It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hipster time traveler photo is real

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I always thought the 'hipster' reference was more concerning the cardigan than the glasses.

Which never made much sense to me, as the cardigan has been in fashion since just after the Crimean War in the mid 1800's. He really doesn't look all that out of place to me. He just isn't wearing a hat.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Here is me in my 1918 glasses

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c51f0b86eaeb.jpg[/atsimg]

Oh dear, why am I posting this

edit on 4-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Are you sure that photo of you is from 2010 ?

You look like a time-traveller from the 1940s...

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
My 2c :

If that person was a local and from that period of time , it would be possible to track him down . As stated before in this thread , there were not manny shirts that had engravings like that in that period of time , so I would assume that this would have to be a school/university shirt . If somebody could track down a list of schools for that area and check their logos , one should have a M in them . Then it is a case of going over year books with photos (if they had such a thing in those times ? ) .

Even without the photos , if there is/was a school/university with a similar logo that would probably close the case .

Also why I think he has to be local ? Well why would somebody travel for a minor event like a bridge reopening if he was not from that area ?

Edit: Also there is one person looking at this guy , look to his right at the woman in a white coat .
edit on 4/12/10 by Thill because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Damn they got the fanz. ayyyy

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Maybe he's blind hence the glasses...
Besides that he doesn't look any different to me.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Are you sure that photo of you is from 2010 ?

You look like a time-traveller from the 1940s...

Thats going on my ATS personalities list, just underneath Nordic alien, Disinfo Agent and Sheeple

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I get a feeling that I may well be teased about this picture for the rest of my time on ATS.

Oh....count on it!!

Oh, and before you go back in time, to appear in another photo, and cause all this ruckus on ATS....don't forget to get your hair cut in the style of the era, lke the bloke in the Canadian photo did....else you'll REALLY stick out!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Thats going on my ATS personalities list, just underneath Nordic alien, Disinfo Agent and Sheeple

What's the biggest difference that you've noticed in the world, since you propelled yourself from a sunglasses-wearing life in circa 1941, to a sunglasses-wearing life in 2010 ?

Or even the 1910s... Those sunglasses look like they may have been from that period...
edit on 4-12-2010 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
As much as I want to believe he's from the 21st century, I'm afraid I think he's just an especially cool person from 1941.

Still, it's interesting there were people that looked like that 70 years ago!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

It's quite funny that glasses that were presumably "normal" in 1918 now look like something from some kind of ultra futuristic movie.

I still didn't have any luck finding the exact Jersey he is wearing, I'm guessing it's university logo but as it's in Canada maybe a Canadian ATS poster would be able to recognize it, unless it's a rouge American in a Canadian picture or a Time traveller with a wardrobe malfunction

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I honestly don't believe this guy is anything extraordinary. He is holding a camera from that time (most likely a Agfa Speedex B2) I have enhanced the image and sent it to my friend joel adorama of adorama cameras NYC and he confirms it is most likely a agfa. His hair looks just the way my uncle dewitt wore his hair in the 40's..(might I add that my uncle regularly cut Elvis's hair..so he was a bit of a hipster for his time) We have already gone over the clothing and silkscreen being around for like a gazillion years..so what else is there? NOTHING.

If you guys haven't already seen this site I find it quite interesting...You should watch out for and read the papers on weather control programs in the 30/40's

MODERN MECHANIXS

I really like the guy with the 1918 glasses! Those are quite NICE!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I thought you looked quite snazzy in your shades, for what it's worth...

I really don't see why people think that that guy in the 1941 picture looks ''out of place'' in that photo.

The only reason that he looks ''out of place'' is because he's dressed casually, as opposed to most of the other people in the picture, who are dressed formally.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Thats some cool shades. It looks like the style of our age.

Heres the big problem with the theory of trimetravelling;

Is there only 1 past, 1 present and 1 future? If you go back in time and change something, what about the time you came from? Say you go back in time and kill bush back when he was president, what about your time that he was? Ok how about you go back in time and kill your father when he was a child. So what you do will change the future of that time but not your time you came from?

So there must be more than 1 past, 1 present and 1 future.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I think it is not faked:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3709058eb6b5.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/820b10136843.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

This was the best I could do in the few minutes I have to look right now:
Populated places in the Squamish–Lillooet Regional District

ETA: here's the link to copy and paste, as the link function in the post keeps effing it up ==> en.wikipedia.org...
opulated_places_in_the_Squamish%E2%80%93Lillooet_Regional_District

Looking through, there are 3 options that stand out right away:

McGillivray, British Columbia
Moha, British Columbia
Mount Currie, British Columbia

I don't believe Moha or Mount Currie had population densities large enough to support a secondary/post-secondary school in those times, but I could be wrong.

As for McGillivray...

During World War II, McGillivray Falls, as the community was then known, was one of four "self-supporting centres" in the Lillooet Country for the forced evacuation of Japanese Canadians outside a 100-mile "quarantine zone" from the Coast. McGillivray Falls was just outside the 100-mile limit, but due to the area's isolation (there was no road to the Coast before the 1960s) internees at McGillivray were hired by Frank Devine to work at his sawmill 2 miles downline from D'Arcy, at the head of Anderson Lake and itself within the 100-mile limit; the location of that mill is today the unincorporated rural settlement of Devine.

The next largest settlement starting with 'M' that I could find in a circular search on a map beginning with Gold Bridge was Merritt. They did have Merritt Secondary School, could be a sweater from the high school. But, that's a 5-6 hour car drive, so make your own judgements.

edit on 12/5/2010 by Kennit because: fixed link coding error

edit on 12/5/2010 by Kennit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I just realized that it could easily be a W on the sweater as well. Whistler is just under 3 hours away by car.

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Wow! This is excellent! Finally able to get a real confirmation of it being real!!!

Now if only we could get an ultra-high resolution scan of the photo...

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Strange
If you had to send someone back in time, why would you send a hipster?

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by badw0lf

But he is the only person in that photo even wearing sunglasses. Just that much more strange.

He's also the only person that appears to be under 90 (except the kid) and the witch from "Wicked" (top right)
and so probably is trying to be cool.

The camera he's holding in box brownie fashion isn't a brownie, but close and so presuming that he comes from our future and is technologically advanced (he's a time traveller doh!), then why isn't the camera in his glasses (or a direct brain implant) given that we can fit a camera in a badge.

This is a complete waste of electrons.

posted on Dec, 7 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

It's quite funny that glasses that were presumably "normal" in 1918 now look like something from some kind of ultra futuristic movie.

I still didn't have any luck finding the exact Jersey he is wearing, I'm guessing it's university logo but as it's in Canada maybe a Canadian ATS poster would be able to recognize it, unless it's a rouge American in a Canadian picture or a Time traveller with a wardrobe malfunction

It's probably a grain sack is "mom" converted into a vest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join