It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Had it with anything tech related. Its goal is to make me INSANE!...well goal accomplished!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I have had it with all things that require electricity or some chip. My tv never works right, the cable box resets itself whenever it feels like and when you spend 20mins looking for a movie to watch it won't play. My computer sucks and always wants to shut down or freeze at the WORST times. My phone, droid, is like my damn computer half the time. Freezes, shuts down or tells me an app has stopped working and I have to force quit it.

I mean seriously what is so good about all this crap when it just drives me insane?! I can FEEL my blood pressure rising right now.

Let's see..I was out all day and when i go home I checked my computer to see if my bf was online and he was which made me happy since we don't talk that much with the time difference. I went to IM him and what happens?! My computer decides to freeze and just restart all on its own. By the time i got back online he was gone and I was upset. ( I did talk to him eventually
) My computer as many know will be the death of me. It's a PC and I hate it. ISorry please don't argue the whole Apple vs PC thing with me, it's my rant! I hate PCs period! This thing is only one year old and the battery is completely dead already, that died months ago. I have always used Apple but for at least another month I am stuck with this thing. It takes forever to do anything and I don't understand why. I do NOT download anything I shouldn't because I know PCs are temperamental about that kind of stuff. I have restored it to factory three times now I believe and it STILL wants to give me a hard time. I give up! It will be a miracle if this thing doesn't end up getting tossed off my 6th floor balcony into the river below. I will feel such relief but I will instantly freak out not having the internet lol My printer decided it was gonna just stop working yesterday when I actually needed it for something other than printing out a PDF to read. I needed it for my resume and it just shut down on its own. I slammed it as hard as I could and tbh that worked lol It took me 20mins to get it to work right and it never really gave me problems before that. I do however love the internet. It's my own virtual library and keeps intouch with my other half overseas and my friends. I just don;t like the machine I have to use to access it and apparently it doesn't like me either.

Right now I am trying to find a movie to watch on the ondemand channels and well I look thru all 4 channels and their lists of movies but when I find one I finally want to watch it tells me it's not available. WTF! This happens a lot and it just pisses me off. We pay for a service and yet it's only available when they want it to be...Well they can stick that box where the sun don't shine for all I care. My tv loves to just go out on its own. I hit the side of it and it works fine but not always. Right now it's BLANK! The cable box isn't working...go figure. Brighthouse can shove it too.

As for my cell phone I have had 3 iPhones and one Droid now and they ALL mess up...well my iPhone was honestly my fault since I dropped it
but my droid is just like my laptop. It's temperamental and loves to shut down, freeze or just do whatever it feels like. Things that should only take a couple mins take forever because of stupid tech issues. I was trying to take pics of me to send my bf (nothing bad so don't go there) and for whatever reason there is a black bar over my face. It starts from my neck and goes up. I tried other angles and it did the same thing...See it hates me, proof right there.

To me technology is good but it's a pain in the ass and well my ass mostly. I have always had problems with anything electrical or tech like. It's been an ongoing joke for years but I am to the point where I am sick of it. It is really frustrating when nothing works right and all I do is touch it!! I have a high electrical charge anyway so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but it's really starting to make me insane!

At this point I am all for getting kicked back to the stone age or hell even the 80s
I am just so tired of it. It's really frustrating and may seem silly to you guys but you have no idea how this is a daily constant occurrence for me for years!!. I get so pissed anymore I want to just toss it all away and go back to reading my books and using snail mail and the land line phone!

PC/Bill Gates/Acer and anyone who makes these things

Brighthouse cable box (I really wanted to watch Independence Day damn you)
Motorolla Droid
Toshiba TV
HP printer

Ok I feel slightly better

edit on 12/3/2010 by mblahnikluver because: spelling

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Maybe you should just invest in a pet rock...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tribewilder
Maybe you should just invest in a pet rock...

You know it would find a way to malfunction. I would probably start talking! LOL!

I swear this really drives me nuts. I was almost hit by lightning as a kid and I joked that might be a reason and the more I read about that kind of stuff happening I wouldnt surprised. I am not saying it is but my god what else could it be. NOBODY I know has this problem...But anyway the bolt came in the window, went pass my head and hit the lamp in the corner. Everything on me stood up. It was creepy but cool at the same time. I became fascinated with lightning after that... I get zapped all the time when i touch things whether it's in the cold or heat.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
ISorry please don't argue the whole Apple vs PC thing with me, it's my rant! I hate PCs period!

Oh please tell me that was intentional, if it was, it was gold!!

ISorry.. Lol

Ahem, this is why I don't have too many things that can break. no phone, no tv box (digital usb tuner in my pc only), no car, no stereo, etc... if I buy anything I expect it to break so I don't need to repair it.

All my tv shows come from online (cough) and movies are usually just random late night things, if I can actually motivate myself to sit still long enough to watch them.

Freezone documentaries are my staple however, and my ISP provides plenty.

My PC even has a silly thing called expressboot, which is a small linux OS I can boot from if my pc dies, and I can get online with it - basic internet access, so even at the worse I can still view my things if I need.

If you rely too much on things that break often, you're often disappointed with them.

But murphy still tries his best to get me. oh that bugger...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Don't they still have the internet that you can access on tv w/o a computer?
You could still surf, but not have to deal with the headaches.

Some people just have bad luck with electronics. I bet it's a electro-chemical thing of some sort.
I bet you cannot wear watches either.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This is especially f or o.p.; its "the onion" language is not work safe infact its mostly"cuss words" but it reflects op perfectly.Its hilarious. but I won't embed

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

*Ahem... don't talk about Murphy... that's asking for trouble!

reply to post by 46ACE

That was hilarious!

edit on 3-12-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
How fitting. I was just told a joke 10 minutes ago (waiting for my tournament to start...)
About 50 years ago the aliens came to earth to check out what us humans were doing, they radio back to their home planet "all is well, nothing to worry about. all they do is stand around and shoot a white ball with a stick"... The aliens come back recently to reevaluate us humans... The aliens radio back to their home planet "nothing to worry about, all they do down there is stand around with black boxes poking buttons" (and the guy points to my smart phone.) Good merit. Keep us distracted. Although ill admit. I'd like to throw my smart phone at the wall from the lag time sometimes!

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

*Ahem... don't talk about Murphy... that's asking for trouble!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be07c5f6df5b.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

haha good point..

*hides under covers*

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am doing fairly well with most of my techy stuff except for one printer. I had a document on my computer to copy, I brought it up on my puter, set the copier for one copy and left the room. I returned about 20 minutes later and the copier was still making copies, what the hay! On closer inspection I see it is copying all the documents on my computer but not the one I wanted a copy of. I turned off the copier and it just kept making copies. I shut off the computer and unplugged the copier - now I am scared of this thing. Could it be possessed?

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

You have no one to blame but yourself.

You are like most people to dependent on electronic equipment made in China.

When it breaks down and or craps out you do not know who to blame.

The blame should be on you for thinking you need all that junk.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   

My advice for your pc problems

Install Spybot link
Install Free Avast Antivirus link
Install Free Comodo Firewall Link

Or as you said just throw it out of the window.

I once threw my old InkJet printer down a flight of stairs because it broke down the night before I had to hand in my final dissertation at university and I needed to print around 1000 pages. I had been awake for 3 days at that point so I wasn't feeling very rational
then I had to go to PCWorld as soon as it opened and buy a new one.

Disclaimer
PC advice is followed entirely at your own risk and may make things worse instead of better..
The information in this post is provided for entertainment value only
No technical claims of any sort are made or inferred concerning the use of this information
No scientific evaluation of this information has been made.
Individual results may vary.
edit on 3-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadow watcher
Don't they still have the internet that you can access on tv w/o a computer?
You could still surf, but not have to deal with the headaches.

Some people just have bad luck with electronics. I bet it's a electro-chemical thing of some sort.
I bet you cannot wear watches either.

I wear a watch but they do break or stop working often. I always need a new battery long before it is suppose to have one but that could just be because it sat in the store too long or the battery is bad.

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
This is especially f or o.p.; its "the onion" language is not work safe infact its mostly"cuss words" but it reflects op perfectly.Its hilarious. but I won't embed

www.youtube.com...

OMG! This is hilarious and is how I feel!! HAHA!! This is brilliant and true for all electronics haha..

lmao!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude

You have no one to blame but yourself.

You are like most people to dependent on electronic equipment made in China.

When it breaks down and or craps out you do not know who to blame.

The blame should be on you for thinking you need all that junk.

Um hey buddy this is MY rant. I can complain about anything I want!! This is the RANT section and I BLAME the idiots who make this crap not me. I don't do anything to it but turn it on! I do need this stuff, ever heard of college? One needs a computer and such for college. My tv, I could careless about but it's not mine it was here when I moved in. My phone well I use that to keep in touch with my BF overseas so don't tell me what I need and am dependent on thank you very much.

Electronics suck and are made to fail so you buy new every year. It's a scam! Also tell me one thing that isn't made in damn China?!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

My advice for your pc problems

Install Spybot link
Install Free Avast Antivirus link
Install Free Comodo Firewall Link

Or as you said just throw it out of the window.

I once threw my old InkJet printer down a flight of stairs because it broke down the night before I had to hand in my final dissertation at university and I needed to print around 1000 pages. I had been awake for 3 days at that point so I wasn't feeling very rational
then I had to go to PCWorld as soon as it opened and buy a new one.

Disclaimer
PC advice is followed entirely at your own risk and may make things worse instead of better..
The information in this post is provided for entertainment value only
No technical claims of any sort are made or inferred concerning the use of this information
No scientific evaluation of this information has been made.
Individual results may vary.
edit on 3-12-2010 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Hahaha! Yeah I was almost there last night. I am on the 6th floor and the sound it would make hitting the ground would be awesome but I can't I need this thing for a few more years. In January I will have a new Macbook Pro and most of my stress will be relieved lol It really has been an ongoing joke with my friends who things always malfunction in my presence.

I have spy bot but I will add the other two
honestly this is what I dont like about PC, all the crap I have to have to protect it. My Apple I didn't need any of that crap lol I shall try it though, it's for the greater good

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Have you considered that rather than typing all this on a comuter keyboard that you get yourself an old fashioned Remington typewriter that uses paper?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fredcall

Have you considered that rather than typing all this on a comuter keyboard that you get yourself an old fashioned Remington typewriter that uses paper?

I had an old typewriter and I loved it!! If I could do every thing on that I would!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Originally posted by fredcall

I had an old typewriter and I loved it!! If I could do every thing on that I would!

You might consider purchasing an old typewriter from a Stephen King novel...........

new topics

top topics

join