It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time: Why WikiLeaks Is Winning Its Info War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Time: Why WikiLeaks Is Winning Its Info War

www.time.com

There was a time when WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange's voluntary surrender to the British authorities might have put an end to the crisis created by the Internet provocateur's dissemination of tens of thousands of state secrets. But in the upside-down world of transnational crowdsourcing unleashed by WikiLeaks, in which thousands of activists around the globe can be rallied to defend and extend its work, Assange's arrest is a win, not a loss, for his organization.

The asymmetrical info...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
New restrictions on downloading media have been imposed over the past six months, restoring the restrictions that existed before the leaks. That may be one victory for the U.S. in its attempts to fight WikiLeaks. Meanwhile, Assange's lawyer said Tuesday that a new editor in chief of WikiLeaks would step in during Assange's absence.

The first real infowar in the history.

www.time.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 8-12-2010 by RUSSO because: Free assange

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes, Wikileaks will go on and continue it's fight for freedom, but I fear Mr Assange's days are numbered.

He will probably never get the chance to, or want to have sex again. A pawn with few moves left who will not be given the chance to emerge into a world where he would be seen as a hero but cannot be" dissappeared" to become a martyr.

Abducted by his secret aliens maybe.

Whatever happens, this is a turning point. I don't like it one bit.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Yes, Wikileaks will go on and continue it's fight for freedom, but I fear Mr Assange's days are numbered.

I really hope not.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Good find.

I agree with Time - and hope people will get a grip and a perspective on this one. ...WikiLeaks is not causing trouble - just identifying it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I highly doubt that this is it for Assange.

The game has truly changed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
The only reason, and I do mean the only reason. I (and I think many more American's) support Wikileaks, is… my government has, and is, completely ignoring the Constitution. Nineteen non Americans flew 3 planes into three buildings and one into the ground in Pennsylvania… and because of that… now every single American is guilty until proven innocent. Because of that attack, our rights and our privacy have been taken away. Because 19 non Americans committed a crime, so now every American is being held hostage by our government. 100 percent of the country is being treated like terrorists because we believe in the Constitution. 100 percent of Americans are being treated like terrorists under 24/7 surveillance, because we believe in Freedom. 100 percent of Americans have been told we have no right to stand for our rights to be free, because they demand safety is first. People in government have the right to read my emails without asking me or a judge. People in government have the right to tap my phones and grab my balls without telling me what my crime is. There are over fifty Fusion Centers creating a file on 100 percent of Americans deciding who might be naughty while denying 99.99 percent of the world would never harm anyone who is innocent. Yet 100 percent of us are guilty and treated as such by 100 percent of our government. Well if I can't have privacy, then screw the government. You are below the people not above us, and by god, I hope like hell Wikileaks has information that will force WE THE PEOPLE to send you bastards to prison or straight to hell.

If we still had our freedoms, I would be against this release... But seeing how I can't have privacy simply because some dumbass says I don't deserve it... then I'm just giddy there is some other dumbass saying the government doesn't deserve to have privacy either. I just love the fact these people in government get to feel just as helpless as its citizens… And I will do everything I can to make sure when it's released everyone I know has a copy. Two wrongs don't make a right... but sometimes, turn about is not only fair play, it puts a big ass smile on your face... this is one of those times.

--Charles Marcello

edit on 8-12-2010 by littlebunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Loved this comment

"I would think that in light of the TSA fracas we should all see a good bit of humor in the spectacle of our government officials feeling so probed, exposed, stripped naked, violated, embarrassed, humiliated, and angry. We should welcome them to the world of their citizens. WikiLeaks is sort of a People's TSA."

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gnostician

SFY.

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by littlebunny

What you said.

Low tide is about to hit high ground.

ZG

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link