It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how is it u can smell your own farts but not other peoples?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
this has always bothered me, that if u fart u can basque in it, smell it, enjoy it even and sometimes laugh at the smell, but if someone else farts u cant stomach it?

me and my bf both farted at the same time in bed the other night and we couldnt destinguish whos fart we were smelling but we could both tolerate the smell, yet if it was just him that had farted i wud have been gagging.

is it the smell or is it all pshycological?

what u reckon?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

I reckon you need to pull your head out of the dutch oven and breath more oxygen.

I think people are offended by other peoples farts period. They get offended and automaticaly think that the fart is worst then theirs.

"My beef is strong..."

"Your beef is wrong..."

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i have no idea. but it is probably worthy of further scientific study. It might be some kind of survival instinct we have left over
you know you dont eat/touch other peoples poop and you live..not saying to do that with own poop..

im gonna stop typing now..
edit on 8-12-2010 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
hahaha lmao !

We are really delving into the gritty stuff now!

But i see your point ! yeah cant beat the smell of your own but other peoples make you wrech!!

That said it can be a real turn on when the misses lets one rip ! think it shows a sense of comfort and ease with each other.

Nice post ! sod Nibiru and Wikileaks lets talk farts!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
True I dont touch other people's poops... I dont touch mine neither...

And yeah... Smelling your own fart and laughing at it.. I prefer putting my lighter before my ass and when I fart, it makes a flamethrower... THATS FUNNY, SO FUNNY... SO SO SO FUNNY!

Yep, if you ask me, I won't smell your fart...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 44drake44

FYI.. That can lead to terrible expierences. Just sayin'...

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
you know it's bad when you gag on your own lol, done that a few times

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Farts are brilliant fun. But never fart on anyones pillow because you can give them pink eye.

The first thing I thought of when I seen the thread title was this bit in American Dad.

Stan walks into the kitchen.

Wife: "Honey your just home?"

Stan: "No I was home a few minutes ago. But I farted when I pulled into the driveway, and I just wanted to enjoy it for a while!"

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
if we were to look at it scientifically, and say i were to fart in a jar and 3 members in here were to also fart in a jar, and say i picked my own jar after the jars had been mixed up....would i gag at my own fart then? if i wasnt aware it was my own fart?

i bet i would...thus leading me to the conclusion that 73% of the time its purely phsycological and the other 27% is purely that anothers innards are just too smelly thus making you gag.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 44drake44

hahaha i like a guy who enjoys a good fart

speaking of lighting them....my friend many years ago lit his own fart, but was wearing shell trousers....he went up in flames...we laughed...and it stunk

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well.. don't blame the messenger...

But actually the "stuff" you smell, breath in, almost taste. are very tiny particles of.....

So next time you smell something, remember what you are inhaling.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOnoworldorder

Well, did you also notice that an enclosed fart smell different from a released fart ?

Try capture one in your hand of under the blanket.. Notice they always smell the same.. ( Your own ones ;-)

But born free they seam to get there real "odor" Maybe it needs air to get fully to its right ;-)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

tiny particals of fart or crap????!! eeeuuurgh! ill never breath again

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by EartOccupant

what i have noticed over many years of meticulous research is that a fart in the bath is more pungent than one done in the bed........

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Believe me you would smell mine, they would bring a tear to a glass eye

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by On the level

lol its always the silent ones that are hot on the anus during exit that are the smelliest...now why is that???

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Men "fart" and ladies "pass wind".

I dont mind when someone farts loudly and you can brace yourself. Have a quick check and then block the nasal passages.

Its the "silent asassin" farts that really annoy me. They just sneak up on you and are like acid in your nose. They smell worse than a rotting dog. I think people who do this and laugh at the reaction should be beaten senseless with a wet fish.
I really think you can not enjoy a good fart in other peoples company. There is nothing mor relaxing that letting it rip in private and enjoying the aromatic fragerence.

I will also admit that I do enjoy a bath with the odd 15 second jacuzzi!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Ha Ha!

This topic has reminded me of some memories. Yes gas is funny but it is also gross. Lucky for me I don't have too much gas. But, I do belch alot. How lady like LOL. And I can belch like a Walrus too!

So I was reminded of this one incident at a store...

One time I was in this Walgreens looking for allergy meds. OK, I felt kinda ill to begin with, all the medicines are so confusing, I was standing there trying to decide - and these OLD people - I mean REALLY OLD - ancient - were standing like 15 feet away from me - and I hear this LOUD rrrrrrrppppp! It was a HUGE fart and man was it LOUD! I could hear it clearly from many feet away. DISGUSTING!!!

And then I knew - I had like 20 seconds to make up my mind on the medicine before the smell hit. When this light dawned I instantaneously went into pannicked combat mode. I was still unsure which med to get - it was literally like a horror movie where someone is trying to get a key in a lock before the crazed killer gets them.

And then the smell DID hit - and it was HIDEOUS! Very, very bad. Extremely FOUL! So I grabbed some meds quick and practically ran to the cash register.

This is funny - I swore I would never repeat this - but no one here knows the person in question - and let me just call them A Relative.

So - A Relative works a biz job, fairly swanky yuppy place. The company takes them on "outings" too - takes the whole office - rents buses. On one outing - A Relative had at this function - some kind of shrimp dish - which didn't ah - sit right. Once back on the bus - A Relative had to use the bus toilet and a ferocious blast of diarrhea ensued.

Because these bus toilets are not so great, even the best of them, the end result was that the entire bus got stunk up. Badly. And everyone knew that it was A Relative who was to blame, saw them go in the toilet.

This was many years ago, and if I remind A Relative of it - they still cringe
This person does get themselves in alot of gas and poo related messes as well LOL.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

lol your post made me chuckle but its true....i like a loud fart...they make me laugh and i enjoy the look of utter disgust on my mans face when i let rip.

i also like to give him a dutch oven now and again but that only end with me with a dead leg so i dont do it too often.

but i do like to basque in my ambience, and enjoy a good cupcake now and again....

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

hahahaha brilliant!!

well i have no shame, i was in a pub one evening with a friend and went into the toilet as my stomach was playing up, it was empty when i went in so i thought great i can take a dump, so i had just finished my "stool" and i have to admit it was stinking....when 2 girls came into the toilet, one used the toilet and the other i think was just re-applying her lipstick, and they were both disgusted at the smell eminating from my cubical, they voiced thier disgust also, so i just sat in there till they left ...lest die of embarassment lol

top topics

<<   2 >>

join