It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Unification Through Understanding Spiritual Relativity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hello, and may I sincerely wish you all Peace, every single one of you.

Message to Christians, Muslims, and those whom it may concern

Here's the thing, I don't claim to be all high and mighty, nor do I assume I am holier than thou. But come on Cristians and Muslims... are we all fellow humans or what?! Why must you insist on viewing those with different views than yourself as needing to be converted or condemned to the Hell Fire? Or not even on equal footing as yourself? I'm talking about PURE equal footing! Not that, "I feel empathy, I love you, I'll help you 100%, but you are still going to Hell" bull crap!

Please, please, please think about it! Would an All Loving, All Merciful, All Knowing, and All Powerful God really want us separated and fighting? My dad feels pain and my mother cries when their children fight... they don't encourage the son that is more correct to fight against the son that is incorrect... they stop the fighting with sincere love, they talk sense into both of them in the way each one understands... and they create Peace. If God is All Loving why does he command killing, oppression, and eternal fire? Is He less loving than my parents?! I do not wish torment on anyone except the child molester, rapist, and murderer... does this make me more loving than God?

What do I believe? Boy, it would take a book to explain what's floating through my head, but I used to be a Christian, used to be a Muslim, and still agree and follow some things from both. I fully understand the mentality of the religious faith you guys have. I am sincere, I really was whole hearted into the Bible, then later the Qur'an.

Go ahead and label me as a non-believer, lead astray, misguided, or an apostate, or a kafir!!! What does that make you want to do brother Muslim, kill me? You are supposed to kill the apostates! Your All Loving God wants me beheaded, when all I am trying to do is understand life, be a good person, and find unity with my fellow humans! Or my Christian sister... you want me to burn in eternal Hell? All I am trying to do is work, pay my bills, pay my taxes, write to my elected officials, research interesting stuff, and through that I'm trying so hard to be pious, humble, thankful for life, respectful, courteous, smile at strangers, help my family, love the animals and respect nature.

I'm not murdering, stealing, abusing, fighting, or hurting anyone! I sincerely love my fellow human, each one of you. I follow morals according to your very books my brother Christian and Muslim. I try very hard to offend no one, and help anyone. I don't gossip, or hate, or envy. I love life, I love my fellow humans, and I love the universe. I'm thankful for it all.

My Experience With God

I started seeking spirituality first in Christianity. Wow it felt so good to be filled with the Holy Spirit! It was such a feeling of relief from burden when I asked Jesus into my heart. I felt like a new person after my baptism. Everyday was filled with so much Hope and Comfort, knowing my Father had prepared a place for me in Heaven. I truly felt the Lord's presence in my life.

I began to question and loose faith in Christianity upon my further studies and research. I was so afraid at that moment in my life. I fasted and I prayed desperately, begging God to help me, guide me, and never let me down.

Then I discovered Islam. Upon reading from the Qur'an, my heart felt at ease. I felt the same love from My Father who art in Heaven within Islam. It was the guidance I was begging for! In this new religion of Islam, I found God again. I had a personal relationship with God as a Christian, I know who God is. He took my hand, led me to Islam, and told me His name was Allah. Islam felt so great. I felt empowered. I learned discipline, commitment, self control, and so much more. Allah built me into a mentally, physically, and spiritually strong man. Allah gave me courage and He gave me knowledge. There was no need to cry on God's shoulders anymore because He taught me realism combined with spirituality. I loved Allah and He loved me.

Next I started to study some New Age and philosophical beliefs. I talked to God as if I was a tiny piece of God. He talked back. We were One. I felt like I could open His diary and read what I wanted from it.
Later, I understood my creator to be the Universe. I listened to it and was enlightened by it. I learned to respect all of existence as some relative form of sentient being. Learned appreciation for each insect, tree, flower, and animal as a living creature.
Then I felt I was a sovereign creator. I used conscious awareness to manifest my reality. I spent even more time in meditation and inward reflection.
Then I looked at all of existence as a single, interconnected fabric, force, chi, matrix. Absolute Unity. Things made sense that way. And then understood God to be everything. God is simply everything... the wind and the air, the rock, the star, the empty space, every atom and subatomic particle.... It all unifies into the infinite collective that is God.

Conclusion, Point Being:

Everywhere I searched, every ideology, belief, or understanding I followed, and every name or concept I put on God, it always reacted and interacted with me the same way. Talking to Jesus, Allah, Myself, The Universe, Infinite Unity, Chi Force, God, Matrix, or any other concept I understood was always a conversation with the same thing. I'm willing to put full certainty that any other path or concept I follow with sincerity will also be an interaction, communication, and experience with this same thing.

My conclusion is that every single belief, understanding, or truth your heart adheres to will be truly real for you. And every single belief, understanding, or truth of someone else will be real for them. Truth is relative. Make Jesus your truth with sincerity, it will manifest as truth in your life. Same goes for any other belief system you adhere to. Every religion, philosophy, and understanding when followed with sincerity becomes truth, relative to the individual. Everyone's path is different, and Everyone's path is the right path for them.

What have I learned?

• The Golden Rule: Treat others as you want to be treated. Seriously, seriously. We're talking human unity, acceptance and indifference, empathy, caring, love, patience, respect, and understanding.
• Karma: You reap what you sow. What goes around comes around. Cultivate positiveness in life.
• Relativity: Everything is Relative to an individual. Emotions, desires, outlooks, expectations, beliefs, understandings, opinions, experience, and truths are all extremely relative to each individual.
• Will Power and/or Belief: Will Power and Belief drives all things. Action, emotion, thought, invention, manifestation, and creation.
• To you be your Path, and to me be mine.

Hope and Intention

That every person follows whatever path or belief that gives them strength, understanding, comfort, and helps make them a better person. Don't try to convert or condemn a person's life, afterlife, or belief, especially if they bring no harm to themselves or others. Do not let your beliefs fool you into superiority. Do not harm others, do not harm yourself, and live in unity with all of existence. Live and let live.

May Peace and Blessings be upon you all.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
True Christianity will always set aside the letter of the law for the heart of the law, and is therefore always and forever willing, to bracket the self, for the sake of everyone's best interest. It is a keystone in the royal arch of the love of God, and the cement and the structure which supports it, and on this bridge, everyone may freely come and go, since at core, it's REALLY an all-inclusive proposition Christniaty is. Through the great work all are forgiven, and we who've been forgiven must therefore forgive more, who've been loved, love more. The love of the brotherhood of man, that IS Christ-like, and that is our calling and our creed. Thus Christians need no longer win converts according to belief, but by their love for all people, and by recognizing that in the fullness of all time and history, that we are all God's children, and that none of us can be the judge. As a Christian, I imagine this bridge of God from heaven to mankind, as an invisible bridge and gateway or door which is still there, whether anyone believes in it or not. After all, didn't the Lord himself say, from the position of the cross "forgive them father for they know not what they do" which presumably, was directed towards the very people who conspired to see him hanging there. They did not believe in him, his words, or his fine character, but they were forgiven, the work was completed ie: not conditional, but one of unconditional love for all humanity, like a glorious table set for man to come and take his place in the kingdom of heaven realized and made manifest Christ himself (enjoyed) the food.

People need not understand Christianity, to recieve the fullness of what Christian love has to offer, and Christianity is just a word, when the spirit of the word is the only word that counts.

There is no mutually exclusive paradox here, is what I'm saying. Jesus himself already resolved it in the fullness of time and history, so that the only thing that really matters, is his love. "I have only one commandment - "Love one another as I have loved you."

It is simple, but a LOT of people out there don't even have the first clue, as to the meaning or the significance, they assume.
edit on 9-12-2010 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Beautiful post my friend.

S&F

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
There was quite a few times where my "You're going off the deep-end" meter nearly went off in the first two paragraphs, but it was a great read. The problem I saw was the fact you stated "religion god instilled realism" into you.

This path you've taken pretty much parallel mine. The only difference was the fact I didn't follow Muslim or any other religion besides christianity. After I left christianity, I was greeted with revelations after revelations of truths that really resonated with me and find myself surprise of how interconnected it is to my daily life. "Spiritual relativity" or "The Law of One" is something I see as the initial step towards humanity truly understanding each other and through this the will of encouraging peace amongst each other would ensue and be stronger. To imagine each person looking at each other and recognizing the creator within otherselves and their connection to existence is a profound ideal to me because it ultimately would solve many problems humanity have with each other and earth.

It's the ultimate way to bring upon world peace.

I enjoyed the read.
edit on 9-12-2010 by GrandKitaro777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
My brother, you have provided ATS with a wonderful, well rounded thread. It seems that the New Age movement was the last step into understanding that the connection is always really there despite what you or anyone decides to call God. The thing is... many people out there will still continue to bash one another due to religious differences. There will still be that sense of doubt in your brother because he believes in GOD in a different form. For some reason folks feel they must convert others, its ridiculous. All I am going to say is that I found GOD through what Terrence Mckenna was talking about and ever since then, I've had an extraordinary connection with the universe.

Keep in mind, i never opened up the bible in my life. I've never opened up genesis or any of the other books. I am still looked down by certain Christians because I believe in the same GOD, yet practice meditation and Astral Projection. One thing i have personally learned from some Christians, is that they don't know what any of their biblical stories or phrases even mean. They put nothing to practice and use quotes from the good book when its convenient. A lot of them also believe that NO ONE is or will ever be as perfect as Jesus.

I try to explain to them... I know in my heart, Jesus didn't want you to follow him like a sheeple. He wanted you right by his side, with an open mind, so you could experience what Christ status was like. The bible speaks about resurrections, fungi, you know the typical witch doctor stuff, yet apparently, no one else here on earth is allowed to do what Jesus was able to do because its Demonic. That is where my hatred towards religion begins. The hypocrisy, negative conviction, and willful ignorance just destroys me.

First of all, anything done under the sun... as long as it's not a blood sacrifice is completely natural. If a person had an out of body experience when he was young, and it happened accidentally, does that mean that person is demonic? Of course not, but you try explaining that to some of the folks I've talk to and they go haywire. Apparently, some of them even suggest that Dinosaur bones where put here by God to test their Christian faith. What crock of disinformation is that? Apparently some Christian folks are also not capable of understanding anatomy and that all human beings, including themselves have a third eye within their brains called the pineal gland.

It's sad, however... the cycle will continue because parents will be parents and indoctrinate their children in a belief system of ignorance, and its sad, very sad. Here is how religion should work... Link it up with science, meditation and call it a day. The bible, all these books, are a thing of the past. They divide us into a bunch of categories when in the end we are all human beings. We are all capable of destroying, we are all capable of loving. Whats the big deal? We should be celebrating Unity! I for one support the coming of the new age movement despite this Maitreya puppet that will come about. I know in my heart, mind, and soul that god left a piece of him in each of our bodies for us to find and explore.

To quote Bring Me The Horizon; I am the Ocean, I am the Sea, There is a World inside of Me.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by drkid

It's a simple problem of ignorance and stupidity, and to a large degree I blame the Roman Catholic Church, which plunged humanity into a dark age, and who's aim it would seem is to PREVENT, not foster the Christ-mind realization in the world, and that's a big sin as far as Jesus was concerned, those who neither enter in themselves or allow others to enter.

I agree with you, and I am a lover of Christ.

The problem there resides in what might be called "Churchianity", and they even have their own doctrines on things not even addressed or intended by Jesus. It's absurd!

Nevertheless, this was not sufficient to turn me away from the rose in the center of all the thorns.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Thank you for the OP...your effort to rise above mere doctrine and rhetoric is so refreshing. One thing that struck me right off the bat were your comments about the relativity of Truth. I was thinking early this a.m. about this exact thing, and I concluded that it isn't that Truth is relative, but that as individuals we are relative to Truth. Our understanding depends on where we are Spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. We seem to be infinite beings trapped in finite bodies. I'm not sure we can find enlightenment unless we seek it, and except for one caveat, I'm not sure we can find God unless we seek Him. That caveat is that sometimes God looks for us! Have you ever noticed that some people are always thinking about God, while others would rather watch grass grow instead? Could those in the first group be the ones God chose as His Own before the foundation of the Earth? I'll leave the discussion of this idea to others. The idea being is that He chose us instead of us choosing Him. This is humbling. All I can do as one individual is to focus on eliminating sin from my life ("Go and sin no more"), and Pray that He will help me in my desire to have a pure heart. What's in our hearts is much more important than any pious thought or desire. Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Max Heindel wrote:

"The religion miscalled Christianity has therefore been the bloodiest religion known, not excepting Mohammedanism, which in this respect is somewhat akin to our malpracticed Christianity. On the battle field and in the Inquisition innumerable and unspeakable atrocities have been committed in the name of the gentle Nazarene. The Sword and the Wine Cup--the perverted Cross and Communion Chalice--have been the means by which the more powerful of the so-called Christian nations gained supremacy over the heathen peoples, and even over other but weaker nations professing the same faith as their conquerors. "The most cursory reading of the history of the Greco-Latin, Teutonic and Anglo-Saxon Races will corroborate this."

I don't give these two religions very high marks. I suggest you research what has happened to the The Bahá’í Faith at the hands of Islam.

The real movement should sum up sacrifice... That and the fact reality is a product of mass. Mass being the equivalent of compressed energy. One then comes to the natural realization we're all united by the same force.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I don't want you to go to hell. I don't want to go to hell either. I hope indeed that there is no hell. But hell just possibly be true, since I have had personal evidence that the crucifixion is true and that Jesus is indeed divine. If those are parts of the scriptures are true and accurate then it's possible for the unsavory things to be true as well.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Well done my friend!

Keep the light lit and never, ever, hide it under a bushel.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Beautiful reply brother.
I wish more followers of Jesus held the same belief you illustrated in your post.
All too often I see the religious holding their heads high and looking down on others. Not for the sake of character or morality, but simply for doctrine's sake.
I wish to see a world where upright moral character trumps religion.
But I do believe all religions and beliefs are real. Real to the individual.
All should follow the religion, philosophy, or belief that gives them strength, courage, wisdom, understanding, and comfort.
But all should sincerely and truly accept another person's path towards righteousness and enlightenment.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Thank you friend

I was motivated to post this thread to fight the disunity I see some religious people cultivating in the world.
I have followed different beliefs with sincerity and all were experiences with the same god and/or power.
This has made me fully believe that any belief followed with sincerity leads to the same path. That each path is moved by the same force whether we know it or not.

Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Metaphysics, New Age and Ancient Beliefs, Earth worship, Ancestor worship, Spirit worship, and every sincere belief known to mankind is striving towards the same energy, the same force, the same god.

With this understanding, we could tear down the walls of religious separation.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandKitaro777

Haha, yeah, the beginning was a bit of a frustrated rant. Glad you continued to the end to see what points I was trying to stress.

Regarding "God instilling realism": Well, as a Christian, the belief is pretty euphoric. You feel jubilant, you feel worry free, you feel high. I was taught to turn to god for everything. This belief left me somewhat... a passive crybaby. Like a little child forever and constantly in an emotional state and seeking Father's help. This may not be how all Christians feel, but it is how I felt.
So breaking away from Christianity showed me to seek Guidance, but to work my own way through obstacles as best as I can. Become a stronger, more emotionally independent believer. Hope this makes sense.

I fully believe spiritual relativity will bring about more unity than any one religion. I hope for this day, when mankind is held to character integrity instead of separation through religion. When each human can walk next to another human and truly be brothers/sisters.

Righteousness is righteousness, no matter how a different religion explains it.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drkid

Wow, thanks for the compliment! This thread is nothing more than my humble attept to express the need for mankind to truly unite. Religion is a beautiful tool for guidance, enlightenment, and understanding. It is just very sad that many people use religion as a political, economic, or military weapon. Very sad that within the wonderful teachings is a motivator to separate people into Believers vs Non-Believers. Love is Love, Understanding is Understanding, and Unity is Unity no matter what belief delivered the message.

It frustrates me that religion is so exclusive.
Since meditation or any other techniques were not taught by Jesus or Muhammad, it is against God.
If a belief goes against doctrine or dogma, it must be blasphemous.
If one does not adhere to a religion, one must be evil and is outcast as a non-believer. Condemned to hell.
Religion is meant to be a unifier... but where is the unity in believer vs non-believer categorization?

I loved your explanation of Jesus and sharing his Christ status.
I view Jesus in the same light I view Gandhi; A poor righteous teacher.
These great men of Peace were spreading love and unity... not separation through faith.

May Peace be upon you my brother.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by deadred

We as individuals are relative to the truth...
Your take on it has given me something to think about.
You could very well be right!
Whether Truth is relative, or if we are relative to the Truth, the principle still remains the same... that Truth is different and unique to each individual. At least, this is my understanding.

It's nice to think that my searching, my seeking... is in some way a sign that I was chosen for something.
I don't know the cause of my desire to find enlightenment, but I feel in my heart it is the right path.
I feel that unity with my fellow humans... love, acceptance, indifference, and understanding is the root of religion and philosophy. That, along with personal betterment and leading a morally upright life.
Ever since I've left "religion" I feel spiritually liberated. I feel free from the Fear and separation religion cultivates. At the same time, I feel more in touch with my spirituality than ever before.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

I've only touched on mere basics of the Bahá’í faith.
But as an ex Islamic Fundamentalist, I can imagine the actions and reactions of Muslims to the Bahá’í.
Murder and oppression are sanctioned in the name of religious blasphemy... but I do not believe this is what any All Knowing, All Powerful, All Merciful, and All Loving God would want.
The more we humans separate into religion, the less Love is going around.
It's not righteousness to Love those of your same belief, while oppressing or separating from those of different beliefs. I see no humanity, unity, or love in this.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I don't want to go to Hell Fire either.
Since I do not wish torment on any besides the murderer, rapist, or child molester... I do not believe any All Knowing, All Powerful, All Merciful, and All Loving God would torment me for lack of religion.
If I as a mere mortal human can have this mercy, I believe God would have so much more.
To live a morally upright life with genuine and sincere unity with human kind and nature is better than any religion or doctrine. My opinion, but my truth.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Even I don't believe in anything, I find this thread to be a good call

That said, the thought is nice but I have to ask whether it is in vain? Because most "believers" know this, they don't seperate between religions, but rather accept various views and different beliefs. It seems as if it is the loudest minority that screams separation, judgement and hate.

Sadly enough, this loudest voices are ones that echoes furthest and it will always find someone who turns one's ear to it. And these hate breeders (which I justly call them) place great effort and enegy to make their voice to be heard. We can only hope, that their effort is vain and their hatred is left without resonance.

-v
edit on 21-12-2010 by v01i0 because: 2345

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Hello, Peace to you!
I will keep light. The same light that I had during every belief system is the same I have today. I'm doing my best according to what I understand.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

Hello, thanks for stopping by xD
May Peace be upon you.

The religious separation I speak of is the earthly and spiritually.
Perhaps we can say the minority on either side are the hateful.
But as for the spiritual, how many Christians or Muslims are willing to say that Buddhists will go to Heaven for being a morally upright Buddhist? Which Muslim will say a worshipper of the spirits of mother earth will eat of the fruits of Paradise? Is there equal status after death for both a Believer or one who say, "There is no Allah and Jesus is a mortal man,"? Even if this non-believer never committed any major sin and was a pillar of his community in every way, but yet was an atheist?

This spiritual separation; Believer / Non-Believer with Heaven / Hell is enough for earthly separation. "I'm going to Heaven, you're going to hell, I'm different than you, you should be like me so you can go to heaven." It's like a separation of religious superiority. The mental separation is still there, which is a hinderance to true human unity and brotherly understanding.

But if this is only applicable to minority extremists from any belief system, then it's aimed at them. When I was an adherent of religion, I was judgmental to non-believers. It was a hinderance to me for spiritual equality. Perhaps this is my way of righting my wrongs, in hopes no one follows in those views I once had. I know today we are really, truly equal. Our hearts and character count more than anything, not religion or belief. Our thoughts, our words, and our actions have more bearing than any single belief system.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join