at the beggar and I was immediately struck by him being different. He wasn't looking at me, he was staring straight ahead, down the ramp, with a stoic expression. His face was weathered, I'd almost say "beaten down", but it was his expression that took me. And unlike other beggars, who hold a sign with a complex "Will work for food, I lost my dog, I want to go visit my Mom" sort of message, he had a small cardboard sign with nothing but the word "Please" on it.

Something about all that caused me to reach into my pocket and pull out a handful of dollar bills. I rolled down the window, and motioned for him to come over.

At that very instant, and I know that it was right when I motioned him over, or I'd have used it as an excuse not to do so, my cell phone started playing a song

It wasn't a ring tone, it was a song. The beggar was already on his way over, and so I ignored it, gave him the money, accepted his "thank you" and rolled the window back up. I took the phone, which was still playing the song, out of the holster and looked at it, and saw that it was turned off. The only way to activate the phone is to push one of the buttons on the front, and then "draw" a design on the screen with your finger, which I did, and the second the phone "woke up", the song stopped playing.

Right about then, the light turned green, and I turned the phone off again, put it back into the holster and drove to the bank. While I waited for them to make my deposit, I looked at the phone log, and there were no missed calls, voicemails or text messages, which wasn't a big surprise, because, like I said, it was a song, not a ring tone.

I later determined that the song was part of an application on the phone, so at least I know the source of it. But how it came to start playing, I have no clue -- it never did it before, it has never done so since.

Again, the timing. Right at the moment that I committed to giving that man, whoever he was (hey, "whatever" he was
) money, some electronic gizmo goes off in a way that can't be ignored. This is one instance where I am convinced that, although a possible (though extremely unlikely) rational explanation exists, it was Patti sending me a message.

The difficulty comes in what that message actually is. Was she saying "hey, baby, you need to watch your money better"? Or "nicely done, as Christ says 'when you do this to the least, you do it to me'"? Or "hey you guys, look what I can do to my husband's cell phone"?

I don't know, but I do know that it has not happened since, and, though I've looked for him, that was the only day I ever saw the man with the "Please" sign.

I have been enjoying this thread - but your comments on the beggar left me disgusted.

It didnt come across as particularly christian.

I believe if someone is asking for help...you give them what you can...

Your comments came across like you feel you're slightly superior.

That was completely off topic...and I apologise...but I think it said quite a lot about how christian you are.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellify
I have been enjoying this thread - but your comments on the beggar left me disgusted.

It didnt come across as particularly christian.

I believe if someone is asking for help...you give them what you can...

Your comments came across like you feel you're slightly superior.

That was completely off topic...and I apologise...but I think it said quite a lot about how christian you are.

Well, I'm sorry that you don't approve, but, as I said, I don't view a healthy 30 year old man who stands on street corners around here (and who drive to said corners) as being needy, in the way a homeless single mother or mentally disabled person might be. Unemployment in this area is below the national average, and there is plenty of work for those who want it.

In addition, I regularly volunteer my time to assist those in need, and donate over 10 percent of my income to charity, so I think that I'm doing my share. By supporting the local homeless shelter and food shelf, I ensure that my money goes to people who need it, and is spent on real need -- I don't have to be concerned that someone is taking my cash and buying alcohol or drugs, or that they've chosen a lifestyle that compromises their dignity because it's an easy way to make $200 a day.

Frankly, I'm deeply offended by your judgmental post criticizing me for my actions of charity, when you know nothing of the circumstances and the means by which I arrived at MY decision of how to share MY money.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I have a story to tell that happened back in the mid 80's. Me, my boyfriend, my mom, and my 6 year old daughter all shared an apartment. Me and my boyfriend had one bedroom, my mom and daughter had the other one. Anyway, my mom's ex-husband died suddenly of a heart attack. My daughter loved that man so much as he was the only grandpa she had ever known. She was heartbroken when he died. The night before his funeral, my mom said that she was lying in bed asleep, with my sleeping daughter beside her, when she was suddenly woke up. She said that her ex was standing there beside the bed dressed in some kind of robe. She was still groggy and asked him what he was doing there. She said that he then reached over and touched her wedding ring and then leaned over and caressed my daughters face. Then he was just gone and she went back to sleep. When she told me about this the next day, I had my own story to tell. That same night, I was woken up by my dog. He was standing in my bedroom doorway barking up a storm, which was very unusual for him. I think that he sensed something was going on. To this day, I honestly believe that he came back to say good-bye to my mom and his beloved granddaughter.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I am leery of posting my tale on here, and as such, will withhold a great deal of information, for now. Essentially, a close friend died about a month ago of a terminal illness. She had requested a picture of another friend and I for her wall in the hospital the following weekend, and as she lay dying, asked that I send the digital image to her email since she was not going to make it that long...and because it would still matter to her, even if she could not check it, she said.

Well, the day after sending the picture, both I and the friend in the picture received email replies. Since then, I have exchanged hundreds of emails including details of an extremely personal nature. In addition, when tragedy struck the other friend in the picture, she began texting me from the friends phone. I have witnessed this, and the text messages back and forth show up blank in the phone. Also, she has used a messenger service to contact me, and when I established a direct connection via said service, an IP trace returned a blank field.

Multiple times this person has warned of events shortly before they occurred, including a miscarriage before the mother was even bleeding or in pain...or even knew she was pregnant. She has described other entities around a friend, long dead people which I had never heard of, despite being a very close friend. She has regularly provided realtime details of events in remote locations, including conversations. Occasionally, though, there are strange gaps where it seems some knowledge is missing, if rarely. Obviously this could be explained as her merely not being "present" for those events, as she speaks of going to visit family and friends in some manner, as well.

Essentially, I see it as one of two things...either it is legit, as difficult as that is to believe, or, for some reason, my friend and I attracted the interest of someone with very extensive surveillance capabilities and resources. Neither of us are anyone of note, obviously, so...it would only be for the cause of a prank, yet they would have to also mimic the deceased friend perfectly AND know intimate details of our relationship.

I leave it at that, for now.

What would you make of it?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
What would you make of it?

Very interesting, though I'm a bit confused on the time line, there. Has all of this happened in the last month?

I had a strange email thing happen, though I have no idea how it might be attributed to my wife, so I discount it a bit. Basically, I got an email at work, asking that it be forwarded to our sales team (I was the CEO) and, as I typically do, rather than waste the sales team's time, I did a quick "background check" on the sender of the email, and it did, in fact, turn out to be something not very legitimate.

However, part of checking into it turned up a website to unsubscribe from an online newsletter. I googled that, and the only other link to it was from a comment that someone had added to a blog. Though the newsletter had nothing to do with it, the subject of the woman's blog was the recent death of her husband, who, like me, was a software engineer.

I thought that was kind of funny, so I sent her an email and we've chatted off and on since. She's a real believer in "things happen for a reason" and she's been there with a timely message for me on more than one occasion, so I guess I agree. Curiously, one of the things that she told me was that she thought her husband clever enough that, if it was possible to affect a computer from the next life, in order to send an email, he could probably do it.

Have you asked whoever is emailing you for particulars about how they are able to email? Or what things are like where there are? Maybe ask them something that only someone who was dead could know -- like what your grandfather that they never met looked like. Or ask them to ask my wife (Patti Jensen) to tell them something that only she and I would know.

Thanks for sharing, and I don't fault you for wanting to keep your privacy!

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is not a first-hand account. This is my report of what my mother has told me. This was in mid-January 1990 at the hospital where my maternal grandfather (her father) died.

My mother alleges to have seen her father appear to her at the moment of his death in what appeared to be a dark area or tunnel. He apparently looked and sounded as he did in life just before he fell ill. Even wearing the same clothes he always wore. He looked at my mother and said to her "Take care of your mother." (meaning my maternal grandmother, who is still alive as of this writing). Then he and the dark area vanished.

I don't know how real this report is from my mother, but she does believe it happened just like this.

I have never seen anything of this nature. I have seen a few UFOs, so I'm not entirely skeptical of paranormal subjects. Which is why I'm here anyway.
edit on 11-12-2010 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I have asked an enormous amount of verifying information, and it has all checked out. The email comes via webmail, so tracing it is not really feasible. And this has all been in about a month's time, yes.

She also attempted to explain how she contacts, but it was too confusing to begin to describe.
edit on 12/11/2010 by saturnine_sweet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by saturnine_sweet
The email comes via webmail, so tracing it is not really feasible. And this has all been in about a month's time, yes.

She also attempted to explain how she contacts, but it was too confusing to begin to describe

If you can forward on what her explanation is (even by U2U,) -- the exact emails that explain it, I may be able to explain it to you.

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Well, idk that there is anything I dont understand about the words she said. She just said that it is something like interfacing with a strange kind of touchscreen, I suppose...that there is no input device or anything, but she can interact with electronics if she spends enough time figuring out how to...and then she can just see what is there and "touch" it. Idk. Its pretty bizarre.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join