It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous are attacking INTERPOL / Mastercard / post finance / pay pal / advbyra.se (CURRENT)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Correction: As I understand, they have 3-D secure authentication protocol for transactions done via internet as an additional security measure. And it, apparently, uses internet. Pretty much anything which uses internet can be taken down with DDoS. If the authentication servers are on the same network as the web servers then DDOS'ing one may affect the other too (by leaving too little bandwidth available). Just a guess.

edit on 8-12-2010 by EFGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So other than the company having/ to pay for extra bandwidth, what is the point? I have enjoyed some of their previous work, but honestly I only became aware of the group a few months ago.

Also, if the attack doesnt cause any permanent damage is it illegal? Let's say all of ats downloads the program to assist and they reach their target number of computers to disrupt the sites. Would we all be visited by law enforcement?

thanks for the reply.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

I just corrected my previous post. Here's the direct link to announcement blog.securetrading.com...
edit on 8-12-2010 by EFGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

i saw thanks again

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Another note: Mastercard issued a press release saying that customers should still be able to make purchases.

There is no impact whatsoever on our cardholders ability to use their cards for secure transactions.

www.businesswire.com...

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
HO HO HO ! War on Internet is getting more intense and by the looks of it more and more targets are getting piled up -

Update: Latest message from Anonymous

Imo it will be extremely hard to DDOS Amazon. Anonymous will require 2 - 4k computers connected to pull this off.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Next I hope they target DHS and the TSA for being such anti-constitution traitors.

And the White House website would be nice too. And the UN website.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

That's the problem with actions like this.

They say that they can't allow anyone to castrate the Internet, but that's what they are doing, making it difficult or impossible for other people to use some sites, people that are not responsible for anything.

Although I agree with some kind of protest against some of the actions that affected Wikileaks, I don't think that affecting other people is the way of solving the problem.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
hacktivism is hurting wikileaks credibility
in the court of public opinion
wikileaks are starting to look really bad
these attacks are illegal
and only serve to give a reason to censor the net
please stop illegal activities that make the average joe
think "wikileaks writes viruses"

because this is a media battle for public opinion
and wiki is losing because of these radicals

xp

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by researchit
reply to post by Xcathdra

so why do they not ban the KKK , and only wiki leaks then?

Not even a comparison.. The KKK is the KKK.. They have beleifs about racial purity and some other BS. When the KKK did kill / endanger people, they were arrrested and charged for their actions.

Just as wikileaks should be.

Wikileaks has their opinions on whats morally right, just as the KKK, and are taking action with the most recent being illegal.

Just like the KKK
edit on 8-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno

AOL did not ban Wikileaks because they didn't like them, they did so because the government told them to. That is not insignificant. In fact it is scary and worthy of protest.

I just read this. Will put up the link if I can find it again.

Sorry it was PayPal.

But PayPal has since admitted that it stopped payments following a request from the US government.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 12/8/2010 by wayno because: (no reason given)

There is a difference between being requested by the Government and Government told them to stop. Paypal does not have to comply, and in the event they would refuse to there really is nothing the government can do unless there are charges coming down the pipeline.

They are trying to choke off their ability to continue publishing illegally obtained, top secret information. I find it funny that people are surprised the Government would take an action to inhibit Assanges actions and money flow.

Wiki wants the info out there, the government does not..

Did we think the Government would just sit there and not do anything?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
They are trying to choke off their ability to continue publishing illegally obtained, top secret information. I find it funny that people are surprised the Government would take an action to inhibit Assanges actions and money flow.

I don't think Wikileaks ever published top secret information.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I don't think Wikileaks ever published top secret information.

They have.. this actually came up in another thread here, debating if the info was top secret or a lesser level. Also some of the diplomatic cables were classified as well.

Until I can find the source from the other article (Also trying to remeber which thread we were in) we can use the term secret. However, it doesnt change anything in terms of the espionage statute, or several other Federal laws covering compartmentalized information.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'll jump on the "I love to see this happening" bandwagon.

There is this little voice in my head saying, "The government is behind this. They are going to use this as an excuse to clamp down on the Interwebs."

I wonder what it is about power that makes people evil? Why can't people with money and power use that money and power for good? I guess it's just the nature of the type of people that attain that status. In order to climb that ladder, you've got to be ruthless. ruthless people don't suddenly change when they get some money and power, they actually seem to always want more. I guess it's just the nature of the beast.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

Here is the amendment to the Homeland Security Act of 2002

ITs a quick link to the PDF file, so when you click it will ask you to do the download and view.

hsgac.senate.gov...

Edit: directed at your comment about the Government clamping down on the interwebz.
edit on 8-12-2010 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

dude i real life lmao'ed here at work. So true

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

That’s good, they must frequent the hoax section frequently. That or they log on during half term!

Are we really seeing a real cyber war developing or will this just phase out. I can’t decide, If it gets worse there could be repercussions on the other hand nothing could happen.

I wonder how it will turn out.

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by EFGuy

Lol, at least my credit card will enjoy the break.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So basically you are saying that killing people out of hatred and "illegally" showing people just how corrupt world govt is are just as morally wrong? What a sad world you live in.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonTattooz

You see they have to prove themselves to be capable of evil before they get that power. Also there is an energy that probably most of you never feel i reckon.

But i think you have to show your capable of anything to get the power they have, as its probably one of the requirements for you to be in a position to be used.

These people want to feel like god, and thats more important to them than anything. Being right is an amazing buzz sometimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join