It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How public schools are nothing more than prisons that train slaves (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Check out this video I found that explains how and why public schools in America are essentially no different than prisons, designed to condition you to think and act as obedient slaves. It's very spot on.

Herd Mentality - The Schooling System

This video describes the history of our enslavement, from ancient times til present. It's very interesting.

The story of your enslavement

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Most of us who went through the joys of public school already know this, my teachers don't even deny it and openly talk about how the schools are like prisons.

My mother was an asshole for making me go through that horrible experience and is part of the reasons I hate people. There is just no hope for America if these children are going to be our future, ridiculed for being a little smart. The media also plays a role in our enslavement by outright encouraging ignorance, the less you know the cooler you are.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I never really like the public school system. Speaking as an American from California I can say majority of these students seemed to be more retarded then kids who were legally disabled.

Even though I didn't graduate I can still see the open silliness at my old high school
FHS Article

Foolish behavior at DUI assembly is embarrasing and disrespectful.

Let the eternal text set the tone for the article. You will see the open wounds that will never heal and why I hated life at this school.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Its worse than you people think.

I found out in 1992 in london they where using electroinc mind control weapons on people in schools fact. Schools are definitely like prisons, and you have to wonder how they control people, well you have some idea now.

If i found that out in 1992, in london what are they doing now in uk schools?

I think its worse than people think.

But of course we should be grateful i think that we can read and write, so maths etc...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

Dear WWu777,
Interesting post, thank you! I myself cannot comment on the US education system, other than it would seem that the level of education across the board is quite low (comparative studies are all over the web). Anyway I digress a little.

Residing in the UK and having been through the public school system I wanted to add a little context to your post. I still find it rather ironic that they call them "public schools", but anyway I will share my personal experience.

Firstly the differing public schools within a catchment area were in direct competition and that instilled from a very early age the competitive character trait that some would deem to be good, some bad. I personally did not like the constant comparison and labelling: "Oh you're from X school, everyone knows Y school is better". That simple fact made me very self conscious and highly competitive, to the detriment of other social skills I may add.

The actual school system in itself is very antiquated. In England there is a term called "fagging" which may mean something to you, essentially it is where junior pupils are subjected to borderline slave type treatment from the older boys. It was in my experience horrendous. The school or house masters would never get involved, even though it was blatant bullying, and actually encouraged it with the simple pearl of wisdom that when you would be an "older" pupil you could then do the same to the newer younger pupils. What a great way to educate a man huh? I was subjected to some truly awful things which include regular beatings, woken in the early hours of the night to run around a field naked (god knows why), maid duties daily for the prefects, ridiculed for every single thing they could think of and other rather more personal things that I won't mention.

The truely horrific treatment that I went through actually made me rebel, however many of my school friends ended up almost drone like and waited for one thing only, and that was to be the older pupil so they could then vent their pent up frustration and anger on the newer boys.

You were constantly barked out by the masters to follow the schools chosen moto, which usually ment to shut up and do as you were told and show no personality at all costs. This followed through my entire 10 years in this system, at the end of which I was expelled for refusing to sing Christian songs during the enforced Sundays services. I believe it should be a matter of choice whether you wish to sing or be religious, but I was threatened with the cane and promptly told the headmaster that if he went anywhere near me i'd shove the cane where the sun doesn't shine. I was quite proud of myself that day.

Forward to 20 odd so years done the line, I am now a well adjusted member of society, the same cannot be said for many of my old school friends. Some of which are now very successful, of course the contacts established help, the rest are socially inept and living with emotional scarring from the treatment they were subjected to.

The only positive aspect I can say about public schooling within the UK is simple. You do get a better level of schooling, that is undeniable. You will also form contacts which will serve in later life, as all public school boys tend to promote their friends over others. I don't personally think that last point is a positive, but worth mentioning.

Regards,
T

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   
With Pre K and Kindergarden it is 20 Years Not just 18 .... Like my 15 year old has had to do....

In Public Schools ...They have Uniforms. ( Mandatory ).. and If the Children miss more than 4 days in a Year... You will get a Court Date... Then Pay Fines and You and your Child will have to do Community Service and you could even have to Go To Jail ....

I am Outraged.... I live in fear every day of my life... Because I have a Child in School .... YOU WILL OBEY... Or the Court System will Bully and Threaten you And Your Children... Then Punish you ...

I am Ashamed to even be a Human Being Stuck living on this Planet right now .... This is just ONE thing I am Ashamed of... There is a HUGE List of other things that Outrage me....

But... There is nothing like living in Fear every day of your life ...worrying over the Well Being and Safety of your Children.... From My Own Government ...

I can not Understand why almost 7 Billion People have ALLOWED a Few People Ruin this Whole Planet ...??? It is like the whole Planet is Brain Damaged... I have become Pretty much a Hermit... I can not stand to spend time out in Public very often any more ... I would rather be at home away from the masses of Zombies...

I really have Lost Hope ... My heart breaks for my Children and Grandchildren... Really All Children around the Planet .... They get to Inherit this Messed Up Planet from us ... I am So Sorry ... I wish there was something I could do to Fix It ... I Really do...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

You can take your child out of the school systems..I finally took my son out at age 15, when he couldn't take anymore of the bullying and insanity. They threatened to jail me, but I told them I was home schooling my son. That was the only way they couldnt touch me or my son anymore, no more control. It felt SO good.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
John Taylor Gatto, excellent resource for information on the school system, and a great place to start. He comes with a bit of a religious spin but being a teacher for many years his message is not blanketed in doctrine.
There are endless resources on the web about how our school system was developed (Prussia, Woodrow Wilson) and it's ultimate goal. Just read Wilson on education. Read about how the Alinsky method, or the Delphi technique is used in schools, only they don't go by those names.
It is what it is, and I have thought too about homeschooling our children. I am however one who believes children need to be trained "inside" the war if you will.
They come home talking about what they learned, and we talk about the "real history". If you are not able to homeschool your children, at least talk to them about what they are learning and such. I don't believe they need the whole, you are being brainwashed speech, at least not until they are big enough to understand the concept, but they will pick up on overheard discussions within the family. Talk, talk, talk

Little things are being discussed around the house between their father and me, as my children are very small. For instance they have the clap. clap-clap clap-clap-clap, like 1-2 cha-cha-cha. We have been in 2 schools now, and they both use this when they want the children to be quiet and listen. When the teachers preforms the clap, the children would stop running if a rhinoceros was chasing them to repeat the clap themselves. I have tried this at home to test my theory, and have seen them put their fork down during dinner, stop dead on the trampoline, and even steal away from the t.v. to repeat the clap. It is no coincidence.
There is a goal, and we are able to fight it. WE must however, be aware of what we are fighting.
And you (Can you hear and)
Of tender years (Do you care and)
Can't know the fears (Can you see we)
That your elders grew by (Must be free to)
And so please help (Teach your children)
Them with your youth (You believe and)
They seek the truth (Make a world that)
Before they can die (We can live in)
Thank you Crosby, Stills, and Nash.

Have a great day folks, keep your eyes and ears open. And don't forget to teach your children to do the same. Being raised in the system, doesn't mean they have to embrace it.
edit on 6-12-2010 by recycled because: need more coffee

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Its worse than you people think.

I found out in 1992 in london they where using electroinc mind control weapons on people in schools fact. Schools are definitely like prisons, and you have to wonder how they control people, well you have some idea now.

If i found that out in 1992, in london what are they doing now in uk schools?

I think its worse than people think

Care to elaborate on this at all?

MR

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Check out these podcasts at the schoolsucksproject:

www.schoolsucksproject.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
My first post on ATS, I've been observing for a while now, but I decided that this subject was too personal to remain silent.The american education system is a cruel joke;nothing more than a thought prison.What my friends and I must endure is our time forcibly wasted on irrelevent and propaganda riddled classes,compartmentalized and designed to break the mind, from the minute we step in class to answer the flag in allegiance,and likewise, the unquestionable, faceless government pulling the strings. As a slave to the public education system for eight years now, the one principal i've been taught that was even remotely relevant to my future was under no circumstances, no matter how ludicruous or degrading, will you ever question authority, because #@!$ you kid, thats why. Just sit down, shut up, and tolerate the repetition, or face the consequences. I remember the time i called my 6th grade teacher a fascist for not letting me speak; the look on her face could have burned an orphanage to the ground. However, if we can draw inspiration from our predicament, i believe that the youth of america can relieve america of the orwellian weight that was passed onto us the day of our birth.For the constitution, and for the rights won with the blood of our fathers, it's time for the citizens of america to join or die.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sapphirearaidia

what country do you live in?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WWu777

It's very spot on.

No it isn't. Did you go to a public school? Are you on the internet right now discussing how bad public schools are? Are you free to make the claim that public schools create slaves and free to use the internet to post that and share it with others? Could you leave your house or apartment right now and go somewhere, just about anywhere, if you wanted?

Now I'm not a huge fan of the education system, particularly here in the US, it has a lot of issues. I would hardly term it a prison that churns out slaves, to do so is to water-down the definition of both those words. If this is slavery than its the freest slavery imaginable.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is so much BS! If you think kids in public schools are being controlled like slaves, I suggest you sit in a classroom for one week. Kids are running our schools! You can't have a learning environment without order. If you didn't have rules or order in our schools, educating the young people in this country would be impossible! It's a simple fact that kids are not mature and responsible like adults.

A good portion of them don't respect authority or their parents. Students don't have consequences for their actions like they did 50 years ago. How do you really expect a teacher to teach students when students know they're no consequences for their actions. Technology has made today's kids lazy and unmotivated. Their more interested in texting their friends while in class than learning. Babies are having babies, and a lot of inner city parents who don't have a college education or technical degree don't instill the value of education.

Take a look at how students in Asian schools act in a classroom. They are totally focused on learning. Their society values education and it shows! Their students lead the world in math and science. You can't get water from a stone. If a student doesn't want to listen and learn than there's not much you can really do.

Kids are learning things today with some fun and fantastic technology. (It's not like the day where you had to sit for an hour and listen to a teacher lecture the entire period). Yet they still think it's boring to learn something if it doesn't have anything to do with video games, surfing the internet or listening to music and watching You Tube videos.

I worked in private industry for 12 years before becoming a teacher. I always thought teachers had the easiest job. Boy, was I ever into a rude awakening. Kids chronically sleeping in class, lazy, unmotivated, apathetic, disrespectful, foul mouthed, and they couldn't problem solve or follow simple directions. Their high school math skills were at a 4th grade level. Social promotion is ramped because if teachers were allowed to do their job, half the students in the class would end up failing! School districts across the nation are worried about numbers, and failure rates just don't look good. The kids know the system better than we do and they take advantage of it. I'm sure every school in the country isn't like this, but I can guarantee you they all have the problems I've just mentioned.

I try to make learning fun in my lab by having students learn their terminology using an electronic Jeopardy game. The kids all have their own electronic score boards and their own buzzer. I give away t-shirts and prizes for 1st place winners out of my own money. It's a fun way to learn and you would think students would be motivated and enjoy it. Think again, half my class doesn't even care to play the game! As a CAD teacher who's been teaching for 15 years, it really scares the hell out of me seeing the type of students who are graduating from our high schools. Our country is in a heap of trouble until we address the real issues facing our schools. Students and parents need to be held accountable. I'm lucky to have 7 parents show up for parent teacher conferences. The only parents that show up are the parents who's kids are A and B students.

It would be an absolute nightmare if you had no rules in our schools. There are rules and laws everywhere in our society. If kids went thorough schools without rules, crime rates would climb ten fold. Order simply would not exist.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Do you guys really believe this jargon?

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
So whats the alternative I have been through both systems and honestly I liked the public school side much better.. But I live in canada maybe its different. In the Private schools we got the same education but money determined the mark you got. Oh mommy and daddy donated a baby grand piano to the music program here you go sweetie an A+ for you... Oh your parents can barely afford to send you here hmm we can only give you a b- better luck next time.

In the public side I thrived and didn't want to kill my self because I was not rich. I actually got ridiculed to donating 500$ to a charity for tsunami victims. My friend at the time said " I was going to donate money but I really need a new iPod the one my parents got me last year sucks... I need a new one, they didn't get me one for Christmas" Out of 16 students only 8 donated over 50$ and all of them could afford to give up 100$ of their trust funds, but none did because they wanted a new gaming system or MP3 player, others just wanted to save the money to go buy fake IDs to get alcohol, drugs and smokes. btw this was a grade 8 class...

Those are the two options in life private of public. Or no education, and you don't want to dumb down society even more.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gninerfan21
Do you guys really believe this jargon?

The logic in the video is definitely flawed to an excruciating level, but the main message remains true. Public schooling is a brainwashing tool for the TPTB. The purpose is to inject as much communism as possible into the minds of the students through courses like English, History, and Science. College is much worse than K-12. Essentially they are setting you up for a communist government. Under a communist government, you are truly a slave.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

So true. I feel sorry for teachers, they have 0 control because we don't want to hurt the childs feelings god forbid we tell them off. Its horrible to see what abuse happens to teachers. I've seen students cuss them out hit them throw hardcover text books at them and I've seen teachers have to break up fist fights (then have the teacher get in trouble).

I have to agree though I never taught in the private sector I found the teachers to just see $$, no offense to you. good on you for being a teacher I respect teachers, they have one of the hardest jobs. Anyways... The ones who didn't "grade properly"| were reprimanded and the principal would go over their head to fix that students grade. Its corrupt and students know this and use it to their advantage.

Sadly I'm thinking of going into teaching, So this is the fate that will await me. I just pray that I get my dream job of being a JK/K teacher or at least teaching grade 1 and 2's they don't know how to work the system as well. I Could never teach Junior High or High school.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xiamara
So whats the alternative I have been through both systems and honestly I liked the public school side much better.. But I live in canada maybe its different. In the Private schools we got the same education but money determined the mark you got. Oh mommy and daddy donated a baby grand piano to the music program here you go sweetie an A+ for you... Oh your parents can barely afford to send you here hmm we can only give you a b- better luck next time.

In the public side I thrived and didn't want to kill my self because I was not rich. I actually got ridiculed to donating 500$ to a charity for tsunami victims. My friend at the time said " I was going to donate money but I really need a new iPod the one my parents got me last year sucks... I need a new one, they didn't get me one for Christmas" Out of 16 students only 8 donated over 50$ and all of them could afford to give up 100$ of their trust funds, but none did because they wanted a new gaming system or MP3 player, others just wanted to save the money to go buy fake IDs to get alcohol, drugs and smokes. btw this was a grade 8 class...

Those are the two options in life private of public. Or no education, and you don't want to dumb down society even more.

This seems like something I can agree with. The school systems need a major rehaul but they're nothing like prisons.

posted on Dec, 11 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gninerfan21

I was actually impressed with my high school, UNTIL, they enacted the no student can fail policy, and we choose your most consistent most recent mark. Which is bs. Until that point, the teachers, unknowing to the board, had a don't ask don't tell type thing going on and stood up against the board. It helped at times until one kid climbed out the window onto the roof the windows were bolted. However what teachers were allowed to do was lock students out of the class, which the board did not know. If a student didn't attend X number of classes they would fail no matter their mark. So what would happen is teachers would use this and lock their doors so if they had a misbehaving student they would say go for a walk and refuse to let them re enter the class and they would be marked absent.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join