It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about Hair?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I am in the military and yes certain men can have long hair, but they have to get a waiver and it is very hard to get. Basically if they do not want to use you has a linguist its not going to happen. Similar to the Sheik man who recently joined the army and he has a full build and super long hair. Now I don;t know about tracking abilities and ling hair because I know plenty of special forces types and I don;t think long hair is a factor. PLus many women (including myself) have long hair in the military and I don't think I have any extra keen senses because of it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

what are you trying to say, man?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
After 8 pages, I gotta leave my piece and go to bed.

This actually holds water, so to speak.

First of all, hair could easily act as some sort of capacitor, even for electrical charges. Hair has extremely high resistivity to DC, however, it can pass small amounts of AC current. A typical capacitor will block DC current, but will pass AC current, depending on the capacitance. I would expect hair to be less than a pF or so, depending on the moisture content. Mind you, this is different than static electricity charge.

www.rafischer.com...

Also:
www.allaboutcircuits.com...

capacitors oppose changes in voltage by drawing or supplying current as they charge or discharge to the new voltage level. The flow of electrons “through” a capacitor is directly proportional to the rate of change of voltage across the capacitor. This opposition to voltage change is another form of reactance, but one that is precisely opposite to the kind exhibited by inductors.

Ok, on to the next pseudo-scientific folly: Leverage

little nerve --> short "extension" = not so sensitive
little nerve --> long extension = much more sensitive.

By the way, they did mention that the hair is an extension of the nervous system. If I use a grabber to pick up a slimy dog ball, that grabber is effectively an extension of my arm... doesn't mean it is necessarily AN arm, just an extension of it. I about died through this thread... reading both sides.

And, on a personal note, I really only see my little demon now during the winter when I start growing out my insulation layer. I don't think I'm buzzing it this year, gonna go back to the mohawk. I kinda miss the sensitivity at times, even though "stupid" hurts my head and frustrates me. I'm an empath. I had shut myself down previous to cutting off 21 inches (with about 4 to spare), so I didn't really notice the change... but when I have my head buzzed I can't seem to get the focus and connection that I used to. As far as facial hair goes, I got my flavor saver that has only left home 3 times in the last 16 years... and my small burns, lol.

Interesting story that clicked when I read this... I moved to SLC when I was 19... had really F'ed up (no other way to describe it) dream that ended up happening right before my eyes verbatim. I even told my GF about it before it happened. Had a bunch of other strange things happen, and some bad things (some women are pure evil... I got my arse kicked because this girl told her friends I hit her... she had meds for the cold sore in her purse). Anyways, after all this craziness, I get back home to Cheyenne, and the first thing I did was shaved my head bald... 19 inches gone. I went through 180* flip. I only started becoming sensitive once I decided to start growing my hair back out, until my GF at THAT time called me crazy for me being me. That's when I just shut down. BTW, a couple years ago she got ahold of me and choked it out "You were right about Bush, I'm sorry. You weren't crazy after all". Basically I just predicted a bunch of stuff that he'd do when he got elected the second time. I can't remember what they all were, but she apparently remembered just so she could throw it in my face if I was wrong (and there were alot of them I could've been wrong on). Silly die-hards... a moron is a moron, whether or not you call him leader.

I'm babbling now... goin to bed.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Great reasoning here, one,

And the Samson story is intriguing.

The whole thing is intriguing and amazing.

Here is a funny thing - I have recently cut my hair short, and I have been feeling a bit blah.

Grow, grow, grow!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SouthernSON

I'm just trying to say 'what's Up'.
That's all.

Sometimes I can get a bit personal.
It's for a reason.
You'll see.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
A thought has just occurred to me - no wonder skinheads hate everyone and everything.

Great theory!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
A thought has just occurred to me - no wonder skinheads hate everyone and everything.

Great theory!

And hippies love everyone and everything, man.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Azp420

Yeah!

Go long hair!

(Don't even ask what helps hippies to love everyone and everything...).

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I have tried various hair styles and lengths throughout my life, but have always been very careful never to dye my hair. I always had a weird feeling that if I did that, I would injure something sacred, as weird as that sounds.

About 8 years ago, I decided I was happiest when my hair is long. So I never cut it after that, with the exception of end trims. At age 33, my hair is completely down to past my thighs and it (as odd as it sounds) feels almost empowering. I get complimented about it very often, which is nice too.

My 16 year old daughter decided in the last few years that she wanted very long hair and her hair is down to her waist. My 57 year old mother also grew her hair long despite the status quo of many middle aged women to cut short.

Braids also feel very powerful. Something about weaving the energy into a thick braid down your back..

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I will have to put my 2 cents in here cause I am bald haha. I had really long hair up until my 22'nd birthday and I always had a sort of esp. When I was 22, I shaved my head and have kept it shaved ever since then. I have noticed a pretty big decrease in natural awareness. I have focused alot on intellectual studies and alot less on spiritual studies.

Yep

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by new_here

This sounds exactly like my son. His hair is so long and he's had a full beard that started when he was 12. He is one of the kindest kids you could know. He is caring, loving, intuitive, a great listener and very smart. I get sick of everyone telling him to cut his hair or shave, he's got bushy curly hair to the mid back and he's 16. I defend him, if that's what he likes he can have it. My other son has long hair and he looks like a lion when he let's it out of it's ponytail, he also has a beard. He's also very intuitive and sensitive. I hope they never cut it. I showed this thread and some of the responses to my younger son yesterday because he was considering giving in to the pressure to cut his hair for a stinkin job. I know he needs a job, but I don't think one should have to cut hair for it.

I forgot to mention, my older son has always had a thing for hair. He always wanted to play with mine when he was little and would bury his face in it. He was actually very upset when I cut mine short once. Actually I hated it so much I haven't cut it again. I just get trims. He always wanted to have his own long hair since he was a toddler, but he was too pretty, so we didn't want him to have long hair then lest he be thought to be a little girl. lol
edit on 8-12-2010 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostLancer

I wonder how much of it is cultural. I think there are amazing looking people from all ethnicities and cultures. I'm sure others are like that too. But I remember my brother being stationed in the Philippines in the military and he said the girls there loved red headed guys. I don't know why. And I've been told that I would be a hot commodity in Turkey because of my skin and eye color. (I know people from Turkey) I don't know how your study could be a good measure. Interesting to think about though.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Love this thread , completely realistic , i will further research on this topic and share my finding . Great find!

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
My opinion, inasmuch as I have one, is that hair is accumulation of dead cells for purposes of warmth and protection. I do not believe there are any structures or abilities within hair to carry out any paranormal function. One can peer "into" hair through a microscope and see this to be the case. There is no living material within hair that could organize itself and/or communicate with the rest of the body via nerves or any other mechanism.

No, but your skin may well be able interpret information input from hair.

The hair on other mammals is also dead. But they also use it for input. Whiskers are a well known example of this.

Why do you think we are different than the other mammals?

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Strange thread..

Are we to take it that men who lose their hair early are genetically broken?

Are we to take it that Chuck Norris is no longer the danger he was since now wearing a wig??

Will we see Steven Seagal getting beaten up in films due suffering from spray on hair?

Seriously, I like the basis of the idea but we really have to stop adding divine powers to it.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6dea535f5a6c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
An interesting theory.

Definetely interesting to say the least.

I have to totally disagree with it though.

I've gone through medium hair length, long hair length (down to my butt), and a crew cut.

It does not affect my ability to sense anything in this field.

I always get the feeling, when it happens, of someone watching me.

Like a "Spider Sense" of the comic book character Spiderman.

It has to do with the person's aura not their hair length.

If this were true, and I'm not suggesting it is, it probably has to do with something else.

As an example, the conformity to a group they are unfamiliar with, and or a loss of dignity.

Or perhaps it has to do with a loss of confidence through their surrendering their individuality.

Throughout my lifetime, no matter my hair length, during the military, or not, I never lost my sense of self, never allowed myself to surrender my identity, nor found conforming to a norm as anything detrimental, except during times of crisis when I expanded my aura and became even more powerful in sensing my surroundings, sensing intent of others, and as well sensed things which would not normally stand out, so in my esitmation this is nothing more than a myth.

The aura is what tells you things are not quite right not your hair length.

And their aura's could very well have lost potency if they did not comprehend the danger of losing their individuality, their loss of self through conformation, and their loss of dignity through not being exactly who they were.

In other words surrender yourself at your own risk.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by drkid
Oh my GOD! That is all I am going to say! I'm kidding. You have no idea how much this story relates. I have a lot of premonition, and all week i had been thinking about this. I get insight from time to time and i thought it was rather silly yet i understood the possible science behind it. Now you come on here with this thread and completely confirm my insight. THANK YOU.

Also, i recently cut my hair, not giving it up again. I am now a believer of the insight and have even stronger faith in GOD because of this.

Ok. lol.

I cut my hair as well, I've been doing it for a while.. I used to have such thick wonderful hair, but it began to fall out
so I cut it all off. I have been growing a beard, but I have been contemplating just growing my hair as long as possible.. as I've always suspected that it would act as an additional carrier for electromagnetic frequencies. I've always noticed crazy things to happen to me _as__soon__ as I cut all my hair off - no joke. Like Chaos is sucked into your atmosphere. It makes sense now, your harmonics are affected when you cut your hair, and the vibration/magnetic field around you perhaps dampens.

Now..the second comment.. please, good sir, if I could direct your attention to www.armageddonconspiracy.co.uk

I think you need to read a lot more than you currently have if you are espousing statements like

[Size=1]
Also, i recently cut my hair, not giving it up again. I am now a believer of the insight and have even stronger faith in GOD because of this. "[/Size]

Perhaps this might put you on a more fulfilling and spiritual path. Or you might denounce me as a follower of Satan. Your choice. lol. I wish nothing but the best for you.

edit on 8-12-2010 by purplemonkeydishwasher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
LOL, this topic is kinda funny, at least to me.
I am from Slovakia and we always used to say: "Long hair=short sense/understanding." if you translate it directly. It makes sense to us.
Simply, if you have long hair, you're stupid. This topic is trying to prove the opposite
edit on 8-12-2010 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is the most interesting thign I've found on ATS so far.

Yes, there is probably something in it. Name me who's go really short hair and successful compared to those with hair 'when' they made the most of their money (as opposed to expodential increase on success in retirement).
Samson yes. Samuel is another one. So is most of the Biblical heroes.

Einstein was partly bald but what he had he had long. Most excentrics who have money have longer hair.

Very very interesting.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join