It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the U.S. If there was a draft, would you fight or run?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Wont WW3 be the nuclear apocalypse role playing game?

I mean I'm going to be in a my Vault-Tec Vault dunno bout y'all.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Sure, they will understand, but they will also whip you for being a disobedient slave, and make sure there are no grits on the stove to feed your family.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You will be better off just ignoring that. But you already know.

I have a titanium pin in my elbow, that shuts down all recruitment right there. I would breeze through training, but I'm almost happy they won't let me. Experiences taught me a thing or two bout a thing or two.

What one should consider though, how willing are you? to do their dirty work?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
So if there was a military draft for say....WWIII...would you fight for our country, or run to Canada etc.

Me, you ask...I would fight. Even though our gov't is horribly corrupt and fighting for the wrong reasons.

It is my duty as an American.

Regardless of TPTB.

What would you do?

edit: i got busy bar tending so i can't reply in real time...sorry
edit on 4-12-2010 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

And there ya go folks, just keep on perpetuating the problem by fighting for the problem with your life? Not only perpetuate and continue the further corrupt agenda but fight with your life on behalf of the interest of people who could give not 2 cents of your life or your families life...that makes about as much sense as a waterproof toaster..

I think you can guess what I would do...

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's a moot point with me. I've tried to enlist before back when I was in my late teens. Although every branch I went to wanted me for my test scores, a heart murmur changed their minds. Right now, I'm too physically screwed up from a job I had, anyway. Now, if my country was invaded, I'd fight on my own without enlisting. It was already invaded once. Things didn't turn out well.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
We the people should defend the Declaration of Independence and Constitution at all costs.
Even passively, if it came down to it.
edit on 5-12-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Yes, yes I would fight. I would love to learn all I can from the military and imply for my future. Nothing in better then mowing down people on the battle field.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I'm with you on this, bro
We will exlopre the wasteland, kill mutants, and create a new society.

But before that, I need V.A.S.T device......and some useful perks.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

It depends on where I am at in life, as a 19 year old I am in college pursuing success, not death. And I'd have to know the REAL reason why we are entering this war. I'm not giving up my life if it's some bs. I already have my doubts about the people going into war right now. I believe they are being lied to. Also I'd like to stand my ground at home to protect my family incase of an invasion. I would never be able to live with myself knowing I wasn't there to protect them. My mother and sisters could get raped before being killed, thats a horrid thought, I would be filled with hate and rage, I wouldn't be mentally stable enough to be on the battlefield anymore.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

it depends, if america was under attack or in a war that is actually justified then yes. but if it was another "go kill brown people so my haliburton stock will raise a point" then i wouldn't be doing it.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Since you asked...

WW III would most likely start as a conventional war (perhaps it is starting now). It is also most likely WW III will see enemy troops on US soil. With DADT soon to be gone, there will undoubtedly be many heterosexual men and woman leaving the military which will require the draft. This will bring many openly homosexuals to the standing army. Having a bunch of openly homosexual men and woman fighting on the front lines will certainly make for some interesting war stories if not making us (U.S.) the laughing stock of the NWO.

Today, we have our fighting men and woman come home from the war to be fondled at the airport and wonder WTF they were fighting for.

I know many who now know they were lied to and say they would not have fought if these were the stated rights they were protecting.

As for me.. No. I would not go. I would stay and defend my home and family. This war will be coming here. I need to be here. There won't be much left after this war. We would all be better off letting the Military Industrial Complex use the unmanned war toys until we meet the enemy at our front yard.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I joined the USMC back in 70, I was only 17 then and when I turned 18 I went up to my master sargent and asked him if I could go up to the post office to sign up for the draft, he told me just get my coffee and get my ass back to work. I never did get to sign up for the draft nor did I get in trouble for not signing up. But there are a lot of people that complain about the draft and war, but when someone is trying to kill you most people will try to fight back. In war if you don't fight they will still kill you anyway, nobody lives forever, wouldn't it be better fighting to stay alive then shot in the back while trying to run away? Another way to look at it would be, the more enemy you might kill the less enemy that would be shooting at your family and friends. And yes the enemy doesn't like to get shot at either, nobody likes to hear a bullit wizzing past their ear, and they are probably more scared of you than you are of them. Sorry about getting carried away.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlecT

what about an "i can't shoot him he's gorgeous" type of scenario?
gay soldiers will still kill you, but they will do it cheerfully, and with compassion

edit on 5-12-2010 by freakgenius because: racism, profanity, & legal purposes

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I would not take up arms for this government. The government does not represent my interests, why should I die for theirs?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I would try to get back in. I'm a disabled vet and technically not eligible. But if they started a draft maybe I could get a wavier.

Folks, as bad as some of the things are getting. We still have the best country on earth. Don't let our upsettedness with some of the insanity going on blind us to what opportunities we still have. The things that are going on are going on globally, not just in our country. Don't let them win back-door and brake up our nationalism. That is their ultimate goal. Love our country, it's ours and there are more of us than there are of them. And make sure it stays great!

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I would fight for my family and friends, but not Hillary, Cheney, or any other political buisness man(or woman). I also think everybody has the wrong idea of what WW111 will be. I believe WW111 will be citizens of oppression fighting the Govt's of all nations, militia style. The corruption can go on for only so long. The problem is the military is heavily armed, but gorrilla tactics work.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I'd fight if they were coming across the border.

I'm done traveling abroad at American tax payers expense
They are coming across the border. We already have millions of invaders here. Many of them believe that Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, and California are still theirs. When do we stop them?

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

but gorrilla tactics work
What exactly are gorrilla tactics.

Hmmm......... I stand corrected

www.gorillacombat.com...

I assumed you meant guerrilla, but maybe you did mean gorrilla. I was confused since it wasn't even a real word. oops, didn't realize google corrected my spelling, so what did you mean then?

edit on 5-12-2010 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm too old for a draft; already served once. But if the SHTF and the Navy needed an old nuke driver I'd go just to try and keep the kids safe on the boat.

You don't fight for high-minded ideals, you don't fight for a flag; you fight for each other, that man or woman beside you when all hell is breaking loose.

Anything else is just B.S from someone who's never been there.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I would fight against an invader to the death,never will I travel abroad to kill,niether will I allow my son to die in a foriegn land. War is a racket.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join