It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird UFO recorded over Ohio 24/11/10

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I want to give credit where credit is due! This woman did a great job!! She was able to hold the camera relatively steady, she's zoomed in/out allowing reference points which also provided a gauge to its altitude. She also attempted to drive closer to this anomaly but the film cuts off.

Now, what is it?

Like she says, it doesn't look like a solid object. And although reminiscent of some sort of vapor, it doesn't depict the typical contrail that hovers about in our skies. Even if I took this one step further and said it is the vapor-trail of a missile/rocket or whatever. That too doesn't make sense.

So? What do you think????

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I've seen something similar myself and this looks to be the same thing: a contrail caught in the light of the setting sun.

At first it can look unusual but I'm fairly certain that's what it is.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Definitely one of the better videos out there. Looks similar to certain ufo's that have been posted.
I cant see that being a plane, contrail, balloon, lantern, or helicopter

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I am going to poo poo the vapor trail explanations. Things that make vapor trails are usually moving fast. That thing is going nowhere.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Does seem like a UFO atleast to me, because it is unidentifiable, I can't explain it...

Is it extraterestial?

I don't believe so.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Namaste1001
I've seen something similar myself and this looks to be the same thing: a contrail caught in the light of the setting sun.

At first it can look unusual but I'm fairly certain that's what it is.

That's really where I wanted to go with this but the length alone (and shape) is what's taking me off the contrail-track.
If it is a contrail, maybe it was just a short trip.....

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBrooklyn
Definitely one of the better videos out there. Looks similar to certain ufo's that have been posted.
I cant see that being a plane, contrail, balloon, lantern, or helicopter

Could you please try to locate a similar video?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
I am going to poo poo the vapor trail explanations. Things that make vapor trails are usually moving fast. That thing is going nowhere.

Not sure about the moving fast part (cause the plane could've been well on its way by then) but, even if this were a contrail, where's the rest of it? And why in the shape of a "U" (or seemingly)?

Plus, she said she noticed it for a while and the video is about 4 minutes long......so a small portion of a contrail just hangs like that?

I dunno. Not passing the ol' sniff test so far.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
very Vaginal.....

i like the video....very hard to explain...i wouldn't be willing to accept the simplest answers on this one...there did appear to be a second anomaly during the video. On the section of the video after the 2 minute mark when the camera zooms out and the billboard comes into view, there is a hazy but bright disc shape just under the billboard's steel work.

The contrail explanation isn't going to float with me, and i'm not easily fooled or impressed.

cool video.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Looks a whole lot like this, identified, video to me:

I do think it's wonderful people are taking time to look. I'm sure more substantial sightings will be documented because of it!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
My mistake. I've only seen it on one other video which was posted in this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com

It was a compilation of ufo sightings this year so now looking back at that video, I see it's by the same poster if you fast forward to around 7:41

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Unfortunately it is a contrail. Not all contrails are long some only last for a short time. If you note the position of the object at the beginning of the video it is closer to the middle wire than the bottom wire. At about the 2 minute mark it is very close to the bottom wire. This thing is not "hanging there" at all. It is a contrail reflecting in the sun. In MY opinion of course.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Very interesting. When watching I thought it could be a contrail but it stood still too long,. at least in the first part of the video. At the second location the object seems moving faster, by taking branches as fixed points. Must also say that being dusk the sunrays can play strange triks.But no way it's a contrail, IMHO

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

The balloon shape can be easily recognized. It looks like an airballoon (a "mongolfiera") while the object of this OP is U shaped. Totally different.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I've seen something similar around november 2007: No contrail or balloon there. Way too bright and having a fixed position, close enough to know it was in the atmosphere, all set during a windy november day during rush hours.

But nobody seem to bother looking at the sky during rush hours.
Next time you're on the road as a passenger, look up.

edit on 5/12/10 by Vio1ion because: details

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Hundroid

Wind trough the branches make them moving. The object itself never moved, a common illusion when I look at the trees.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

Right. The thing moves but in this first part of the video it's apparently travelling west while in the second location it seems moving opposite direction, away from the sun.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
it looks to me like a piece of cereal ... like the sugar smacks cereal with the frog.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Short Contrail reflecting in the sun.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Wind trough the branches make them moving.
reply to post by Vio1ion

True but the object passes from one tree to a next one, I believe it's not just the wind-effect

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join