It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which FireFox add-ons do you use?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Fellow FireFox users.

I was just wondering what you feel are the best add-ons and which ones do you use on a regular basis.

I only really have that standard dictionary running and firebug when I am developing pages, I just installed a RSS feed ticker but it's already starting to annoy me.

Anyone got any good or fun ones to share?
edit on 6-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I use download helper.
Its handy if you want to download vids from websites so you can watch them later.
I have a few on mine but i cant remember what they are for haha.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Ones that seem to screw up the way it works.....

Give me a sec ill have a look

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Firesheep is awesome if you are into hacking other users FB or Twitter accounts, This add-on just came about a month or so ago

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I would suggest the following:

Ad Block Plus: adblockplus.org...

Better Privacy: addons.mozilla.org...

Flash Got: flashgot.net...

These will keep you from having ads pop up, delete LSO cookies and allow for downloading flash and other media.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Ive allways found Adblock plus to be a good one also, reminder fox, webmail notifier, Pixlr grabber.
All of the above i use regulary

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

The Flash one sounds interesting.

Also I was thinking I might have a go at developing an add on for fun. Any suggestions for something new you would like to see?
I have some coding experience but I haven't done it for ages so I thought I might get back into it a bit

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Absolutely! Develop an add on that alerts you when your browser is sending information about your system to one of the alphabet agencies. It will be the most downloaded add on in the history of Firefox!!

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I love autopager. It will load all the pages on a site(not ATS though) and as you scroll down it just goes to the next page.

No squint is also a good add on.It allows you to enlarge or decrease the size of a web page.

I use it here on ATS and I am using it right now to type this message.It increases the size of the response box so my old eyes can see the letters!

It also "remembers" your settings for web pages you visit.

The RSS reader seemed to be a good idea,but it really slowed down Firefox at least for me.
edit on 6-12-2010 by Oneolddude because: edit

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

I'm going to add reminder fox, as I have a terrible memory.
I hope I remember to add reminders to it

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Two that are on constantly are the AVG safe search and toolbar.
The safe search identifies dodgy websites on the search engine list so that you can avoid them.
The toolbar is just that a toolbar.
Another add on i find useful is the Windows Media Player plugin.
This is really a must if you want to listen to the ATS live shows (which i do)

Hope this helps

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Here's a quick rundown of my Firefox profile.

Add-ons I can't live without:
- NoScript
- Linkification
- Greasemonkey
- DownThemAll / FlashGot
- Save Images

Add-ons for productivity:
- New Tab Homepage
- Session Manager
- Firebug

posted on Dec, 12 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Download helper..for collecting music videos...Higher quality the better.
Also one called...DragnDrop, I think...Allows to you easily attach multiple files if you are uploading to a site..
Just select them all and put them in the upload box..

On a related note..There is a VERY cool one I use for Thunderbird email client. Attachment extractor.
I use it as a backup for my coworkers that have to send items to our network...The attach files..when the email is received the attachment is extracted then directed to a location on the network that you define.
You can also define the file type, a list of email addresses that are accepted. It saved my butt on numerous occasions.
edit on 12-12-2010 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I am using download helper as of now.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
A****** **** - Knocks out most of the annoying distracting stuff that wastes bandwidth.
N******* - This picks up what the first one leaves off and stops most malware drive-bys.
FireBug - This is a handy dandy web design tool.
Update Bookmark - This is a niche item for following sequential pages like webcomics.
Colorzilla - A quick tool for finding the exact RGB color of something on the web.
Downloadhelper - Way to grab vids or music for offline viewing/listening.
Chatzilla - A simple and convenient way to talk to your online buddies on IRC.

Nothing too fancy or out of the way, as I'm sure most of those are common amongst Firefox users. Not to mention they are a factor in why I still prefer Firefox over other browsers.
edit on 20-12-2010 by pauljs75 because: First two are very common so you can guess, but supposedly site operators here don't like hearing about them. Thus censored.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Exif Viewer 1.55.
I read about the geotagging of pictures and wanted to see some of it from the pics on line. Most of the sites strip the info on the upload. Others have modified (re sized) the pictures before upload that usually strips the information also. The majority of the rest of the pictures only have the camera information like f-stop. But every once in awhile i get the full GPS information of where and when the picture was taken.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Theese add-ons are the ones i use most:

Adblock Plus
Download Statusbar
FEBE
Flashblock
Greasemonkey
NoScript
Remove It Permanently
Sage

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Mine are :

-adblock plus
-netusage, which is basically just a percentage bar showing how much bandwisth you have left for the month, very handy. (good for us aussies who have limited bandwidth)
-Skype add on, you can just click any phone number on a web page and it will call it.
-video downloadhelper, youtube and google video downloader.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
NoScript

Adblocker plus

Download helper

Dictionary

That's about it...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join