It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Atomic Knowledge?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Quick reply (headed off to a meeting) but some "passages" from the ancient Indian texts are actually forgeries. I've read through the Mahabharata, and the "atomic attack" one isn't there. I'll have to doublecheck those but I'm pretty sure those are the forged ones.

That said, yes the ancients had some concept of the atom. The earliest record was someone from India (I've shamefully blanked on the name and am in a hurry) about 600 BC or thereabouts, but it was in the form of "a quality which cannot be further divided" and didn't include nucleus, electrons, shells, orbitals, electron exchange and bonding or so forth. The Greeks (blanking on the name) also came up with the theory about 150 years later -- the famous "everything is made up of 4 elements which can't be divided further: earth, air, fire, water.

So, yes they "knew" about an atom (thing that is the basic building block of everything) but didn't actually know how many common elements there were and would have probably told you that the atoms that make up gold were earth and fire and the ones making up iron were earth and air, etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

i was just reading a thread on the i ching, the book of changes, and this thread title got me thinking of a little bit it said...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

... The Ching describes various elements and their characteristics, relationships and potential interractions - and the relationships and interractions between various systems that make up the larger whole. Intrinsic to the model is the concept of dynamic change, and "time" - a calendar.

In and of itself, the I Ching is a 'systems approach' to knowledge and archiving, both. ...

so basically the i ching has survived through the ages mainly as a divining method or fortune book, but this thread touches on an idea/point that it also can be looked at from a very mathmatical perspective and it been seen that the i ching is an alchemic book in coded form, so altough it really works as a divining or fortune book, it also is an accurate alchemic truth trying to remain hidden from the uninitiated in coded form!

For example, if the I Ching correlates accurately to the periodic table by atomic number, then:

Age 1: Started with nothing, 0, and the 'birth' of hydrogen (element #1);
Age 2: Started with (the 'breeding'/birth of) helium, and ended with (the 'breeding'/birth of) lithium (elements 2 & 3);
Age 3: Started with beryllium, ended with nitrogen (elements 4-7);
Age 4: Started with oxygen, ended with phosphorus (elements 8-15);
Age 5: Started with sulfur, ended with gallium (elements 16-31);
Age 6: Started with germanium, ended with europium (elements 32-63).

Age 7 started with the appearance of gadolinium (#64), and (will) end(ed) with the birth of a 127th element.

The potential "contraction" here refers to various processes of "decay" and devolution.

At the same time, correlating the I Ching to the periodic table by the number of electrons might describe different relationships, potential interractions and possibilities.

so the i ching is supposed to be at least 5000 years old or older.. could that be intensely ancient knowledge of atomic structure and whatnot?

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

These claims of nuclear weaponry in the Mahabharata are a cleverly conceived fraud/hoax that has spread across the internet and taken the semblance of fact. Repetition doesn't indicate truth, but people often accept the repeated claims rather than just check out the facts.

This passage is a cheeky blend of actual quotes plucked from parts of the Mahabharata and BS. Firstly, there isn't any character called 'Gurkha' in the text. Secondly, the original text describes the vehicles as chariots being pulled by oxen/steers. Although dated to somewhere around 4/5th Century BC, India had been using chariots in warfare for 2000 years. The chariot was an 'advanced weapon' of the time. Imagine one of us trying to face down a car rolling downhill with a sword?

Many websites that describe vimanas as advanced aircraft are using a guy's claims from around 1905. He 'channelled' extra verses of the Mahabharata with a distinctly modern twist. None of his 'texts' have been accepted by traditional Hindu authorities. It's similar to a Westerner claiming to have channelled a couple of extra books for the Bible wherein Jesus' missing years were spent flying airplanes over Egypt.

The whole Mahabharata is available to read in a good translated version...Mahabharata Index Page. Book 34 of the Kama Pava is one source of the well-known text in the OP. I've taken a part of the text to demonstrate the similarity and inspiration fof the creation of the false passages....

And the lord Sankara cast on that arrow his own irresistible and fierce wrath, the unbearable fire of anger, viz., that which was born of wrath of Bhrigu and Angirasa. Then He called Nila Rohita (Blue and Red or smoke)--that terrible deity robed in skins,--looking like 10,000 Suns, and shrouded by the fire of superabundant Energy, blazed up with splendour. That discomfiter of even him that is difficult of being discomfited, that victor, that slayer of all haters of Brahma, called also Hara, that rescuer of the righteous and destroyer of the unrighteous, viz., the illustrious Sthanu, accompanied by many beings of terrible might and terrible forms that were endued with the speed of the mind and capable of agitating and crushing all foes, as if with all the fourteen faculties of the soul awake about him, looked exceedingly resplendent. Having his limbs for their refuge, this entire universe of mobile and immobile creatures that were present there, O king, looked beautiful, presenting a highly wonderful appearance. Beholding that car, duly equipped, he cased himself in mail and armed himself with the bow, and took up that celestial shaft born of Soma and Vishnu and Agni. The gods, O king, then commanded that foremost of celestials, viz., Wind, to breathe after that puissant Deity all the fragrance that he carries. Then Mahadeva, terrifying the very gods, and making the very Earth tremble, ascended that car resolutely. Then the great Rishis, the Gandharvas, those throngs of gods and those diverse tribes of Apsaras began to praise that Lord of the gods while he was about to ascend that car. Adored by the regenerate Rishis, and praised by the eulogists and diverse tribes of dancing Apsaras well-versed in the art of dancing, that boon-giving lord, armed with scimitar and arrow and bow, looked very beautiful. Smiling, he then asked the gods, 'Who will become my driver?' The gods answered him, saying, 'He whom thou wilt appoint, will, O Lord of the gods, without doubt, become thy driver!' Unto them the god replied, 'Reflecting yourselves, without delay make him my driver who is superior to me!'
www.sacred-texts.com...

The website 's8nt.com' is a typically dishonest website that features half-truths and blatant lies. They are actually an advocacy group for disseminating the Old Testament stories of Creation as an historical document of fact. By misrepresenting real and imagined historical discoveries and artefacts, they seek to erode the credibility of science and replace it with with a religious explanation of our world that tallies with the Christian Old Testament. Their lack of integrity or ethics is clearly shown by the way they use the Mahabharata texts to bolster their claims whilst being ideologically opposed to the entire Hindu religion!

posted on Dec, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I have always felt esp the more I read into ancient wars that things like nuclear weapons are not new.

You might like this thread by Skyfloating Of Ancient Wars and Space Craft It's a pretty good read and with your topic you will probably enjoy it.

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
How about the Bahagavad Gita?
Doesnt it have a description of a mercury powered heavier than aircraft?
Something i rememebr about getting the mercury boiling in a sealed chamber of iron?from there it gets fizzy but im sure ive read it way back there somewhere...
Also didnt some prince buy a spaceship from out of this solar system beings?
Isnt there a passage describing the stages of launching a space vehicle sort of?
Id be sorely dissapointed if it was all humbug! Damn BS ing archaeologists anyways!

posted on Dec, 10 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
How about the Bahagavad Gita?
Doesnt it have a description of a mercury powered heavier than aircraft?
Something i rememebr about getting the mercury boiling in a sealed chamber of iron?from there it gets fizzy but im sure ive read it way back there somewhere...
Also didnt some prince buy a spaceship from out of this solar system beings?
Isnt there a passage describing the stages of launching a space vehicle sort of?
Id be sorely dissapointed if it was all humbug! Damn BS ing archaeologists anyways!

You're in for a disappointment then.

Read it yourself and quit slingin all that humbug around here!

Harte

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join