It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students warned: Read WikiLeaks and you're out of a government job

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Students warned: Read WikiLeaks and you're out of a government job

www.rawstory.com

Graduate students at US universities are being warned not to read or post links to WikiLeaks documents, or they could be denied work with the US government.

Several news reports suggest the State Department has been warning university departments that students could fail security screening if they are seen to discuss or post links to WikiLeaks documents on social networking sites. The US government considers the leaked material to be classified, even after public release.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
This is just becoming more and more embarassing and pathetic by the day.

So let me see here, the ENTIRE PLANET is pretty much reading and aware of these "leaks" by now, but state department goons are issuing THREATS of no governmental jobs for anyone caught reading or discussing them?

Number one, I am guessing that less and less folks would WANT to work for the gov anymore, with their reputation becoming more and more disgusting and despised by the day, and number two, all that telling people not to read material does is make them want to read it more!

lol.

What a joke.

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-12-2010 by DimensionalDetective because: typo

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Hey man...

Already a thread... on the first page even!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I don't think they could really enforce this, are they going to be checking up on everyone's facebook?

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

That is bizzare---I ran a search and nothing came up.

Thx for the heads up Hunka.

Mods, please close this one down when you have a moment. Apologies.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Every day it seems like the US is becoming more and more like NK

Still a long way to get there but a start is a start

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is getting nuts. Wikileaks, whether you believe is government psyop or not, seems to be getting the harsher treatment that it would be imagined to get. This is still unthinkable though. Out of hand would be the more appropriate description. Whether or not you agree with the information being leaked, this is just a ridiculous response to it.

One could almost say that TPTB could be using wikileaks and their new ISP snooping technology to monitor the people who could be reading this information to profile them. They are basically admitting to doing that with this "Announcement"

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
"if they are seen to discuss or post links to WikiLeaks documents"

This is basically saying that if you are seen to have distributed the link to wikileaks or 'peddled' it in some form... you're tainted because it is a crime in a sense to view classified documents.

The point being... if you are caught or listed as posting links to where to read you are basically an accessory to crime

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint
I don't think they could really enforce this, are they going to be checking up on everyone's facebook?

LOL Facebook was funded by the CIA and the Information Awareness Office. Doesn't stop me from posting my views on there though

As for this thread... I believe it. US government wants good little drones working for it, no dissenters.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Here is what I want to know. If the gov't doesn't allow its own employees to look at wikileaks, then how the fock do they know A) what is on it B) who goes there? The obvious answer is because they did what wikileaks reported, but it is a catch 22. Regardless, isn't it obvious where our gov't can cite their constitutional authority to tell Americans what they can or can't look at? Its the same place they get the authority to tell us where we can and can't go, what we can and can't consume, grow and sell. The trick obviously is to create a corporation, so you have no culpability, to look and post to wikileaks for you. Corporations are 1st class citizens and can do all those cool things we wish we could do.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Please continue the discussion in the existing thread here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join