It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lebanese Newspaper begins publishing U.S. Cables NOT found on WikiLeaks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Lebanese Newspaper begins publishing U.S. Cables NOT found on WikiLeaks

www.theatlantic.com...

Nearly 200 previously unreported U.S. diplomatic cables were posted on Thursday to the website of Lebanese newspaper Al Akhbar. The cables, from eight U.S. embassies across the Middle East and North Africa, have not appeared on Wikileaks' official website or in the Western media outlets working with Wikileaks. Al Akhbar, which defines itself as an "opposition" newspaper, is published in Arabic. It has posted all 183 cables in their original English but promises readers a forthcoming Arabic translation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5-12-2010 by plexus because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2010 by plexus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Some more interesting information to be had, curious as to their motives but at the moment i'm thinking they are honest. The more sites like WikiLeaks the better I think.

I hope more groups can start up and even give WikiLeaks some competition, groups pushing each other to even bigger and better releases, the more sources for disclosure the better.

Not sure If this new site has the same source for information as WikiLeaks or wether they are sourcing their own.

The more the merrier I say,

Here's the link to the Lebanese Newspaper site with the cables, Google Translate is your friend.

www.al-akhbar.com...

-plex

www.theatlantic.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-12-2010 by plexus because: grammar

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Man, disclosure and transparency really is painful of a lot of folks.

It is like puncturing a festering, infected sore and letting the pus run out.

I think that a lot of folks around DC are pretty anxious right now.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Rather interesting. I wonder if WL witheld these cables, or if they are completely independant of the leaked documents. Makes one wonder. Perhaps a whistleblower for what the whistleblowers won't disclose?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by plexus

nice find op
star and flag
nice
xp

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
"IT'S A TRAP !!!!"

sorry I couldn't help it.....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Wow, I just LOVE this. Ha ha. Now DC has another witch hunt to get hysterical about. It's going to be like mushrooms, leaks popping up everywhere - it's going to drive them crazy - well, they already are, but even more crazy.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Just a thought - this could make Israel start to feel a bit twitchy!

second

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Everything makes Isreal twitchy....
The possibilities are breathtaking!I hardly dare hope this is going to snowball and snowball, and get bigger...
The next best for me would be to see the hidden ufo files come to light around the world.
Isnt honesty refreshing!?More POPCORN!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

haha indeed, something about this sense of community against the powers that be really makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside

I think everyone is secretly waiting to see some cables regarding UFO sightings, possible crash sites, who knows what on earth else, anything just to give us the fuel we need to quantify spending our lives in pursuit of these truths!

Only time will tell.
edit on 5-12-2010 by plexus because: added info

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Everyone is asking if the Lebanese received the cables from WikiLeaks but I am asking a different question. How do we know that WikiLeaks did not received their cables from the Lebanese? Maybe the Lebanese gave the cables to WikiLeaks and now that they are going now decided just to release the cables themselves bypassing
WikiLeaks. A lot of people may have such info and now that WikiLeaks has started this other people are going to release what they have been sitting on. I look for other countries to start releasing stuff they have as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Do we have a second whistleblower or are these real cables.

i my self back the Christian Lebanese militias in there fight against the Hezbollah terrorist.

I have meet, helped train and partied with a few while they were in the US for medical treatment from wounds received fighting the palestinian Hezbollah terrorist.

top topics

join