It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the U.S. If there was a draft, would you fight or run?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

If you don't register for selective service within 10 days that they send you the letter you will be penalized some ridiculous amount of money and jail-time I believe.

I wrote a letter along with the registration form saying I was more than willing to perform any clerical or administrative duties but that my religion does not allow me to perform acts of violence, so I'm hoping they won't force me to go shoot people.

As for this draft and serving, I would say yes but use the same religion excuse so that I could learn the bureaucratic mechanics of the military and war and so possibly that knowledge could help me break it from within. Put the worst situations to best use you know? The worst thing you could do is nothing. At least joing the war or fight against it, but don't just run away.
edit on 4-12-2010 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I'd fight if they were coming across the border.

I'm done traveling abroad at American tax payers expense

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I would claim to be the biggest homosexual living on Earth. If that didn't work, I'd move to a different country. If that somehow didn't work, I would kill myself, because I would rather die than kill other human beings for a corrupt government.

AND before anyone who is patriotic starts bashing me, I happen to believe that ALL nations have corrupt governments that don't truly care if any soldier or citizen lives or dies, so don't tell me that 'if I don't like America I should get out.' I heard enough of that type of ignorant redneck rhetoric from my uncle regarding some cousins who ran to escape the draft during the Vietnam war.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by asperetty

1-I am too old to be drafted.

2-All you are required to do is what they tell you is required,they actually do trick you into being drafted.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

I agree, but there is no real freedom to choose. If you don't agree then you are facing fines and imprisonment. It's completely screwed up. Like I said, I'd rather use the system to my advantage than abuse it to my disadvantage.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I think it would almost be necessary to join in. Hear me out though. If ww3 were to break out, it would be all-encompassing. If it goes down, it will be a war against humanity itself, there won't be places to hide other than the major players tweek out pads or the DUMBs.

Maybe a guys got a place to ride it out but the war is eventually going to be delivered to you. If and when it does happen, no area is going to go unaffected. Just think, if a city or country is just bombed out, there will be survivors who need to relocate. This could happen thousands of times. It could become the last straw. Your safe haven being flooded with refugees who are just desperate.

The folks planning these war games have that in mind. Killing. At least if you were on the inside, you could help steer it in the right direction. Propaganda is not aimed at the enemy anymore, it's us. The draft would put minds and backgrounds that truly oppose it, yet train them and equip them. Rogue units would arise without a doubt.

That's the world today, give your enemy something, anything, to blow # up with, watch from the owners box. They don't care, but people will care when they are forced to kill and realize there was no need in the first place.

Trickle down effect in place. One of the best lies ever embraced. War makes money. For some. It just ruins it for everyone else.

I guess my point would be, if you don't have anything better lined up, military would be the best option.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
If it's WW3, where would one run to?

He told you.. Canadia!

Me, Id go to Tasmania and go fishing. No one looks down there..

Well, ... no, best I not

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Hmmm... did you miss my point, or did I miss your point?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
I would learn the way of the squirrel, gain their respect, then take all of their acorns and run to Canada. After skinning them for their fur of course.

You squirrelist!!

You know your avatar looks like an old man, staring sadly up into the sky, upon a dark moonlit backdrop..

T'will teach you to betray squirrels..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I would never kill another human being. I don't even like killing fish anymore. I'm hopeless. I also believe that I create my reality, and if war is not my vibration, war is something I will not experience.

You know that kinda stuff.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

A little bit of dillydally in A, and a slight squeeze of lemon in B.

Lol no I got your point, I guess it's too late in the day for me..

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

edit on 5-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If the cause is just, if attacked, I will fight to defend what is right and those I love and who depend on me, even if I wasn't drafted ... I would never fight another man's fight, for another man's money, on another man's land, no matter what.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
i would fight and run, because its best to fight and run away to live to fight another day

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Why do people fall for signing up for selective services and jury duty? Perhaps I am just lucky, but I denied both without any penalty... When I got my selective service letter, I replied with a simple letter:

To whoever it may concern:
I will not fight any war, unless it involves a foreign country invading our soil

When I got a jury duty letter I replied with a simple letter

To whoever it may concern:
I can barely afford rent and food, unless you promise to reimburse me for both of those, I cannot take time from my slavery, I mean job to partake in jury duty.

I sent the same exact jury duty letter a few times, and each time got a letter back telling me to not bother showing up. I never got a response from the selective service letter, but after over 10 years, silence would probably equal consent to my sentiment.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLord

Aww... That guy got banned? Twas probably the best laugh I've had on this site since I began reading it!

As in response to the OP, I'd fight. I may not agree with the draft or war in itself but I can't live knowing that my fellow Americans are dying in a war if the conflict came to the point that the draft was reinstated and my participating saved the life of any one of my countrymen. But that is ONLY if the draft is reinstated.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Well, it all depends if it's on home soil or if you have to go fight somewhere in a desert for a hidden agenda. If you're confronted with invading troops who try to take over your home and put your family in concentration camps then of course I would arm myself and fight however...

If it's about a 'patriotic' duty or something like that... screw it! I'm all about helping people in need but I'm not into going to fight some foreign civilians who haven't asked for anything or done anything wrong.

That being said, WWIII would most probably be nuclear so there would be little reason for me to go 'fight' anyone. It would be survival first and rebuilding later (if I make it out alive) so I would organize a resistance but that's about all.

Also, please please please... people who have been fooled by the whole 'patriotic' lie, do not ever go fight 'for your country'. It sickens me every time I hear people say: "we're fighting for our country". Let's face it, you're not fighting for your country, you're fighting for your own safety and that of your family and friends.

If SHTF, many 'patriotic' minded people would be the first ones to hide in bunkers and close the door to others if it meant that they were to survive instead. This whole 'fighting for my country' thing is soooo grotesque. That the president of the USA says that, ok... it's political so he kind of has to say that kind of stuff but please not the regular Jo on the street.

Think about it a second, if you and your family and friends were to suddenly be dropped in a foreign country and had to live there and restart a life... after a while you got back into a routine and let's say that one day that country is being attacked. You wouldn't go out there and say "I'm gonna fight for my country", you'd rather say that you're fighting for personal survival. Why not have the same train of thought for the country in which you live now?

I mean, the Earth is a place on which you should be comfortable living almost anywhere, regardless of the geographical location or the fact that you were born on a particular soil. JFK said an interesting thing when he spoke to the American people telling them "Ask not what the country can do for your but what you can do for the country".

Well, why would I do anything for a country really? I mean, where's 'the country' when you're knee deep in sh*t, when your house is being foreclosed upon, you loose your job and have no benefits... where's your country then? So yes, I say... what can a country do for me that I can return the favor? Going to die for an elite wargame is as far as I'm concerned not gonna happen any time soon.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You are right. Military is all regs and paperwork nowadays. What we are engaged in shouldn't be called war. It should be called selective enforcement. Or a protection racket. Crime lords protecting turf.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah why don’t I write to my slave owner and alert them that I can’t work for them because it is very inconvenient timing, I am quite sure they will understand.

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
If I had not have a family to take care of, I would leave for other countries. But in this case, I will fight.

Off topic; for those who like FPS game, you know that we have "Homefront" coming next year, right ?! Alots of "Unified Korean" soldiers to kill some time. ^^

For those who dont know what I am talking about, please go to youtube, search for "Homefront game trailer."

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join