It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legal Herbal "Incents"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Any news on them becoming illegal? How will it be decided which incents are to be illegal and which arnt?
I'm talking about the synthetic marijuana compounds like, K2, and spice.

Whats the legal status on non-cannanoid containing herbs?

edit on 7-12-2010 by dementedtheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dementedtheclown

In Colorado they are making synthetic weed illegal because there is no studies on the affects it has.... suposedly some kids have died??? I havent seen that.... but yes in Colo. it is going to be banned.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They are rapidly becoming illegal. Im pretty sure this is a taboo topic here also.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Here in Indiana Cloud Nine is illegal and K-2 which is what I use isnt as of yet illegal but I hear will be soon. Super GAAYYY They make those illegal but wont make ciggs illegal? Doesn't make sense..

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
They all become illegal nationally on the 24th of this month.

Source

Source

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Where is the constitutional amendment giving them the authority to ban these substances? As one member already pointed out tobacco (as well as many other legal substances) is unquestionably harmful, so we know that public safety is not the concern here. So, what then is the motivation to make these products illegal?
edit on 12/7/2010 by budaruskie because: Grammar

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by budaruskie

I wish they'd control it better, rather then ban it period.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-200, CP-47497 and cannabicyclohexanol
Gotta look these up. Where do they come from, what are they normally used for?

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by dementedtheclown
JWH-018, JWH-073, JWH-200, CP-47497 and cannabicyclohexanol
Gotta look these up. Where do they come from, what are they normally used for?

The JWH compounds were developed by John W. Huffman(JWH) at Clemson University in the 80's. He did government funded studies on the medical applications of cannabinoids. CP-47497 and cannabicyclohexanol are related synthetic cannabinoids, cannabicyclohexanol being a homologue of CP-47497. CP-47497 was developed by Pfizer in the 70's, also for medical research related to cannabinoids.

These compounds were all invented in labs and were designed to mimic naturally produced endocannabinoids. All of these synthetic cannabinoids act on cannabinoid receptors in the brain (the receptor can't tell the difference between the synthetic ones and the ones that your body makes). Their psychoactive properties result from this process. The effect is similar to marijuana because the primary active ingredient in marijuana - THC - acts on these same cannabinoid(CB) receptors. The synthetic compounds activate the receptors to differing degrees than THC; they are generally more powerful and activate the subsets of the CB receptors in different ratios.

They have no known application aside from their ability to activate CB receptors. They are used for medical research and for fake weed. In things like K2 and other fake weed products, the compounds were synthesized in factories outside of the US - mainly in China - and shipped to the Americas where they are applied to herbal blends by spray.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

It was just made illegal in Conway, Arkansas (the k2 and spice) about a month or two ago.

Hey everyone, check out my video "crazy survival dance man" on youtube.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow, things that are legal in NY and illegal in other places?

Any ban won't stick. I have a friend that works with the DEA in fraud and regulation cases. I came right out and asked if there was any intention of banning these "research" chemicals a few months ago.

Basically what I was told is that there are so few resources for so many investigations into things like oxy and other pharms that they frankly don't have the time to deal with these things.

I was specifically asking about phenazepam (a benzodiazepine used almost exclusively in Russia but unregulated here) but I'm sure it applies to more than just that single compound. Phenazepam can be bought on Ebay as a "soil additive."

They're moving to ban the "incense" that actually contains organic cannabinoids (real weed, look around it's way more prevalent than you'd think). They just don't know who they're after yet. Apparently no one told them K2 and all of that garbage from head shops is mostly opium lettuce, mad dog weed and some lab created alkaloids.
edit on 12/11/10 by Magnivea because: spelling

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
In the Edgewood Complaint, it mentions "K substances". This is in the context of the government manufacturing drugs to lower an individual's intelligence.

www.vawatchdog.org...
edit on 14-12-2010 by Plugged because: Apostrophe addition

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Had one with ingredients listed, Damiana, Blue Lotus, Passion Flower, Baybean, Lemon Grass, Drawf Skull Cap, Indian Pennyworth, Marshmallow, and Pink Lotus.

Will this likely be illegal as well?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

No, the herbs themselves are not what is being banned because they do nothing. It is the chemical compounds which they are banning. If I am not mistaken, there are 5 compounds banned, but there are over 40 more chemicals that are not going to be banned until a year has gone by.
They are all synthetic THC compounds. At least in regards to k-2 and spice.
I have tried k-2 and a few others and actually liked it. I was surprised that they work as they do. It is a bummer that they are banning these substances, but after trying them, I am not surprised at all. I was all for legal synthetic alternatives. Just another way the government keeps control of the masses, so much for freedom.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They're not all illegal. There are so many different analogs that have been synthesized. Not even half of the RC's have been outlawed. This is a designer drug. More will available when the rest have been made illegal. That's the point.

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
A friend of mine has used it and was wondering if its still available anywhere.

posted on Mar, 16 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

Because it has not been carefully studied, there is no certainty over whether it is as safe as marijuana.

from your source.

but I thought that smoking MJ would make your brain fried like an egg. that's what the news said.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It varies heavily by state and by country.

Several compounds were recently proposed to be banned by the DEA including the very popular JWH-018, a synthetic cannabinoid. It's a widespread misconception that they are currently banned (they are not), but the DEA has said they are going to try to emergency schedule them, but a lot of the "community" has started lawsuits against such actions arguing the industry is exempt from emergency scheduling given $100 million+ in profits or something to that effect.

Funny thing is these legal research chemicals are more dangerous than actual cannabis and some are potential carcinogens, in addition to causing tachycardia and other health issues. Silly government.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Anyone else find it curious that they rapidly come down on substances and products like this, yet only fifty-odd industrial chemicals out of the several thousand we use daily have ever been evaluated for safety and environmental impacts?

If this stuff were in a floor cleaner, it'd be untouchable.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Still no sign of these chinese lab made untested chemicals becoming illegal here in New Zealand - yet the well tested, safe, useful and medicinal natural stuff remains illlegal and will go on your record preventing you from getting a job, renting, loans and many other much needed things in life - if it doesnt land you in the slammer

And yet I occasionally still choose the made in china option just to know I wont get the bad mark on my squeeky clean record - probably eating in to my brain as I type..
edit on 18-3-2011 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join