It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musicians who haven't sold out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am a firm believer that music is a great way to either motivate a person/group or cause them to be placid and stuck in a false reality.

I am a teen of the 90's so I grew up listening to a lot of alternative and grunge music. But just like any generation there were those bands that "played by the rules" and those that broke all barrier and either didn't sell out to big brother, or initially sold out but eventually learned and sang about the truth.

Let's talk about the bands that have not sold out to big brother and songs which it.

many songs have hidden meanings, or may be hard for some people to figure out, so be sure to explain your thoughts.

Here are a few to help you get started.

Foo Fighters (they have quite a few) - pretender

Green Day - American Idiot
This one is a message to Americans that you are blind to what is really going on in the world and the united states.
edit on 4-12-2010 by thewholepicture because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
'Ewigkeit' and, 'Bombs of Enduring Freedom' 'The Meads of Asphodel' both have songs or albums dedicated to conspiracy theories .

Ewigkeit and BOEF are mostly NWO stuff, and the meads are about the Christ conspiracy.

I think they're all actually done by James 'Foggy' Fogarty.

S&F

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
TOOL is the first group that popped into my mind, truly independent and it shows in their work, both musically and artistically.

TOOL Thread

Peace,
spec
edit on 4-12-2010 by speculativeoptimist because: add link

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Rummelsnuff

move to 1:30 to get the idea

a song in "english"

new topics

top topics

join