It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Argentina Recognizes Palestine Within its 1967 Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
www.imemc.org...
Argentina seems to be following Brazils lead. Altready 100 countries have recognized Palestine as a state. If I were Israel I would be concerned. If the world recognizes Palestine on the 1967 cease fire lines then Israel will be a forced to get on their side of the fence.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by gem_man
www.imemc.org...
Argentina seems to be following Brazils lead. Altready 100 countries have recognized Palestine as a state. If I were Israel I would be concerned. If the world recognizes Palestine on the 1967 cease fire lines then Israel will be a forced to get on their side of the fence.

So....

Uhmmm Israel HAS a right to their side of the fence.......?

edit on 6-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually no, if you are referring to the "aparteid wall" By their side of the fence I was refering to the border imposed by the 1967 lines. The wall Israel built, as you know, goes beyond the '67 lines. Actually under international law Israel should retreat to the borders they had in 1948. Most folks believe Israel never set their borders, not true. The UN recognized Israel when they declared their State along borders far from the '67 lines. I have followed your posts and you know more about this then most of the posters here so please don't think I am trying to educate you, I'm not.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

So here's the problem. These two and a few others are now recognizing a Palestinian state as of the 1967 border. So that validates Israels right to their side. Wouldn't that also vindicate much of what Israel has been persecuted over in the public's eye for years?

No?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d8cae199758a.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 6-12-2010 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Not really. Israel has been critisized for alot of their actions with regard to the Palestinians, Their inaction with regard to UN Resolutions , their failure to abide by their signed agreements particularly the Road Map and their blatant disregard for International law.The '67 lines are something that both Israel and the Palestinians MAY accept although personally I don;t believe it will happen, at least not as long as Netanyahu is PM. You showed the map of Palestine and how over time Israel has taken land outside their original borders and contrary to International :Law, has moved their population to this area to extend their borders. I travel to Israel often on business and the Israeli people are good and decent folks. The problem is the government AND the settlers who, IMO will not be satisfied until they have all the land up to the Litani river in Lebanon and the Palestinians are expelled to Jordan.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gem_man

So again some will applaud them for recognizing the 1967 border and yet still deny Israel the right to that border?
Seems odd is all I'm saying. yes, I'm well aware of the increasing land grab by Israelis.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Nice.

Still meaningless by itself, but it puts pressure on both sides to be done with these negotiations, and brings peace even closer.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Thats interesting. So israel offers them a two state solution. They reject those terms; go to war with them; lose further ground to them... and now, 50 years later, they want the 1967 boundaries back???

If this werent happening to anyone but the Jews wed all recognize what kind of BS that is.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Uruguay recognized Palestine aswell.

top topics

join