It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Dog and Human Deaths in videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I don't understand why my brain put myself at this point,but by watching a tv show or even real footage from the internet, I tend not to enjoy seeing a dogs death over a Human death.

I know its the wrong way to think, but I have a feeling the majority of people feel the same way also. If no, then I learned something new today.

Now does having a incident happen in real life change the whole outcome? and Why?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

I can't say I have ever seen live footage of a human death, but I will honestly say that if I am watching a movie and a dog dies, I cry, yet not so much a human. Maybe it is because we are become desensitized, through movies, video games and footage of war? Something to think about.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

Probably in movies or TV, most of the dogs that die are used as heart-string pullers in the plot. How many dog deaths can you think of connected with the dog being a 'bad guy'? Maybe Cujo?

My first thought for a dog death in a movie was 'Old Yeller'. (did not cry)

More often than not, in a movie, the people dying are bad guys. JMO

edit on 8-12-2010 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

cj6

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

Seeing a dog or any animal die is heartbreaking mainly because most animals are defenseless so when they die its just wrong and sad on every level. On the other hand, seeing a human die isnt really that effective to me, i never have any feelings of sadness or sympathy for any human that dies. I dont think thats cruel at all either its just the way i feel and im sure a lot of other people feel the same way. Save the animals not humans!!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blundo
I know its the wrong way to think

No, no, no !

This is not the wrong way to think.

You appreciate that all life is equal, so it logically follows that the death of a dog on video will conjure up similar emotions to viewing the death of a human.

Personally speaking, I don't watch any videos of death or suffering, because it makes me too angry and emotional.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
First video of a death, I seen. Was an American beheaded in Iraq.
The video made me sick to my stomach. The Golden Rule,
do unto others, as they do unto you. I hope they get caught and likewise
beheaded

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Years ago my parents owned a hotel in Newark by the airport.
I used to hang out at the bar there from time to time for the interesting people that came and went from time to time.
Well one night when I was there an 'enforcer' for one of the local mobs came in for a drink all shaken up. This man was a trusted friend and colleague, he lived two lives, on as a business man the other as a professional killer. If any of you had met him on the street you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
I asked him what the hell happened, I never saw him so upset before, his hands were shaking. He told me verbatim, "I hit and killed a dog on the way here a few minutes ago." I looked at him in disbelief trying not to laugh I asked how is it you can come here now emotionally distraught when on other occasions you've come in here confided in me some of the most horrible acts I ever heard without even raising your pulse.
He said, "the dog never did anything wrong to anybody, humans all do."

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
When you get past al the "bla bla bla all humans are bad and deserve to die" idea you will feel bad for a dog and for a human ... or any other animal ... even a fly.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

I have never been able to explain it... But I feel the exact same way. I can't pin point exactly why.. But it grabs my heart and bothers me to the core. I am a serious animal lover.. I think I might look at them as helpless.. Kind of like a child.. They have to rely on humans for protection.

Story time.
I was 18 years old ... I was a passenger in my buddies truck. We were going fishing on a stream in Clarkston Michigan... We were going down this dirt road, and had just come over a hill .. there was a vehicle in front of us with its brake lights lit up.. he tossed a black garbage bag out the window, then sped off!.. We were like 200 yards behind him.. by the time we got to the bag ...a severely injured puppy had crawled out of the bag....

Instead of stopping we were determined we were going to catch this guy and make him stop until the cops showed up... We chased him for roughly 10 miles down back roads..reaching 90+ mph... Finally he trapped himself on a dead end.. So he did exactly the opposite of what we expected.. He jumped out, ran to his trunk and grabbed a ball bat...and started taunting us.. Well in the back of the truck we still had our golf clubs from the day before.

Needless to say this was my first "run in" with the law... $5k later and 5 years probation and a felony charge of Aggravated assault.... .We thought we would be able to claim self defense, because he pulled out the bat first. So we called the cops after beating him within an inch of his life.. Because we chased him, he was able to claim self defense. He already had a long wrap sheet at 35yrs old... Since 4 puppies died he ended up getting nearly 10 years in jail and his 3rd DUI !

I would do the same thing over again... Except for calling the cops.. We should have left him to die!

I have a another story similar to this from my Junior year Prom, if anyone is interested.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Resurrectio

Good for you. What a POS throwing puppies out like that. I can`t stand people that abuse animals and god forbid if I ever see it happen I would probably end up in jail myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

My first... "animal protector" roll happened at 16 or 17... It was prom..We went with another couple, my date's best friend and her boyfriend. He drove.. We went to the dance, then to a party. That party got broke up and we were heading to another party. They were sitting in the front seat, and myself and my date were in the back. I was behind the driver... We were driving down these dirt roads looking for the house. (we had all been drinking quite a bit)

The other guy said "check this out" .. There was a golden retriever walking on the other side of the road, away from us... He swerved toward it, trying to make us think he was going to hit it... Well his wheel got caught in a rut and he was pulled toward the dog and actually hit it.. Whether or not he meant to did not matter to me at that point. I unleashed the fastest most powerful punches I can ever remember throwing.. I think the 2nd or 3rd one knocked him out cold... I didn't stop until his date basically laid her body across his slumped over body and was screaming like a banshee.

Needless to say, he wouldn't make eye contact with me the rest of high school, and did not have a single friend after everyone heard about what he did.

Dog "saviors" are apparently sexy.... My date ...who had told me 10K times, that she wasn't going to have sex before marriage, made an exception that night.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Dude... Old Yeller... My mom took me to a movie theater to see it.... When old yeller died...I was screaming at the top of my lungs crying ( was 4 or 5)... "Your a bad mom, why would you take me to see this" Apparently I was affected pretty hard by it.
Funny now... But I am sure my mother wanted to choke me out..

top topics

join