It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wikileaks InfoWar - The Next Battleground: 4Chan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The InfoWar rages on. The ATS member "Monts" has written an excellent thread on some reasoning behind the war, available here, however I don't buy into everything said there.

We all know that Wikileaks and Julian Assange are under attack like never before, and that the world is deciding on who to support. One group of people has already declared it's support for Assange...

www.whyweprotest.net... - One of the many websites frequented by those designated "Anonymous".

Anonymous have today broken skin in the technological skirmish that is the opener for the global InfoWar that is warming up. We have seen multiple threads detailing who they've attacked using the DDOS technique, but never before have they done it so effectively as to actually screw up the payments system -

BBC Mastercard Outage Article

The above article shows that instead of just taking down a website, actual BANKING business was disrupted, with customers suffering a "complete loss of service". All I can say is - w00t!

Here's an excellent tech-heads article about the assistance that 4chan / Anonymous gave today, and some insights into 4chan / Anonymous themselves - ComputerWorld Article

My question is this - How long will it be before the powers that be realise that the slumbering beast of Anonymous and the global underground 'alternative' network are as much a threat as Wikileaks is? Yes, WL and Julian Assange are providing the explosive information and documentation, but Anon are the ones NOW DOING DAMAGE. The fact that they are taking on banks and global conglomerates will up their ante, and raise their threat level to tptb.

4Chan is the traditional home of Anonymous. With our American government friends taking the 'Bazooka' approach to thie Wikileaks problem, it can be said with some certainty that the next web community to face real life attacks, and digi-kill strategies will be the meme-evolving boards of 4Chan. Yes, the fundamental strength of the 'cellular' and indepdenent structure of these 'cyber-warriors' (the same as Wikileaks) means that they wont be taken down - but their home, on 4Chan, can and WILL be knocked out.

If I was a government digital warfare strategist - this would be my next target. Watch, and see what happens!

The Revenant.
edit on 8-12-2010 by The Revenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
This thread is now open!

Grady

edit on 2010/12/8 by GradyPhilpott because: Reopened thread

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thank you to the mods for reopening this thread!

BUMP!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
At some point the protest will have to move from the chair to the streets.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
At some point the protest will have to move from the chair to the streets.

No it wont because there will be no protest if these idiots have to get out of their seats to the streets

edit on 8-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I just tried to visit 4chan.org and wasn't able to. I've never been to this site before, just curious. Does anyone know if the site is up or not?

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Google it and see - there's a couple of different mirrors you can try.

Rev.

top topics

join