It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird UFO recorded over Ohio 24/11/10

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OneEleven

yes...you should!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Are you serious? The only thing this has in common with what I posted is, they were both video taped.
Please tell me you're jokin' so I can go on

Not at all. The time of day is just right for the sun shining through a clear, high altitude balloon to look exactly like this. These balloons have been the cause for many UFO sightings, here is one that was originally posted as a UFO and the owner of the video later found out it was a weather ballon and put the update in the comments:

Here is a picture of the type of ballon I am talking about up close:

The woman seems to being using extreme optical zoom to get her pictures which create the distortion you see. I see sun through CLEAR high altitude weather ballon. They are lightly filled and deform at high altitude into interesting shapes.

I am not a debunker, I believe there are lots of very interesting things out there that we have no idea about. Some are experimental aircraft, some are truly unidentifiable (maybe even alien, I'm open)... but this looks like sun through a clear weather ballon at high altitude filmed at extreme optical/digital zoom to me.

I think that places like Phoenix (the actual big ship that was independence day size, and followed the highway not the lights) and Stephensville are two good examples of real, unidentified sightings.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
. And although reminiscent of some sort of vapor, it doesn't depict the typical contrail that hovers about in our skies. Even if I took this one step further and said it is the vapor-trail of a missile/rocket or whatever. That too doesn't make sense.

So? What do you think????

I think it's a innocent video witness to a jet leaving a contrail.

You see, a jet's contrail can be affected by a number of things including it's altitude, it's speed, and the temperature just to mention a few. Plus we are seeing it (the jet in the video you've presented for discussion) as it is heading away from us, so our POV perspective is a bit 'askewed'..

But you've asked for further video's to back such claims as to short contrails, so here you go..

Misidentification is the number one cause for a UFO sighting.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyAnonymous
I think it's a innocent video witness to a jet leaving a contrail.

But you've asked for further video's to back such claims as to short contrails, so here you go..
Thanks Johnny. Good example.

That first video looks pretty similar to me. I even see the horseshoe shape though it's more stretched out in your example.

I'm slightly wary of automatically assuming the horseshoe shape is real, due to the extreme magnification and possibility of optical effects from the camera. I don't know if we can completely rule out the weather balloon (given the shape at extreme zoom may not be the real shape of the object) but I think it's much more likely to be a contrail similar to the first example Johnny posted.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Wasn't this video (the initial one) discussed on here in the last 2 weeks?

My take is that it's an optical illusion of a contrail, seeing end on it would look a lot shorter that it was.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Contrail, perhaps. the problem is, is that the thing did move and it started moving rather quickly towards the end of the video. At around the 3:15 mark, it is moving as can be seen by it's location behind the tree. That is not wind blowing the trees either. It is moving. Then she pans out and lost it's location, because it had moved all the way to the left of the frame as she zoomed back in. You can see a flash of it at around 3:30. It had moved substantially to the left of the tree. I'm not suggesting it's an alien craft, just that it did move.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisturbedToo
reply to post by Human_Alien

How about this?

www.youtube.com...

I know 'short' contrails exist. Do you think you're really teaching anyone a lesson here? Show me a short contrail that leaves a "U" shape impression.

Contrail markings seems to change to fit people's arguments.
If it's ONE trail then Contrailers say "it's two trails merging' (See: LA Missile)

Now if it's a real short one (again, doesn't look to be broken up but it could though) and appears to be closed on one end and semi-opened on the other, that TOO becomes a Contrail.

I realize contrails take one different looks based on weather, wind, sun's position (or whether they're spraying chemicals) but saying/thinking every single strange or suspect trail in the sky is merely a vapor trail for an innocent airplane, is a rather narrow-minded.

Just because a rock looks like a rock doesn't mean it can't be a meteorite.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

I really don't mean to be defending this video like a mother-hen but the video you offered LOOKS like a contrail. I would never see that, doubt it, question it then post it.

I still remain 50% uncertain as to what that is in the OP video.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Okay then.
So when contrail fails the sniff test dub in weather balloon.

Now I see how this works.

I am a reasonable, rational, level-headed individual and although I am NOT ruling out a vapor trail, I just don't see any other possible explanation for this.
So to start tossing in options, why not toss in the old "I don't know"?

I think people opt out of that is because it labels something an UFOs and a lot of people (because of Human ego) don't like that. They NEED to know everything (not saying you Arb, Just people in general)

Until proven further, this remains a UFO

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Sometimes conditions in the atmosphere can cause contrails to appear short. Combine this with reflections from the Sun and that is what I think we have here.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Right when she is mentioning that the sun is reflecting on it you can see aircraft lights flash.

I call ID aircraft it an airplane people. See it moving behind the trees. Is moving like an airplain.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
As a sky observer with a good knowledge of optics, I'm surprised nobody's considered if a simple astronomical explanation of this video is possible. The exact location in Ohio isn't recorded as far as I know, so for sake of example, I've assumed Cleveland. Using Cleveland as the observing site in Stellarium and setting up the date and time (sunset was at almost exactly 5pm local time (UTC-5hr) on 24 November), I noted that the planet Mercury was in the very spot the 'UFO' was observed. Here's a full screen grab of the Stellarium render. I adjusted the sky to a blue colour to try and mimic the video.

Render 1

Here's a closer view with the planet details.

Render 2

You'll see that Mercury was magnitude -0.42, which is pretty bright and would be shining like a beacon in the twilight. I think the observer indicates that the object appeared to be stationary, though later on notes that it was getting lower/setting - like the sun.

The view we have of the object is entirely as seen by the video camera. Unfortunately, very few 'domestic' cameras have good enough optics to zoom into a point light source without considerable distortion. In my opinion, the 'horseshoe' shape is due to a combination of lens abberation and gross lack of focus on the point source. This video is typical of so many I've watched that create odd shapes in the sky where nothing but a point of light exists.

WG3

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

Good research!

However when I re-watched the video I became more convinced the horseshoe shape is not the result of an optical or camera artifact. I'm not 100% convinced yet, but at least 90%.

If that horseshoe shape is real, which I suspect, then it's consistent with a contrail but not an astronomical object. Did you notice the horseshoe shape? And see how that can result from a contrail?

I'm not sure we can identify it with 100% certainty but that contrail explanation is a good fit if the horseshoe is a real shape, and not an artifact.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'll just leave this here again...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/880a9bb91c3b.jpg[/atsimg]

It's a contrail.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree with the second poster. This does look like a plane with contrail heading into the setting sun. I myself have seen this many times. I would have to give the lady an "A" for doing such a good job with the camera and trying to get closer to it. I was hoping that it would stump me, anyway good job!

posted on Dec, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Does anyone know what part of Ohio this was shot from? Being close to WPAFB myself, I see odd things in the sky all the time. If the person who shot this video is in the general Dayton area, it would be easier to draw some reasonable explanations as to what this could be.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The video was shot in Mahoning County near Youngstown.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I saw this post two days ago: It is not the "Mother Ship"! It is the Hughes/Direct TV Satellite, geo-synchronized and parked, 75 miles over Texas, giving off a reflection from the Sun. Sorry to tell you the news. When I hooked up my Direct TV Satellite Dish, I noticed my Dish aimed right at it. It is especially visible around Sun-Down till about 10:30 at night, then again very visible from Michigan (in this Video Ohio) just before the Sun rises in the East in the morning.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAttackPeople
I'll just leave this here again...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/880a9bb91c3b.jpg[/atsimg]

It's a contrail.

I think this puts the nail in the coffin. Case closed!

Nice find , btw...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I was directed toward this thread by a MUFON field investigator. I am the person who filmed this aerial phenomenon. It was recorded in Youngstown, Ohio. Fillmed using a normal Sony DCR SR40 camcorder. No night vision was on at the time of filming, as obviously this was filmed in daylight. No special lenses were added, just the regular standard one thats built into the camcorder (Carl Zeiss, top of the line lens). One only needs to look at the traffic lights toward the end of the footage to see there is nothing wrong with my lens and no artifacts or halos around the traffic lights are present.

First I would like to say I think it's great everyone is taking notice and critically thinking about this footage.

I will make a few statements, but please understand, just like the rest of the world, I too have a life outside of UFOlogy. So if I do not directly comment on everyone's post, I do apologize in advance.

I do not believe this object to be a jet contrail, although some have posted some very good similar footage, please keep in mind, the object I filmed does have a light that blinks on around the 1:36-1:37mark. If one pauses the footage and goes frame by frame it is clearly there. Contrails do not have this effect. Also, the fact the object was moving, as seen towards the end of the footage, rules out contrail altogether.

I do not believe this object to be an airplane. I know what airplanes look like, I see them everyday in all kinds of weather, sunrise, sunset, moving in every direction. That idea is just absolute nonsense, I'm sorry.

This being a planet or a star, again is ruled out due to the fact the light appearing on and the objectand it is moving at a quick pace at the end of the footage.

I have contacted the Akron Blimp Hanger and they confirmed no blimps to be in the area of the footage during that time.

I have titled the footage "portal/UFO" because so many have emailed me saying they believe this to be a portal to another dimension/star gate. The object in the footage is clearly sitting vertical, while the footage and pictures posted of contrails are clearly in an a more appropriate position consistant with a normal jet contrail (horizontal). Also, the jet contrails Ive seen in comparison are sloppy, not giving off the bright illuminating golden glow (jet contrails in other footage seem to be more red and just look different) and not nearly as in a smooth shape as what I filmed.

I am not concerned with what others feel this was. The most important thing is that people are thinking and searching on their own. Seeking information. I firmly believe knowledge is power and it is important to keep researching and investigating.

I will no longer respond to requests for me to call airports/airbases, blimp hangers, film the sky from this angle, that angle, at this time, and jump through hoops. I will not waste my time trying to prove debunkers wrong because debunkers/skeptics are notorius for just changing their theory when they feel their first idea has been disproven. The vicious circle would never end. "Oh, you debunked the Venus theory..wait..I meant Jupiter..I mean...a satellite...yea, it was a satellite!!"

Thanks to everyone who showed an interest in this footage. I want to encourage everyone to keep a camcorder handy, especially bring it with you while in the vehicle. The best ammunition we have in diclosure is proof.

Happy Holidays and Be Safe

~Karrie Reynolds
edit on 14-12-2010 by OhioUFOHunter because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2010 by OhioUFOHunter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join