It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

can someone get a diseases from not taking a bath but 1 time a week ?

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If someone takes 1 shower a week and goes sometimes all week with no bath or shower . can they feel bad ?




posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican
 


I don't know.... Tell me - How do you feel right now?



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
No !

Whoever told you this nonsense is full of it...

Germs make you sick. When you don't take a bath you might be carying more of them.
This only means just that. You don't get sick by being only dirty... ever.



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by williamAmerican
 


If having nobody wanting to get anywhere near you from being all funky makes you feel bad... then yes.

~Heff



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   


can someone get a diseases from not taking a bath but 1 time a week


Thanks for reminding me

Note to self take bath Tuesday



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Whatever your body takes in during the week in terms of food and toxins can be released from your body when you sweat. If that sweat dries onto your skin and you do not wash it of, then those toxins get reabsorbed by your skin into your bloodstream and can make you ill.

Ever wondered why a shower makes you feel good? This is why. Your body is no longer absorbing the toxins it sweated out. Hense why after a booze session, the best hangover cure is lots of water and a bath to wash away the alcohol that has dried on your skin and is reabsorbed by it.



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


No sorry, have to take issue with you there my friend. Alcohol is broken down by the liver, as are most other toxins.

If you shower/bath too frequently you run the risk of drying your skin as you wash away essential oils and additionally the trillions of bacteria that live on your skin and help to keep it healthy.

And who says a shower makes you feel good? I hate them. Much prefer a bath.



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Whatever your body takes in during the week in terms of food and toxins can be released from your body when you sweat. If that sweat dries onto your skin and you do not wash it of, then those toxins get reabsorbed by your skin into your bloodstream and can make you ill.

Ever wondered why a shower makes you feel good? This is why. Your body is no longer absorbing the toxins it sweated out. Hense why after a booze session, the best hangover cure is lots of water and a bath to wash away the alcohol that has dried on your skin and is reabsorbed by it.


I nominate you for quack of the year award dude....

None of what you stated here is factually correct.

And for mho on the OP I believe that not taking a bath more often than once a week, makes you healthier, only because no one wants to be around you, including those that may be carrying a germy.....



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


No sorry, have to take issue with you there my friend. Alcohol is broken down by the liver, as are most other toxins.

If you shower/bath too frequently you run the risk of drying your skin as you wash away essential oils and additionally the trillions of bacteria that live on your skin and help to keep it healthy.

And who says a shower makes you feel good? I hate them. Much prefer a bath.



I prefer a bath too. Much more relaxing especialy after freezing your nuts off at work all day!

As to your exception.

Read these interesting articles.

I have been studying hygiene as part of my nursing degree this week actually as a bizarre coincidense lol.

You can wash TOO much though as you said. But with as with all things, all is good in moderation.



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinkykoala

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Whatever your body takes in during the week in terms of food and toxins can be released from your body when you sweat. If that sweat dries onto your skin and you do not wash it of, then those toxins get reabsorbed by your skin into your bloodstream and can make you ill.

Ever wondered why a shower makes you feel good? This is why. Your body is no longer absorbing the toxins it sweated out. Hense why after a booze session, the best hangover cure is lots of water and a bath to wash away the alcohol that has dried on your skin and is reabsorbed by it.


I nominate you for quack of the year award dude....

None of what you stated here is factually correct.

And for mho on the OP I believe that not taking a bath more often than once a week, makes you healthier, only because no one wants to be around you, including those that may be carrying a germy.....



And i accept your nomination.

*sniff*

I would like to thank my family, and all of those who believed in me to make this prestige nomination possible



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1

Originally posted by kinkykoala

Originally posted by Yissachar1
Whatever your body takes in during the week in terms of food and toxins can be released from your body when you sweat. If that sweat dries onto your skin and you do not wash it of, then those toxins get reabsorbed by your skin into your bloodstream and can make you ill.

Ever wondered why a shower makes you feel good? This is why. Your body is no longer absorbing the toxins it sweated out. Hense why after a booze session, the best hangover cure is lots of water and a bath to wash away the alcohol that has dried on your skin and is reabsorbed by it.


I nominate you for quack of the year award dude....

None of what you stated here is factually correct.

And for mho on the OP I believe that not taking a bath more often than once a week, makes you healthier, only because no one wants to be around you, including those that may be carrying a germy.....



And i accept your nomination.

*sniff*

I would like to thank my family, and all of those who believed in me to make this prestige nomination possible




Thanks for not taking offense man, as it wasn't intended....Your a good sport



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Physically? No! Well I think it would not help your Ego and Self-esteem if I say "GET LOST!!! YOU STINK!!!"

edit on 4-12-2010 by SwissGurl because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have read an article (can't remember where) that said that by being a bit dirtier we actually improve our immune system so not taking a bath for a few days might be of benefit. But that would also be toady and you would smell bad, which isn't nice. And as we seem to have drifted slightly off topic in the last few posts I wish to add my vote - a shower wins over a bath any day, as long as it is hot and powerful. Why wallow in your own filth?



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
We all know how healthy bums are.



posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3finjo
I have read an article (can't remember where) that said that by being a bit dirtier we actually improve our immune system so not taking a bath for a few days might be of benefit. But that would also be toady and you would smell bad, which isn't nice. And as we seem to have drifted slightly off topic in the last few posts I wish to add my vote - a shower wins over a bath any day, as long as it is hot and powerful. Why wallow in your own filth?


Amen, I haven't bathed in years


(I do shower though)



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


Well I stand corrected (sort of)


Only about 1% of ingested alcohol crosses the skin,[4] either as sensible perspiration (sweat in the liquid phase) or insensible perspiration (constant, unnoticeable sweat in the vapor phase). This phenomenon, first studied and understood as early as 1936,[5] and later investigated in other studies,[6][7][8][9][10][11] is known as transdermal excretion of alcohol or excretion through the skin.


Source: Wikipedia Continuous transdermal alcohol monitoring

Another source I found said as much as 10% but it was a student paper so ???

I note that Triclosan is pointed out in anti-bacterial soaps, but it is also found in some toothpastes?

The only toothpaste without fluoride by the way is Euthymol, but it has sorbitol. You just can't win!



posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kinkykoala
 



And for mho on the OP I believe that not taking a bath more often than once a week, makes you healthier, only because no one wants to be around you, including those that may be carrying a germy


Wrong actually, and are you saying that a few decades ago when people did not bath/shower every day that they were 'smelly'? I think not.

This modern obsession with washing the whole of your body and hair at least once a day is not only bad for your health it is bad for your pocket and wasteful of resources including increasing your carbon footprint.

Go Smelly and Save The Pacific Islands






posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Lool as long as you wash your hands and stuff and keep yourself dry you can go for a long long time without a bath and no probs..
I have stayed places were u cant wash (apart from your hands and face) and no the people staying there never got sick. How do you think our ancestors coped... If you go back a few hundred years in UK it was considered dirty to wash..
I remeber reading an letter from a king to his lover. He was going to see her in 6 months or something and he wrote something like make sure you dont wash... I want you to be sexy...



posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
Lool as long as you wash your hands and stuff and keep yourself dry you can go for a long long time without a bath and no probs..
I have stayed places were u cant wash (apart from your hands and face) and no the people staying there never got sick. How do you think our ancestors coped... If you go back a few hundred years in UK it was considered dirty to wash..
I remeber reading an letter from a king to his lover. He was going to see her in 6 months or something and he wrote something like make sure you dont wash... I want you to be sexy...



Oh man!! I could have gone all day not hearing that.....Yech!!




posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Perfume came about to mask the smell of those who did not bathe daily.

People use to NOT bathe daily not that long ago.

There are many cultures worldwide that do not have running potable water and bathe infrequently.

They are not any less healthy than those that bathe daily.

Our societies obsession with cleanliness is probably why we are constantly sick all the time.




top topics



 
2

log in

join