It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how can peace be achieved ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Peace in the mideast cannot be achieved through bombs. It failed in Kosovo and Afghanistan. Bombs make more people preach hate and tens of thousands of new recruits eager to join the Jihad against the big Satan.

Terrorism is a consequence of violence in the mid east. There's a swelling conflict in the region and it urgently needs to be adressed, but not by invading Iraq, which is way off the point. Iraq isnt a primary vector of terrorism, and isnt currently a threat to any western nation or to its neighbors.

Antiamerican Terrorism comes from american involvment in that region, seen as unwise and malignous by many arabs. Aside from different things the us had their fingers in, an important factor is the unresolved israel/palestine question.

Israel monopolizes Land and Water in the Region, and is the last country on Earth, together with "Zimbabwe" living in Apartheit, brutally repressing the Palestinians, up to the point of genocide and mass executions of Palestinians (See Sharon's bio). America is seen to support Israel in their ploy.

There are also forces supporting peace in Israel, but they are being intimidated, muzzled and assassinated by religiously extremists Jews and Ariel Sharon, who support the Idea of a "Great Israel".

Peace can only be achieved by supporting the forces of peace, in Israel and the Arab world, and not as Bush is doing, by pouring oil in the fanatic muslim's fire and at the same time supporting the settlement policy of Ariel Sharon.

In my opinion, jews deserve the right to live in peace in Israel. Jews and Arabs aren't enemies, they're cousins. The Jews only enemy are the jewish extremists. And the Palestinians enemies their own extremists.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I agree with you Karl. (heh, I love saying that) But what IS another alternative? Are we supposed to pull out of Isreal/Palistine? After supporting them for decades with our military and technology we are just going to pull out? The Jewish community in America would be furious. The government would be called, by many, anti-sematic.

But don't you worry. All should change soon, when the NWO comes to town...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Designate an appropriate area of undeveloped (I say undeveloped, because the Jews developed their land, and didn't spend all their money and effort on training 5 year olds to blow up busses) land, and go..."Here you go..." Help out with some infrastructure building, get them started...leave them in peace. No arguements, no BS... If they don't want to live in the state, or work to make it a great nation...fine, but then the world will stop listening to their belly-achin', because it would be all up to them.

Isreal was ready to do it years ago, but the Palestinians didn't agree to the boundary. I say screw it, impose the boundary, and say "live with it, or shut up".

Simple as that really...just that nobody seems to have the balls to do it...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
There is no NWO. I've seen some of the documents, they're written by third-class intellectuals who dont know what they are talking about, very simplistic. I hope you dont really believe that NWO bull#.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
to gazrok

Palestinian extremists shake hands with the crazy rabbis

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
" Bombing for peace is like #ing for virginity "

Where you see nices peoples, I see only 2 stupids hippies and so-called " peace protesters ", who are only able to smoke marijuana, who don't know how to remove Saddam and don't care if Irak and her peoples are living under a terrible dictatorship.

" Protesting against Bush is like to say : GO SADDAM WE LUV U "

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Karl, I'd like to know why you think what we did (and continue to do) in Afghanistan was a failure.

It seems to me that we have that country heading back in the right direction now.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Listen we cannot use diplomacy. Terroists do not know what diplomacy is. Therefore we cannot fight diplomacy against terroists. We must use force so they may see that when you # with the USA, a whole lott of kick a$$ bombs ar heading your way. Belive me if you knew what Saddam has done and seen the videos of Kurdish villages you would vomit and cry. I am dead serious, he is that evil.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jms88
Karl, I'd like to know why you think what we did (and continue to do) in Afghanistan was a failure.

It seems to me that we have that country heading back in the right direction now.

Afghanistan has a governement with a friendly-looking leader you can show on cnn because he has a nice green robe but without popular support. Soon after the taliban were gone two things happened : 1. the clans retook control of the country, enforce the same ultra-religious laws as before, with some slight modifications as for women's rights. 2. Opium is now being massively produced in Afghanistan. 3. Al Qaeda is still operational, and their numbers growing

Better than before, worse than before ? I cant tell.
But many killed in the meantime.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Listen we cannot use diplomacy. Terroists do not know what diplomacy is.

as for the US governement

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl Molarius

Originally posted by JediMaster
Listen we cannot use diplomacy. Terroists do not know what diplomacy is.

as for the US governement

And what is that supposed to mean?

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well, a few things that have changed in Afghanistan is that little girls are now allowed to attend schools and women aren't being beaten in the streets for showing a little to much ankle.

Also, it no longer is safe haven for terrorists to operate open and freely and people have food to eat now.

It's not a perfect place that is for sure, but it's a helluva lot better than it was a year ago.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
there will never be peace, until the human race grows up

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Can anyone envision peace in the middle east with Saddam in power? me neither.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Can anyone envision peace in the middle east with Saddam in power? me neither.

We had peace in the middle east for the last twelve years, if we discount Israel and the war on Afghans.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   
we cant say anything about peace anywhere else when the USA and the UK dont have peace on the streets, every year 10,000's of people get shot stabbed robbed and raped, humans need to have respect for each other, the human race is so bleeding stubborn, we need to grow up and mature in our ideals and logic...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   

When it comes to Arabs, they understand Peace by means of War! This has often been the case.
(No offence intended)

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by barba007

When it comes to Arabs, they understand Peace by means of War! This has often been the case.
(No offence intended)

racism certainly isnt a solution, barbara

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
will there ever be peace,
or we all just headed for doom,
still consumed by the peace,
and i know,
there'll never be peace,
that's why i keep my pistol when i walk these streets....
~tupac shakur

i can only agree. as long as there is humanity, we will fight. the only way for peace is most undesirable, is to kill all humans. that is the only way peace can truly be attained. or to take on the giant task of educating all people to a level when conflict over religion and the material will become irrelevant. and with people heh. even that would require sufficient reduction of population to level where people could easily be educated througholy en masse without question of ideals. and that is where we get places like america, which try but with people like us around fail miserably. peace is an illusion and a goal pursued by the incompetant and those unwilling to accept difference. some people merely use combat to prove that they won't be stereotyped as part of a larger group. it's all psychology. peace of mind and peace of heart, along with peace of shyt, (reading uninterrupted) are the only types of peace we'll get.

new topics

top topics

join