It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks sold classified intel, claims website's co-founder

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Sounds like a case of sour grapes from the rival website owner if you ask me.

Either that or someone has paid him a lot of money to say it, that would then bump Assange's charges up to spying or at least something to do with treasonous acts.

Just have to work out how to do the same to the ones that run the country.

Doesn't WND usualy get flamed as a poor quality news source anyway, on par with Sorcha Faol or whatever the name is? Whats different today?

CX.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Public interest group for a public not interested? lol can you blame them? I would try to build something greater than some romantic ideal of sacrificing self for a revolution. as well Yeah why not play the elitists game and gain from the truth? LOL elitists charge us for water, air and everything else OUR, not their, Earth provides; Assange found the last frontier or resource called truth. LMAO WHY NOT profit off of the elitists carelessness and give them a taste of their own medicine?

What is criminal of what they do? Releasing documents? Arent the leaks showing criminal activity? Isnt that a double negative which in effect cancels the other out? The FACT is this Wikileaks is a necessary evil right now because OUR government is running away from the invisible bully; elitists. Wikileaks wont start a war but in actuality will prevent some by forcing war mongers to step down to avoid being "stoned" by the profane savages that uphold their economies and moral guidelines all scripted to control them.

Wikileaks is the child feeding peanuts to the bears at the proverbial zoo which is our freedom and sovereign nation. MWA! -throw some roses at me-

reply to post by SLAYER69

edit on 6-12-2010 by fonenyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

No, I didn't look at that bit of info quite the way you did, but it's an intriguing take..

For me, this whole scene has turned into a cyber overload of information, disinformation, supporters, condemners, and of course the speculators.. which if added together equals NOISE...

As to whether the release of the cables do more harm than good, I guess time will tell, but if WL has only released 1000 of an adverted 200,000 +.. and it has caused this much NOISE... I would have to lean towards the former.

We shall see.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
well gee, i can't even attempt to sell a conspiracy based book without being labelled negatively but this guy can sell international secrets. life as usual.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just out on fox news,swiss banks sieze wiki bank accounts....things are heating up.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I knew they were selling the information now here is proof straight from the horses mouth...

When I said wikileaks was selling it to better themselves people called me crazy and a lunatic a disinfo agent..

Well here you go wikileaks looking only to better themselves by making money off this "free" information, well I guesse it isn't really free now is it....

Shame on you wikileaks, you money hound fringe group.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I was just thinking. What if he had info about UFO's? I mean real info?

Why hold it? Or rather, why not hold it out to the highest bidder? Let it go free for mankind to see?

I am betting that most stuff that he may still possess is low on the food chain. I think he would have released the biggest item first.

And if he didn't and/or he is holding stuff back, I think that just takes away any credibility he may have.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Well, here we go. Is this the truth or a Gov't attack on the leader?

Actually sounds like sour grapes...

Was there in the "early days"... not there now during the "hay day"....

I've seen this too many times in tech startups 5-7 years later...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Releasing the biggest things first is bad marketing. First, release the scandal sheet material. That generates interest and lets people wonder what else you have in the vault. This offers a modicum of personal safety until you can sell the rest....as long as you can stay on the loose.

Where is Assange now? In hiding or in a cell, being interrogated? Will we get press releases from someone claiming to be Assange?

The data from seized accounts will be interesting but Assange would surely put serious info sales money into other places not linked to him or Wiki.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

Perhaps he did hide any proceeds from his real name useage etc.

As much as he is getting, shall we say Reviewed, they will find it. I am sure he never thought the back lash would be this great.

Now, if he tries to manipulate the accounts etc he risk being exposed by the bank, the depositor or any Gov't agecny thats looking for him.

I bet my bottom dollar, although me may have kept an insurance pile etc, it isn't good enough to what they are going to do to him collectively.

I also bet there is a movie being scripted or made right now about this saga.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It still rings as a smear campaign against him. I think the damning evidence he has collected far outweighs any accused rape charge or profiteering made.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderboy2402

Are you saying two wrongs make a right? As long as it it your right, I guess?

Fact of the matter, he published documents (or is/was in possession of) that he shouldn't have been & then he released them. He broke the law-also.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wonderboy2402
It still rings as a smear campaign against him. I think the damning evidence he has collected far outweighs any accused rape charge or profiteering made.

"Damning evidence"
The only real change in the world so far seems to be in the increased amount of hyperbole & suggested legislations to inhibit internet freedoms.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I read all of Mr. Young's remarks. Nowhere does he offer any real evidence of what he claims. He seems to be speculating about the motives of Wikileaks. If he has documentary evidence of what he says, he should post it at his own website. Ross

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

I don't think John Young was a Co-Founder of wikileaks. He was on the board of directors, and he provided them server space to get up and running.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Are you saying two wrongs make a right? As long as it it your right, I guess?

Fact of the matter, he published documents (or is/was in possession of) that he shouldn't have been & then he released them. He broke the law-also.

I am saying the accusations made of rape by two women is already suspect for one. Maybe they are true, maybe they are fabrications to make him fall out of favor of the public. Alot of people think he has somehow committed treason (not even a USA citizen, he is an Aussie), he seems to only be the "head" of the leaks taking place. We have the actual solider responsible for the leaks, who now faces potential 50+ years in prison.

And while there already has been some pretty significant info released,Wikileaks has stated that he is still withholding some as 'protection' in case someone decides to take his life or arrest him. There are literally still like 249,000 cables yet released I believe... There is a high degree of certainty that some of that is going to contain some very disturbing facts regarding our nation and dealings at a global scale.

posted on Dec, 8 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Assange's hero status may be tarnished as more things come to light about him. There are also the unintended consequences of his actions, as yet unknown, when he releases the diplomatic cables. Maybe he will inadvertently start a war or two.
The poor sucker that bought into Assange's scam and stole them will be the one taking the brunt of it. He was stupid enough to think that there would be no repercussions and will sacrifice 50 years of his life while Julian enjoys the adulation of his unsuspecting fans and whatever fortune he has made by sales and extortion. This is provided that the harsher intel organizations don't "disappear" Assange, as an example. I will wait and see if he suddenly goes into "hiding" as soon as the flimsy rape charges are dropped. Julian was just enjoying some adulation for his personal sacrifices for the good of the world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join